3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

weather in the Carolinas- unreal- high 70s= ate lunch at an outside table at a local BBQ joint- got SUNBURNED!!!!!!!!

got a new wonderful overstuffed leather sofa for my listening room-stole it- 914.00 delivered-2375 on the net=1675 on e-bay

looking for a reliner deal= patience is the key

Gotta get my TT stuff mounted and running

Hope everybody is OK and healthy

Cheers

Congratulations on the sofa... sounds like a great deal.

Hot here today also. I can't believe it, but I had to turn on the AC units, just to keep the peace in the house last night.

Enjoying some good red wine tonight and watching the TCU/BYU basketball game (recorded) on the tube (no sound) as I enjoy some very good music.

Cheers... also..

Boxx

i'm here...alone I guess. I thought there was a meeting tonight.

just had some veggies for dinner and a granny smith apple, and some pretzels. drinking an O'douls--no more alcohol for me. i didn't pace myself in life and now my pancreas is mad at me. that's okay, i don't miss it much anymore. hope everyone is okay. Hey Ben, if I make it out to the pilgrimage this summer, i hope you'll have one of those powerful ginger ales waiting for me. i've looked around and don't find that brand out west. i think you said it was blenheim.

I'm not to have any booze today, as I got an epidural this morning. So, it looks like just beer. Wink

no alcohol, so you're drinking a bud or a coors then? (hope you're feeling better)
"Life... is a state of mind" Ben Rand (Being There, 1979)

I'm not to have any booze today, as I got an epidural this morning. So, it looks like just beer. Wink

So why not? The epidural was in the morning? I think I've gotten rid of my meds that said DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION on the bottle back to the should not drink alcolhol while taking this medication.

So when I asked my doctor at the time and a lawyer in town if that meant I only couldn't have booze to chase down my pills they both rolled their eyes and laughed.

The nurse practicioner prescribed me some sleeping pills a few months ago to help me get to sleep in generic form this time around that I'd used in the brand name a few years back. Didn't seem to do anything this time around though I think the dosage is the same. But the label is confusing. Warning. May cause drowsiness. Alcolhol may intensify this effect. Uh, isn't that the whole point of sleeping pills. And isn't mixing sleeping pills and alcohol considered deadly? (Ok, that's probably a handfull of sleeping pills with alcohol but now it sounds more like take with alcohol if you want it to work?

Just orange juice tonight. Cheers to all.

just checking in before i have my embarrassing day tomorrow. i'm forced to attend these meetings once a month and i can't hear a thing that they say. i know my hearing has gotten considerably worse the past few years (and the loud music via headphones now that i'm back to living in an apartment after my divorce certainly isn't helping); but, i sit at these meetings and honestly can't hear a word people are saying. the chairman of the board of supervisors has started calling me out to see if i have any comments, and two months in a row, i didn't even know he was talking to me...so i just sat there. honestly, i think he's doing as a joke now (after the first meeting, i apologized and told him that i wasn't being rude, just being near deaf). but, my boss makes me go, if for nothing else to carry stuff. but, i'm getting paid to go, so i do.

well barkeeps, thanks for letting me tell you my problems...

Cheers!

Fini, i think you're onto something. They're probably considerably cheaper than hearing aids. by the way, a bit of advice for you comedians out there...this lady at work told me her friend just got hearing aids, and i asked if he got it from oral sex? another lady then informed me to not repeat that joke at work because she was offended, and it just wasn't funny. I apologized then said that i should save that joke for a more intellectual audience--she said that was probably a good idea. Go figure, she's offended at humor; but, when i pretty much call her stupid she's not offended. *Steve*

Fini, i think you're onto something. They're probably considerably cheaper than hearing aids. by the way, a bit of advice for you comedians out there...this lady at work told me her friend just got hearing aids, and i asked if he got it from oral sex? another lady then informed me to not repeat that joke at work because she was offended, and it just wasn't funny. I apologized then said that i should save that joke for a more intellectual audience--she said that was probably a good idea. Go figure, she's offended at humor; but, when i pretty much call her stupid she's not offended. *Steve*

Blonde?

Blonde?

no, black hair. but still a girl...wait, i'd better take that back...don't want amy to close the bar for good. if she even ever comes in here, not sure i've seen her here. *Steve*