OT: Iron Man

I'm looking forward to this one. Robert Downey is probably one of the greatest actors of my generation. It is too bad he had to go to the lengths he did to figure out that Heroin and Coke are idiotic habits. I'm glad he turned it around instead of ending up dead.

The movie was "okay." Not nearly as good as X-men. It took too long to develop. By the time Stark figures out who he really should be, I've been thinking for at least a half an hour "How long is this movie going to be? 3 hours?"

Also, his obnoxiousness is cute and entertaining for the first ten minutes; after that, it's like being the only sober person among a bunch of drunks having a great time amusing themselves.

The plot finally thickens and matures in the last 45 minutes to half an hour. If it wasn't for that, it would have been a flop.

Two stars.

Saw this movie last night and really enjoyed it. I thought it was very entertaining throughout. [Y][Y] For those who have not yet seen it; you'll want to stay until the credits finish rolling. There's a short blip at the very end...

I liked it. One of the more entertaining super hero movies.

I grew up reading comic books( I still have thousands) and it is always interesting to see how the movies compare to the comics.

I think the first Superman movie with Christoper Reeve is the only super hero movie that I have seen that stayed really close to the comic book. First Spiderman also.

Batman Begins was very entertaining but was totaly wrong for his orgin.

We saw it as a family and LOVED it. Robert downey, Jr did an excellent job and a credible job of acting. I was expecting far less and a wooden character.

I did not read the comic, so I have no idea if it was faithful to the original story.

I grew up reading comic books( I still have thousands) and it is always interesting to see how the movies compare to the comics.

I think the first Superman movie with Christoper Reeve is the only super hero movie that I have seen that stayed really close to the comic book. First Spiderman also.

Fantastic Four, the first one especially, was pretty true to the comic, and was a good movie, as well.

Ditto for Transformers too.

If I hadn't picked up the dvd of the Transformers for $2, I doubt I would have liked it as much. Of course... if I must add in the cost to fly to China, the cost is higher.

If I remember right in the comics Tony Stark was captured by the Chinese communist instead of terrorist. But how he made the first Iron Man armor was very close to the comic. The movie also did a very good job of making the Iron Man suit technology realistic.

Fantastic Four, the first one especially, was pretty true to the comic.

Kind of. I thought the movie portrayed the Fantastic Four, Reed, Sue, Ben, and Johnny very true to the comics. But they changed the orgin around a bit. Doctor Doom does not have powers because he never went with the FF to space and the FF did not go to a space station they were on a rocket which they Borrowed.

The only time Doom had any powers is when he would steal someone else's powers(like the Silver Surfer's) which he did in the comics. In the comics Doctor Doom created his own mechanical suit similar to Iron Man's. He also has some knowledge of the occult and witchcraft.

I like the FF movie but when I go to a super hero movie I have to remember it is Hollywoods/Director/screenwriter's version of the comic and will not be exactly like the comic. I supose it's like when a book it made into the movie they cannot make the movie exactly the same as the book.

It is extremly hard to adapt a super hero comic exactly to the movies. The director and screen writer have to change things so the movie will be entertaining for most people and not just comic book readers. Most of these comics were written in the 1960's and are still being published so they have to update the orgin to more modern times like using a space shuttle and a space staion and giving Doom powers also.

For example if they made the Wolverine movie that is coming out next year true to the comic it would be one of the bloodiest, goriest movies ever! The Xmen movies have tamed Wolverine down so they would not get a R rating.