XTI 1000....My Turn to Stir The Pot!!!

SWL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi JC

I agree, if the XTi sounds bad driving your system, then by all means get rid of it or use it to drive your subwoofer. After reading your comments to SWL on your experiance in listening, I can completly understand your dislike. Room treatment would not be the answer. In my own case, I find the XTi with the RF-7s to be less than optimal, where it works much better IME driving the Cornwalls. I love my music server too, rarely use the CD player anymore.

I have found out first hand that room treatments really do help........key word being help........they don't produce miracles but they can be used to assist in correcting what needs attention.........ie. HF's in an XTI-RF-7 combination.......which is what I use.

After hearing the Cornwall's with the XTI last weekend, I'd like to get my 7's over there and do a side-by-side comparison.

JB........What did you find to be "less than optimal" with the XTI-RF-7?

SWL - Which Eastern Electric??? This one: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/eelectric4/m156.html? If so...cool. Really new amp; the US distributor, Morningstar Audio, doesn't even have it listed on the website. I didn't think anyone in the US outside of the dist. had one yet.

They were 150 watt mono-blocks on loan from Bob O'Connel himself (Morningstar Audio). I'll check it out and find which ones they were.

Kev..........You have an e-mail.

In all the years I have been around I have never heard any bad reviews or tests of Crown products.

JJK

Well. Duke Spinner Boy thinks if you have a Crown D150, you should throw it in the scrap heap. - I'd probably put it on E-bay and sell it to some SS fool!

Being an SS power amp fool as you suggest, (with tube fronts) as usual, I agree with the Duke of Pro. .........D150?.....Don't sell it, ......Don't give it away,......Throw it away.......Almost as good as a Dyna ST120, but works better if you need your LR furniture sanded.......[N]

tc

Being an SS power amp fool as you suggest, (with tube fronts) as usual, I agree with the Duke of Pro. .........D150?.....Don't sell it, ......Don't give it away,......Throw it away.......Almost as good as a Dyna ST120, but works better if you need your LR furniture sanded.......No

tc

What possible sense does this make?

If you want to be an obstinate fool; fine, but your post is ridiculous!

If you had an amp like this, you'd sell it and pocket the money - and anyone that believes otherwise is kidding themselves!

Uuuhhh ...

thassa D-150 ..there ...CupCake ..

not known to offer much for the money, at 75/WPC ...

Oh yeah - I edited my post - Is that a D150A or just a D150 ? - And do you put the Crown DC300's in the scrap heap also?

DC300 were a step above......a baby step..... Much more power, but close to the same sound quality IMHO, and that would be COLD and lifeless.

I speak only of the first generation, not the "A" series and have not listened to second generation Crown other than in Hope. They sounded pretty great into Jubs. Please understand, after running two DC300's and one D150, into two Cornerhorns and four LaS, I got a good feel for Crown and my clip blown K77's. I never looked back to Crown. Today, they might be wounderful, but not in the day....... (quad baby quad[;)])

tc

Being an SS power amp fool as you suggest, (with tube fronts) as usual, I agree with the Duke of Pro. .........D150?.....Don't sell it, ......Don't give it away,......Throw it away.......Almost as good as a Dyna ST120, but works better if you need your LR furniture sanded.......No

tc

If you had an amp like this, you'd sell it and pocket the money - and anyone that believes otherwise is kidding themselves!

Edit:tc

The ridiculous, "don't give it away, throw it away" was a quote from Paul W Klipsch. His ethical approach was not to unload a POS to another, you POS.

Edit:tc

terry_cruse@foundationspecialties.com

Regards,

tc

tc

Obstinate, yes. Fool? Lick me bi$ch!

The ridiculous, "don't give it away, throw it away" was a quote from Paul W Klipsch. His ethical approach was not to unload a POS to another, you POS.

Want to play? Do it in private. Lets show some class and not your a$$.

Regards,

tc

Regards,

tc

OOOOOhhh! - Some folks are a little red around the neck here - Guess that's to be expected from Arkansas.[N]

Know I'm slow but, reading posts on the XTI series(?) which 1's are ownable, for a not totally discriminating listener? A little power noise is 1 thing but can it do what the specs read like? Would like to power near there if possible with say a 2 channel.

Regards,

tc

OOOOOhhh! - Some folks are a little red around the neck here - Guess that's to be expected from Arkansas.No

Too funny. I just knew that you couldn't keep it private. I will stoop once more......Redneck / Yankabilly = the same thing

Why not offend an entire state. Thought your prob was with me.

Got the sack? 479-456-2340

[:D] tc