My 5th anniversary is on Friday

wuzzzer

My wife said I never get her nice flowers for our anniversaries. I was recently eating one of those Dove chocolate squares that have the little messages inside them. One said "Sometimes a smile is worth more than flowers."

I think Friday I'm going to be smiling from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep. Much cheaper than 2 dozen roses!

Wuzzer,

Congrats on your anniversary. Yeh, go ahead and get the nice flowers.

Conventional wisdom advises don't buy jewelery. You can't afford what she wants anyway.

Your instincts are right on chocolate, too. Dark Chocolate is the healthiest variety.

I haven't washed the Mustang since I got it over a month ago. I'll wash it either today or tomorrow and then take some pics. I have some 'before' pics that I took to show the difference between the old wheels and ride height that I'll post at the same time.

(The tiny avatar pic is one of the 'before' pics that I took)

My congrats to you both on your 5th year also.  If you are going to buy flowers DO NOT buy roses.  They don't last nearly as long and roses have become very common. Irisis' and lillies' and orchids last longer and provide many more smiles! 

Well, yesterday was a lot of fun. Sorry Patrick, I didn't see your advice soon enough and ended up buying 6 yellow and 6 pink roses. I know my wife really likes roses even if they don't last as long as other flowers.

We took the Mustang to the Twin Cities and shopped all day and then we went to the Cheesecake Factory for supper. Excellent food there, and we had an entire huge round table in the corner to ourselves so it felt very intimate even though it was packed.

We're going to go fishing today and probably tomorrow too. It was nice having the past week and a half off of work to just relax and have fun.

• Moderators

I love fishing. I hope you guys catch a few.

Dtel and I used to go fishing every weekend. We never came home "fishless" either. Saltwater fishing is great...we always came home with trout, redfish and or flounder. One spot we fished was called "Aux River". We used artificial lures and would pull up two speckled trout at a time. As soon as you took the fish off and threw back in you would have two more, talk about fun. Fishing for redfish was always my favorite except for the occasional stingray.

Our 1 acre pond is stocked with bass and perch. I might have to go "throw a line" sometime this weekend. I miss saltwater fishing...it was a lot of fun.

No fishing for us! I forgot that my parents still had my fishing equipment from when they went to a cabin a while back. They're out of town this weekend so I wasn't able to get any of it. I called a few friends and it sounds like we're going to re-schedule for tomorrow.