klipschorns in kansas?? Need to hear them

marlan11

Hear is my story.

You probably saw the khorns on ebay in texas.

I was going to buy them having never heard khorns before.

I got a large loan yesterday lined up a truck went to

work came home and found out the seller ended the auction a day early.

He had 99.9 feedback. I was heart broken, this all happend today.

Now before I attempt to buy again i would like to hear some.

Willing to travel! I really am sick about this.

I had emailed the seller twice and was ready for my final big bid

i already had high bid!!! Anyway I really am sick about it.

I had talked to my wife about these for over two months

khorns that is. I joined this forum to get some help and

had been reading these forums for quite sometime.

Anyway sour grapes I guess. So if anyone wants to show off khorns for me

i'd like to hear them. I was considering cornwall aswell.

Marlan

No, The buy it now went away after I bid on them days ago.

I bid $1,600.00 then $1,800.00 then $2,000.00

buy it now was gone when I bid $1,600.00

I still had a day left. Plus I got the loan yesterday.

You just can't trust anything. I had contacted the seller twice already and got a response.

I kept bidding to stay on top. I wasn't sure how much money I could get

but I got it all yesterday. thanks for writing back

How far are you from Salina, KS? Acoustic Sounds carries the Klipsch Heritage line, and according to AS's Klipsch page, LaScala II's and Heresy III's are in stock. K-horns are not. See http://store.acousticsounds.com/search_results.cfm?field_cat=2&field=artist&searchtext=Klipsch. However, Klipsch is not currently listed in their showroom, so you should call them to see if you can go there to hear the Heritage line.

The LaScala II has a great sound in my opinion, and will give you a good idea of how a K-horn will sound. The difference, in the opinion of some, would be a slightly thinner sound in the K-horn mid-bass but a more extended deep bass -- 33 Hz specified for the K's vs. 53 Hz for the Las. Different crossovers will result in subtly different sound. At least this will give you an idea.

Larry

No, The buy it now went away after I bid on them days ago.

I bid $1,600.00 then $1,800.00 then $2,000.00

buy it now was gone when I bid $1,600.00

I still had a day left. Plus I got the loan yesterday.

You just can't trust anything. I had contacted the seller twice already and got a response.

I kept bidding to stay on top. I wasn't sure how much money I could get

but I got it all yesterday. thanks for writing back

Sorry to hear you lost a shot at some Khorns, but not to worry, there's plenty out there and some will come your way. And you don't need to hear them first, JMHO, their that good and their reputation speaks volumes.

FYI, as soon as an eBay Seller's min. reserve price is met, the Buy It Now option disappears.

I'm in Broken Arrow, OK... if you're ever in Tulsa area, and want to sample some Klipsch Heritage, just contact me with the PM or Email funtion a couple days earlier.

Ciao'

I am sorry to hear that the deal fell through.

My suggestion would be that you might have better success outside of eBay. These cabinets do come up on Craigslist and local classifieds, frequently at very good prices. The trick is that the shipping (money & hassle) turn off most buyers and sellers. Consequently, they will shy away from eBay and try and keep it local. (mine were on consignment at a local stereo shop, they sat there for months)

My prediction: it will happen. They are worth waiting for, unless some Jubilees appear before then.

Good Luck,

-Tom

shipping a pair is not as big a deal as it is costly, i shipped a pair from Pennsylvania to chicago cost 600.00 but was very easily done, just call freighters and craighters, they go right to sellers house, take them out , go to there local warehouse and box them up, and deliver them basically unscathed, insurance was included as well

point being if you have a nice enough paiir at a good price shipping is viable, and fairly easy...........you just have to be willing to let loose of the dough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

• Moderators

I hope that you make it to Acoustic Sounds in Salina, I have been wondering what the showrooms are like there and how they have the Khorns set up. They have a blues fest there every year I have always wanted to go to.

If you end up going there please give us a full run down. I buy a lot of vinyl from them and they have always been great to deal with. Chad has put his money where his mouth is when it come to backing vinyl.

Travis

Hi, everyone. I have calmed down now and I am going to the bank and put some money back. I think i'm going to try cornwall or chorus first. Save some look for a center channel. I really am glad that people are this nice about speakers. I think I am going to drive up to k.c. and take a listen. I might still want khorns again but maybe not.

Thank you everybody. Marlan