T-shirt Contest!

Amy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amy,

I don't think I'll e-mail this, because it's not an original entry. It is a very cool idea to have an original design for the pilgrimage. One thought would be for a front and back design. One design is the original event design and the other side a classic logo.

post-11993-13819373290052_thumb.jpg

So, is anyone going to email me anything? We've had one entry so far. Sad

A collage artist friend is doing a portrait of PWK I was going to submit but surgery is going to delay him a good couple weeks. He was hoping to have it finished by the end of the month. I saw it the other day and it is coming together nicely. They art looks better in person as it has a 3d quality that is hard to explain even scans don't look as cool. It is hard to believe it is all made from little scraps of wrapping paper. His work is in the homes of many celebrities and usually sells in L.A. even though his base is in Little Rock. His style is what I call psychedelic folk art.

Here are a couple samples.

Cab Calloway

Cabsmall.jpg

David Byrne

Byrne-small.jpg

The artist also does these interesting Mandalas.

VertigoTest1.jpg

I've always liked that one too, Dee.

Seti--those are very cool!

I'll post when he gets it finished. He is very talented went to CalArts and work in the special effects industry for many years on movies I grew up with like Star Wars (original), Ghost Busters, Poltergeist, Titanic, Tron, and thats just to name a couple big ones. He moved to little rock to get away from the hectic LA lifestyle and work on his art instead of other peoples.

Perhaps an extension of the deadline would help get more examples.

• Moderators

Perhaps an extension of the deadline would help get more examples.

I want to make sure we can get them in before the Pilgrimage. If we do not need to recreate or reformat the artwork (I believe we use vector files with our vendor), we'll have a lot more time to put the shirts together... We can probably go until mid-May.

Thanks!