Klipsch Spotters

thebes

Did I talk to you and your son at the Pilgrimage last June? I know I spoke to a father and son and that the son went to Valparaiso majoring in music of some kind. I grew up about an hour East of Valpo, a mile off of US 30. (Opposite Donaldson, Ancilla College). A very bright articulate young man if I recall. (I'm terrible with names and faces) I'd be surprised if it was a different father and son. I think I talked to the son a bit about stopping in at the chapel once on a road trip in college on the way to or from Chicago and we were fortunate in that someone started practicing on the organ.

(if you're thinking that whack job.... in my defense, I was up until 4 Friday morning unloading the loft in our garage for the garage sale my wife was having Friday and Saturday morning of the Pilgrimage)

We talked with you some... it was a bit hectic, and you were fine, so no defense is needed. We had a good time.

The organ in the chapel there is really nice. The chapel architecture is a bit modern, but a lot better than some buildings. Abolutely HUGE decay time in that room, which works on some music very well. Strings can get rather mushy...

My union hall in Detroit, Michigan has them. IBEW Local 58.

IBEW stands for International Brotherhood of Elelctrical Workers or I Barely Ever Work as of late.

Oh, and my wife was watching 13 Going On 30 (yes, my wife was watching it and not me) and I saw some RF-7's and a RC-7 in the background.

Last Saturday night, our school musical had our closing night, & the adults all went out for drinks at Joe's Bar & Grill in Lafayette. There was live music in the other room, but when it ended, they played recorded music in the room we were in. I looked up & noticed there were Klipsch at all of the corners. It was too dark too see what model they were, but they had the gold V logo on the front that could not be missed. Looked like some older classic series.

EDIT: After looking online, they looked like they might have been RB-5's

Last week while on business in one of the hospitals I service, I noticed some Klipsch speakers in the Heart O.R. It is amazing how awesome some of these O.R. sound systems are. Nothing better than being able to service a Heart/Lung machine while listening to some music on Klipsch speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff guys, keep'en coming.

This week I travelled to Markham, Virginia for primary purpose of seeing Khorns in the main testing room of Naked Mountain Vineyards.

Here's a pic.

I'm putting up a sligthly more extensive version of my visit in 2 channel as part of my effort to spread the word that Klipsch spotting can be fun.

post-14801-13819367231428_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

These aren't installed yet (duh!), but are going to go into our new academic building at the college where I work. In ceiling speakers tied in to a Crest Audio 8 channel amp. These speakers sound GREAT!

post-7149-13819367272914_thumb.jpg

Well, it isn't a Klipsch, but this is a nice amp. It works as 70V or low impedance (4 or 8 ohms), and sets the amp automagically per channel. 200wpc or so... maybe a little higher. Was about $1200 for the school. You can set a high pass filter (70Hz). They do make a 4 channel amp that could be used to biamp some Jubs. All you would need is the crossover. Maybe this is what Dean needs to get.

post-7149-13819367274424_thumb.jpg

Woke up from a deep sleep dreaming I was surrounded by dozens of pairs of Klipsch speakers and no matter where in my home or garage I ran I could not escape the wonderful sound of booming Rock 'N Roll music through Klipsch speakers. After I woke up completely, I realized that I really was surrounded by dozens of pairs of Klipsch speakers booming wonderful Rock 'N Roll music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...