OT: Wonder how many Klipsch nuts also golf?

anarchist

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Arky is a scratch golfer.

Mike

Me too, scratchin' parts of the body when the ball doesn't go where I want it to[:D]

Hell, I can't even break 20

I'm a 2 now...getting worse with age. Lots of good golf in Carolina & Florida. For the last several yrs i've been enjoying desert golf in Vegas & Scottsdale.

We have one of those old Arnold Palmer driving ranges with the giant golf ball on a tee. The closest I get to golf is going there buying some cheap beer and hitting balls with a cheap driver. It is a good way to work out frusterations.

I used to golf a fair bit when I lived in PA (lived in a private resort with unlimited access to two golf course). I then did not even touch a club accept once when me and this one guy at the apartments where I lived when I first moved here to VA went an played a round at one of the local courses. Fast forward some 14 years later, and I decided I want to try to take it up again. Last fall, I went and bought a complete set of brand-new clubs. A decent mid-range set of Adams GTx-2 clubs. They retailed for nearly $1,000, but got them for just a bit over $400 (I love those end-of-season clearance sales!) Not the fanciest things out there, but plenty good enough for my level of ability.

Needless to say, I still suck at the game - a far cry from that other sport that everyone that knows me know that I am a big aficionado for (but at least being a pro in that other sport can be helpful for my golfing as the resort where I ski patrol, I can get free access to the two golf courses they have there). Unfortunatly, the weather as of late has been conspiring against me to get any decent rounds in (if it is not a friggan 100 degrees out or close to it, it is thundering and lightening!). I do need to at least get out there to a driving range and just practice hitting balls.

dtel's playing golf right now....at 10:20 p.m. at night....on the Wii He's been playing till past midnight every night for the last week!!!

I bought a Wii for my son's birthday present. He gets it Sunday and I can't freakin wait!!

I STILL can't seem to find one of those damn things to save my life! Play Station 3's and Xbox 360's as far as the eye can see, but every-friggan-time I go and look for a Wii - big fat, zilch!

• Moderators

Sponge,

You guys are gonna love it. I had know idea how great the Wii was. My grandson wanted one for his B-day and all I could think....great another video game... we have Playstation 2, XBox 360, Game Cube, Game Boy, etc....but this is totally different. I think the adults have enjoyed it as much or more than the grandson.

• Moderators

Try Best Buy. Actually, Steve we went to nine different stores one afternoon looking for this Wii. There were none on the shelf in BB, but we asked anyway and lo and behold they "had some in the back"....brand new in the boxes $249.00...I would recommend purchasing the extended warranty cuz Ninetendo is only giving a ninety day warranty. Thirty bucks with BB gets you a two year warranty....bring it in to the store and walk out with a new one. Don't just look when you go in a store...ask....that's how we got this one.

I get out about once a week from May 1st until the end of September. If we are lucky, we might get out the last two weeks of April, by our Thanksgiving, 2nd Monday in October, it might be 35 or 65 degrees F. My game suffers from playing once a week and not taking a full swing, it is travelling 15 yards less this year. We went out on Thursday, great from 7 am until 10, after that it was the hottest day of the year and the last two holes, I was toast. A couple of years I was better than I am now, but I guress that was practice and playing more often.

As for putting, I fine curling to be an easier game. Once the muscle memory is figured out, the slide out, release, then it is hitting the broom to make the shot. With golf, each hole has a different line. Don't call it right and I miss by a couple of feet. In curling I miss by a couple of inches, if my weight is accurate. It sounds minor, but when I'm skipping, throwing last shot, if I miss by that much I might be getting my butt kicked.

I wish I had taken up both these games before I was 37. I might have been able to do a lot better than I can now, twelve years later.

I used to play daily but turning into a single full time father put a halt to that. I lived on a golf course (Heather Hills) in Winston-Salem off Eggert Ave, 4th fairway Condo.(Good golf in the Carolinas) My game got pretty solid. Then the mental aspects were my drawback. Too conservative or attacked the hole too aggressively. Now a few years later I've developed a better mental game but age is taking it's toll on the swing. My mechanics are still good but the muscles and joints hinder me. I'll hit the Chiropractor a couple times a month to loosen up.

School is starting up for the six year old in a couple of weeks and golf is tops on the agenda. With a bit of luck and steady time on the range and course my game may come back up to a decent level. I hope. I feel lucky to be able to get the opportunity to play again and I'm really looking forward to some outdoor excercise and relaxation.

Harry.

Well, turns out today was my once a year round. I haven't played in a month but my son came into town and we always play when he's here. I shot a 77 (39-38) with two doubles, two bogies and one birdie. He shot an 81 but probably had 10 more putts than I did. He hits the ball 300 in the air and always outdrives me by 50 yards or more. You know what they say, drive for show.........

I'm beat but had a great day!

Way to go, Gary!

I played dreadful today. Shot 82 with 2 doubles and a triple. Shot 78 yesterday with 2 doubles and 2 birdies. It's a funny game, and it comes and goes as it pleases. The key is to be patient and to pick your spots. Unfortunately, I'm not a patient man, and nobody ever mistook me for being too smart. [:D]

Mike

I have been working at this Golf course for 14 years & have never hit a ball...but the Cornwall's get played most ever night. If any of you would like to play a round at the Onion Creek Club, let me know I will get you a tee time.

Cornman

I have been working at this Golf course for 14 years & have never hit a ball...but the Cornwall's get played most ever night. If any of you would like to play a round at the Onion Creek Club, let me know I will get you a tee time.

Cornman

What do you do there, and where is Onion Creek located?

Mike