The rest.....of the story (Palladium!)

Amy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive items to say the least!

I'm interested in the rear firing ports on the monitors and floorstanders? If I understand correctly, isn't bass response "better" when the port is in the front? I remember reading something like this when the RB-75 was created symbolically replacing the RB5's.

As well, isn't their a "fin" that covers up the floorstanders ports?

Looking good!

• Moderators

I'm interested in the rear firing ports on the monitors and floorstanders? If I understand correctly, isn't bass response "better" when the port is in the front? I remember reading something like this when the RB-75 was created symbolically replacing the RB5's.

As well, isn't their a "fin" that covers up the floorstanders ports?

From our product manager:

There is nothing that covers up the ports.
You are looking at the finished back of the speaker exactly as it will look in
production.

There is nothing better about a front
versus a rear port or vice versa. Each have their advantages. Most of the time
it comes down to the style and look and where you can physically fit a port on
the product. In the case of these products, the ports will load off of the
boundary (wall) behind them.

I hope that helps. The "fin" you are thinking of is the boat-tail design found only in the P-39F flagship.

• Moderators

Really fine-looking gear! Has anyone heard these speakers yet, other than the designers and engineers?

No. These models are getting ready to be auditioned and voiced within the next few weeks here in Indy. I'll be sure to give you my complete and un-biased opinion!! [;)]

• Moderators

I put Mr Larry's kind words into my southern backwoods translator and it came out like this...

Very perdy, hope it kicks some of them snooty speakers butts !

It will do very well if they give it a fair comparison, although some will refuse to listen to anything with a horn.

No. These models are getting ready to be auditioned and voiced within the next few weeks here in Indy. I'll be sure to give you my complete and un-biased opinion!! Wink

Amy, some of us (well, at least me) would be interested in what exactly happens when the final "voicing" is performed. What is the role of physical measurements, what is the designer's role, is there a group of listeners making comparative judgements? Is the same music track used repeatedly etc. What all goes on with this? Who all is involved?

Good Luck,

-Tom

Very beautiful. Higher decorator / WAF for those who just don't appreciate the speakers bigger than small refrigerators that make up the Heritage line. Can't wait to hear them. Maybe the new midrange has pushed the envelope even further as to sound quality?

I'm hoping the snooty types who think they don't like horns finally start to listen to find out what they've been missing all these years.

It's by Klipsch. I expect it to blow away the competition. How many Klipsch speakers don't hold their own and in most cases blow away everything else in the same price range? Very few, if any, aren't at the top of the list when it comes to sound quality for the money.

Palladium set...EXCCCCELLLLENT !

The sub...looks like it may use drivers similar(not similar) to the RT-12d sub. [;)] The question is...how deep will it dig,traditional Klipsch optimisation ,solid down to 25Hz. Or has Klipsch pushed for 18Hz tune(loading the PR's more).

12, 13" or is it 15" drivers/PR's ?

Hmm

Great looking speakers.