Belle Klipsch in Brazillian Rosewood Laquer....

Is it me or the lack of coffee this morning, but those are just not that impressive. Typically the rose wood speakers in any size shape are to die for. Sure they are in great condition and a nice find for anyone looking for nice Belles...but I just don't think they look much nicer then WO. The one top portion of the side is nice, but that is about it.

There is decent lighting in those pix, it should be HARD to take a bad pic of nice wood. Look a the tags they have the SL finish. Perhaps the satin laquor is the issue over an oiled finish. However, IIRC GaryMD's zebras are SL finish and they are to die for.

There is decent lighting in those pix, it should be HARD to take a bad pic of nice wood. Look a the tags they have the SL finish. Perhaps the satin laquor is the issue over an oiled finish. However, IIRC GaryMD's zebras are SL finish and they are to die for.

The angles are all wrong and he is not close enough. I took pics of my Belles not long ago and to make the grain really pop you have to be closer and have a better angle. He didn't even get a good pic from the front....poor poor poor. You can tell the grain is really beautiful but the pics/camera suck. In auctions pics are everything as they can make or break the auction...

It's always best to drag the speakers outside in the shade or near a wide open window. Natural light will always show the details and color of wood grain better than flash. The problems in these photos are that they are overexposed. The flash is trying to show the black grilles as 18 percent gray, resulting in washed out color. There is also bad reflection off the white glossy floor.

Is it me or the lack of coffee this morning, but those are just not that impressive. Typically the rose wood speakers in any size shape are to die for. Sure they are in great condition and a nice find for anyone looking for nice Belles...but I just don't think they look much nicer then WO. The one top portion of the side is nice, but that is about it.

No, it's not just you.

I know the pictures aren't that good, but you can still see the grain of the wood. Not the best veneer choice.

Greg

The guy with the ad needs to take better pics as they do not do them justice. Terrible pics of beautiful speakers.

I believe the poor quality of the photos and poor description is no accident. The seller has not yet responded to my specific questions regarding the veneer. For a pair of well cared for speakers, as he mentions, take a good hard look. There are several chips in the veneer, and the grill cloth description is vague. He offers virtually no description of the veneer, other than what type it is. I do like these speakers, but must admit that they are not that beautiful for brazilian rosewood, mostly just rare.

Everyone that's been here a while, knows how long I've been looking for a pair of these, but these are not the ones. Good luck to whom ever decides to bid, I will pass on these.

the grill cloth looks a little off color... faded.

shots of the label with the serial numbers are the same in both pictures.

you can also see some chips in the finish.

the auction ends the day after the Pilgrimage.... a lot off exposure to die hard Klipsch fans who will attend. Good timing on the sellers part.

The black grill cloth looks gray because of the flash and the volume of dirt/dust inbedded in it. I agree with others that the grain on these is not near as nice as other BRSL's I have seen. The only spot that really looks like BRSL is the small front piece that seperates the front grill work.

i agree i think i would prefer this. [C]

That is what I am talking about. The Brazillians are typically jaw dropping beautiful. Sure the auction is for BRWs but I would not pay a penny more then for nice OO or WO in the same condition. The ones in FunkyHambone's picture I would break the bank for. Very nice!

I agree with others that these photos are no accident. I think he knows what he has and that they are rare. I also think he knows they are not what the BRWs typically look like.

If they are your thing, best of luck! I am sure they still sound great.