So again......my thinking was the KPT-684, KPT-MB-XII and K402 would be a modern day KP600 (w/o going 5 way).

Thus my interest in this thread wanting to know how the SW and Dual 15" performed.

Have I geeked everyone out yet?

[8-|]

jc

DeanG was here at 4 pm on Thursday and Mike Hurd just left around 1 Wednesday. Do we get an award for having a WEEKLONG Pilgrimage going here at the House of Klipsch? Thanks for all the visits and great times this past week!

(We even had official Klipsch signage thanks to Amy, did anyone get a shot of that?)

I'm BEAT, luckily only 10 friends coming over tonight... I'm not alone anymore, am I?

yer buddy,

Michael

• Like 1

BTW: Michael Hurd arrived safe-and-sound at our house here in the Detroit Downriver area last evening around 5:30 pm. He said he'd hit some very heavy rain on I-94 and could barely see a couple of times even with his car's wipers on "High"! He mentioned that the car seemed to hydroplane on the standing water a couple of times, too. But when a Michigan State Trooper passed him by doing 85 MPH, he figured, "Why not follow?" LOL Needless to say, Michael made excellent time getting here. We went to dinner and had bar burgers over at Dunleavy's Pub. I like to tell folks that we're within "staggering-distance" of the place. I should know! LOL BTW: We actually got to bed BEFORE midnight last night! Imagine THAT!

I think Micheal and Verna will be touring the Detroit Zoo today while I'm stuck here at the office. He plans to take us up on our offer and follow us up to Houghton Lake in central Lower Michigan on Saturday. He'll spend a couple more days with us up there at the cottage we rent before heading all the way home to Nippigon, Ont. It'll be great to have Michael there, have a few cold ones and enjoy the bonfire on the beach each night. Unfortunately for us, the cottage is a Klipsch-free environment. Hmmm.....we're gonna have to do something about that! LOL -Glenn

WOW, HOK looks like it was the place to be on Friday afternoon, I knew we had a lot of visitors but looking at the drive like that.....WOW That photo is a reminder of how good the lawn looked and how PERFECT the weather was this weekend (except for the Sat. shower) Thanks for the photo Picky. Got any more?

I was hoping (for you) that Michael Hurd would be a bit worn out upon arrival. The 'kids' were up unitl 2-4 am a lot of nights this week, it's just not my schedule but I'm back to normal now (whatever that is). His car sure was full with the Academy he's taking up to a Forum member in Canada, all those drivers, and the Mini-Beast.

We got a lot done over the weekend, more than anyone anticipated.

• Like 1

We even had official Klipsch signage thanks to Amy, did anyone get a shot of that?

I sure did!....

Forgot to mention, when I got up from my 3-hour crash on the couch in the House of Klipsch, some guy pulled up in a truck and wanted to know if there was some kind of sale on Klipsch speakers there because of the signs. I told him it was just a bunch of Klipsch fanatics ready to party.

WOW, HOK looks like it was the place to be on Friday afternoon, I knew we had a lot of visitors but looking at the drive like that.....WOW That photo is a reminder of how good the lawn looked and how PERFECT the weather was this weekend (except for the Sat. shower) Thanks for the photo Picky. Got any more?

Sure, I've got lots more photos, Michael: How about 8 pages of them?

Here are two pages of Colter's HOK photos I took. And here are six pages of Pilgrimage photos I shot: LINKY

I can usually hang with folks pretty well at night, unless I have to work the next day. The alarm comes pretty early on weekdays at 5:05 am. But my normal sack time is usually around 11:30 pm. At the lake, my son Bill and I usually sit out at the bonfire on the beach until about 1 am or so each night. Yet, I'm still an early riser; usually between 6:30 and 7:30 am.

Verna just called me and said she and Michael are going to Greenfield Village this afternoon and may try the Detroit Zoo out tomorrow instead. Greenfield Village is part of the Henry Ford complex in Dearborn and it is set up sort of like Historic Williamsburg in Virginia but not on such grand a scale. Only instead of just colonial-era buildings, Ford moved and resurrected buildings of all periods. Some of these includes the Wright Brothers' orignal bicycle shop from Ohio where they lived and built the first Wright Flyer aircraft tested at Kitty Hawk and Thomas Edison's Menlo Park (New Jersey) Laboratory where the first light bulb was illuminated and also several of Edison's workshops, factories and a steam-driven power plant Edison had built and used. You can even tour the village by riding around in a Model T or riding a steam train. The village, togther with the Henry Ford Mueseum, is a facinating place that has become Michigan's greatest tourist attraction. The mueseum also has an IMAX theater. It's all just 6 minutes from our house!

You mentioned Verna's wonderful smile: That smile of hers has breathed life into me for 37 years now. I would not be able to live without seeing it or hearing her laugh each and every day! We've had a real hoot with you this year Michael between your house and ours. Let's do it again next year! -Glenn

Another shot of your "parking lot" on Friday afternoon....

post-10177-1381938137081_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819392783826_thumb.jpg

Finally getting the House of Klipsch back in order after a long week.

The 1972 KBWO Khorns had been removed from the gallery to take to Klipsch for some network testing, as well as Academy and KLF-C7 speakers and several aftermarket networks. At the last minute that program was scrubbed in favor of using the Palladium speakers for samples for the network workshop. So several evenings and Saturdays of volunteer work and testing went completely unused for the Pilgrimage (maybe I can still get the numbers from Trey). It was about time I got the Klipschorns properly oiled, sealed into corners, and setup correctly again. It's a lot of work moving speakers back and forth, I wish we could have used those efforts at Pilgrimage....oh well.

Recently I'd been using the House of Klipsch inventory for testing for customers, loaning back to the company, and comparisons. I guess I don't have to worry with that anymore so a lot of this stuff can just be sold off as it makes no sense to keep this marvelous collection intact. Look for a lot more sale pieces being listed individually in the Garage Sale in the near future.

I think I'll keep the pro gear, one pair of each Heritage cabinet design, and the forte II's. End of an era. It was fun.

yer buddy,

Michael

• Like 1

Hey Michael,

Don't do anything you will be sorry for like selling some special Klipsch speakers. This being said you do have a lot of boxes that may be taking up more space than you can afford. I have a hard time letting go of anything that is of emotional value. I have to admit.

As far as the Xover work. Sorry you spent time on that since I didn't use it. I didn't realize that much had been done.

Keep Thumpin' at the House of Klipsch!

Michael,

You were such a great host for the "gang" last week. I know we all had a great time hanging out with you at the HOK.

As far as an a end of an era, well that just means the beginning of another, and it can be just as fun. Besides, you may get rid of a few speakers, but you will aways have your friends.

David

Michael,

You were such a great host for the "gang" last week. I know we all had a great time hanging out with you at the HOK.

As far as an a end of an era, well that just means the beginning of another, and it can be just as fun. Besides, you may get rid of a few speakers, but you will aways have your friends.

David

Yes, Michael, thank you for letting me crash on your couch. I wish I could have come back on Sunday, but I had to leave early to get back to Detoit on time to get my daughter from the airport. She was coming back from a one month study abroad trip to Greece and Turkey. Also my whole family was there to celebrate my birthday and Father's day a week late (since I had to photograph an NYC wedding on the real one). Hope to catch all the HOK fun next time with the rest of the Klipsch sound addicts.

Dang Michael,

As much as I enjoyed Professor Thump's crossover demonstration, lessons, with the Palladiums it's sad that so much work was scrapped that also would've been equally fascinating. I suppose it's more dramatic to show how much a simple change can affect the sound of the "latest and greatest".

Yeah man, just don't sell off the stuff you'll regret selling. Sense or no, marvelous collections of things are way cool. But you'll still have the pro gear and a pair of each Heritage cabinet design, um, that's still a pretty marvelous collection dude.

I wouldn't say it's the end of an era, maybe it's just scaled back a bit?

Keep on rorcking.

Michael, Where can I find some background info on your collection. I'm sure there is an intersting story or thread behind it. I'm really curious as to your plans for the Pro Gear and where you acquired it from. That is definately an impressive collection of stuff you have.

There's a thread on every road trip I've done and I've acquired probably 95% of my collection by personal travel. That's how I got to meet so many fascinating Klipsch lovers. In the long view, the people have been more important in my life than the speakers....

Nearly all 100+ Klipsch speakers have been acquired during my 4 years in this Indianapolis home. It's a sickness..

• Like 1