Why do many people never log on, or sign up ?

There are 456 guest(s) online.
There are 35 member(s) online

I have been here for years, and always amazed at times just how many people lurk (Guests) on here? Or people that lurk for MONTHS then fianlly show up posting too. It is OK, we do not bite, realx..... your all welcome!

Part of the reason for sharing this crazy hobby is to share it with others! Look at the pic here to get an idea what I mean too in my HT! Besides, you might make this place a lot more fun too!

BTW, I can remember years not so long ago, if we had 25 people looking and 5 members it was a busy day too! hahahahahahaha

Interesting observation. I suppose it's because there is so much useful knowlege base stuff available without being a registered member. For quite a few folks, this meets there need, I think.

I lurked for several weeks without joining or logging on.

Ditto what IndyKlipshFan says as a word of welcome to all guests.

A similar comment: Over 40 people attended my classical music sessions, and yet only a few mainstays posted comments even though several others said they liked or appreciated their session. And, I didn't recall having ever met most of the people there.

I would have liked more feedback, and Klipsch probably would'a, too. However, my point (I'm really not complaining) is that the new folks tended not to post comments afterward.

Perhaps that reinforces one of my points during the sessions:

• "Classical seems to be intimidating to those who haven’t gained confidence in talking about it or seeking it out. It's sometimes hard to start a conversation in it and keep it going."

• Moderators

Was lurking just a minute ago, you made me feel bad so I signed on. [8-|]

I have to say I lurked for months before I signed up, you read about all the great systems people have here on the forum and feel intimated, I did.

But today I am much better off because of the forum and it's people, so if your reading this, sign up, everyone has to start somewhere. The people on this forum has saved me a lot of money and guided me in the right direction, so just go ahead and sign up and ask some questions or give Indy a hard time it's OK ! [;)]

Interesting observation. I suppose it's because there is so much useful knowlege base stuff available without being a registered member. For quite a few folks, this meets there need, I think.

I lurked for several weeks without joining or logging on.

Ditto what IndyKlipshFan says as a word of welcome to all guests.

It's where to go when you need your daily dose of non-political politics! [;)]

This forum does offer great information as well as humor and insight. It provides insperation to those of us whom like to tinker and a great place to share projects including ideas, success stories and praise to others for a job well done. The two biggest reasons I would see for not logging on is the freedom to search without logging on and the ability to enjoy the forum and not participate if you feel you have nothing to add.

I have been discouraged myself from participating on several occcasions. Where I certainly would not put down anybodies topic, I am frequently amazed at some of the topics that carry on and on while others go unanswered on this forum. With the amount of knowledgeble people on this forum, when someones post looking for advise goes unanswered it supprises me. I wish that I knew as much as some of the forum members have forgotten, but that is just not the case. And yes, some of my posts have gone unanswered, and on others I have received excellent advise. I am also fortunate that I have others great sources of advise available to me, but none that carry the level of Klipsch expertise that is found here.

All in all, a great forum, and one that I will log into now, whenever I visit.

VNZBD

Welcome to the nuthouse!! hahahahahahaha

BTW, we (Forum members) must be doing something right in here too!!

users have contributed to
threads and
posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have
new thread(s),
new post(s), and
new user(s).

This forum does offer great information as well as humor and insight. It provides insperation to those of us whom like to tinker and a great place to share projects including ideas, success stories and praise to others for a job well done. The two biggest reasons I would see for not logging on is the freedom to search without logging on and the ability to enjoy the forum and not participate if you feel you have nothing to add.

I have been discouraged myself from participating on several occcasions. Where I certainly would not put down anybodies topic, I am frequently amazed at some of the topics that carry on and on while others go unanswered on this forum. With the amount of knowledgeble people on this forum, when someones post looking for advise goes unanswered it supprises me. I wish that I knew as much as some of the forum members have forgotten, but that is just not the case. And yes, some of my posts have gone unanswered, and on others I have received excellent advise. I am also fortunate that I have others great sources of advise available to me, but none that carry the level of Klipsch expertise that is found here.

Sorry about the non-responses. It is strictly voluntary and this is self-sufficient in that it does not require any company resources to instantly respond to questions. Feel free to 'bump' your unanswered questions back to the top of the list for another try, when things fall off the front page they sometimes get forgotten.

If you need a direct answer from Klipsch Technical Support or Parts, call 1-800-554-7724.

Welcome to the Madness

M

Naw it is all good in here. I think some newbies ask a question without giving too much info up front then go away?

Some questions are pretty crazy... Or seem self fulfilling.....

As an example....

I just bought a pair of brand new XYZ speakers, (EVEN BEFORE THEY ARRIVE) what do I need to change them? Rather than what do I look for when they arrive, and or what might need to be changed? Maybe it is my perception... But you do not get a luxury car most of the time and immediately take it someplace else to change what the factory set up to do something else to it..without test driving it a while and enjoying it? Or maybe you do?

There is a whole generation of people growing up in this hobby that immediately want to tinker without understanding or appreciating what they have to begin with! I used to know some things about cars when I was younger. I have no idea what to do to them today, besides normal simple maintinence issues. (Although some of you might be surprised.. I am not that innnept. hehehehehehe)

I have been discouraged myself from participating on several occcasions. Where I certainly would not put down anybodies topic, I am frequently amazed at some of the topics that carry on and on while others go unanswered on this forum. With the amount of knowledgeble people on this forum, when someones post looking for advise goes unanswered it supprises me. I wish that I knew as much as some of the forum members have forgotten, but that is just not the case. And yes, some of my posts have gone unanswered, and on others I have received excellent advise. I am also fortunate that I have others great sources of advise available to me, but none that carry the level of Klipsch expertise that is found here.

Yup....nuts nuts nuts.......what other group brings themselves to the brink of divorce over a gigantic pair of horns, smack dab in the middle of the living room or a 36" tv surrounded by 7 LaScala's.............Were Crazzzzyyyyyy!!!!

Welcome to the madness!

One of my sources of sources of advise/info is the Klipsch tech support. I have talked with Steve on several ocasions, most recently as yesterday. His knowledge, patience, and insight has always been dead on for me. On one occasion I also talked with Michael. After reading many posts by him on this forum, and then having him answer the phone, I may have been a little star struck. Of course, he was of great help.

Another source I use for help as well as supplies is South Fl Speaker Repair. A local smaller shop that does only speaker repair and consignment. They are always willing to talk speakers and if they can't help or do not have the part, they are quick to point you in another direction such as parts express.

I do see that the vast majority of posts are answered and that a great service is offered, all on a voluntary basis.

More companies should have forums like this one, that are open for topic, assitance, praise or.........

Thanks for your feedback

Wicked!

Now who you jivin with that cosmik debris?

Don't you know, you could make more money as a butcher so don't you waste your time on me.......

Zappa was such an inspiration.....I would log in anytime to retort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need to log on even lurk because: "I'VE GOT THE CRYSTAL BALL"