Heresy Deal!

lakedmb

Well guys, I was able to score big time recently. I picked up a pair of Heresy's for $150! I already had a pair of Heresy II's, which I picked up for $200 in July. So far haven't done any critical listening to them side-by-side to see if I notice any difference. The wood could use a little bit of work and they didn't come with risers, but for $150 they are a steal!

I'm guessing it is birch, HBR? I'm not that good at remembering what everything means yet.

My girlfriend doesn't think it is a big deal, but doesn't mind them and is happy that I am happy. So, I just wanted to share my excitement with some other people who would appreciate this kind of deal.

• Moderators

That was a good deal ............... one in each corner of the room should ROCK, and I believe a Heresy Home Theatre would sound good too !!!!

That would sound good OB, 5 Heresy's and a sub, would sound as good as setups costing thousands more, and not that hard to do considering their size.

Well, actually the seller tried to sell them in the Garage Sale section for $300 and then $250. I emailed him and said that if he goes down to $150 to let me know and he accepted the offer. He is located in CA and lived about 20 minutes from my dad. So I got in touch with my dad and he went and picked them up, while I was out visiting for Christmas we packed them up and shipped them back home to SC.

The $200 pair I actually found on Craigslist down in Hilton Head. So, like all Klipsch fanatics, I decided to make the short 4.5 hour road trip down there from Greenville, SC.

Right now I have all four hooked up to my Marantz with two SVS 25-31 PCi subs and the center channel in phantom mode, so I guess I have a 4.2 setup, lol. I must say that this setup is ROCKING!!! I have two Cornwall II's hooked up in another room for my 2-Channel listening. I would like to one day combine the systems together into one room and use the Cornwalls as my mains the Heresy's as surrounds and maybe add a single Heresy or Cornwall as the center channel. I do really enjoy having a 2-channel setup right now though.

• 1 month later...

The best bargain I got was the HIII conversion kits. At $277 per speaker I got something new, more dynamic, more efficient and most importantly, better sounding than my H II's.

Since my cabs are flawless, I'll get another 20 years out of them. the guts from my HII's are going into Lilscala's...I found a local guy who will build them if we co promote my media server with the speakers.

Well, actually the seller tried to sell them in the Garage Sale section for $300 and then $250. I emailed him and said that if he goes down to $150 to let me know and he accepted the offer.

Timing is everything--great score!

HBR translates to Heresy Birch Raw, meaning they were purchased in the unfinished birch plywood state.

• 2 weeks later...