New Camaro release

HarryO

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The camaro looks a bit like a dodge from the side too. Reminds me of when Japanese cars started using Mercedes styling cues and then Mercedes using Japanese styling cues a few years ago so that you had to see the grill or read the label while on the road to know which was which. But a new car is a new car, always new smelling and exciting. Then again old vw bugs have that gasoline and old oil/dirt or something smell. We are addicted to cars and why not. We live in a large country and they are faster than horses.

While sharp in design and concept, they look cheap and plasticky! Just more junk peddled from GM that will not even last 5 years and have the reliability of a Yugo. My old BMW M5 will still eat them up and spit them out like hillbilly with a can of skoal.

Still have to wait a year for the Camaro but this just rolled out today

All good things come to those who wait SunB[;)]

I know this is going to kill OB but I gave up on the Vette after '65[:$] My last Camaro was a '71 and I do like the look of the new one but American car manufacturers had to go and forgo quality over the bottom line years ago and today's economy has just about pushed them into the river[:(]

M5's are very nice but not toss-able enough for me just sit me behind the wheel of a M3 light and I'll do the rest[li]

Thanks for the link. I think GM did a good job recovering some retro lines. Haven't acquired a taste for the front end, but the rear lines resemble the vintage camaro body to call to mind some fond memories.

On balance, I think Ford did a better job recovering the vintage Mustang lines. The mustang that's been out for the last few years is a fabulous looking car.

Years ago, I was much more of a Camaro fan than a Mustang fan. In the early 80's I thought the Firebird front end was more appealing than Camaro.

Now this looks like a muscle car. mmmmmh

post-11993-1381939365975_thumb.jpg

Selected recent models of Mustangs, Chargers, Camaros and Corvettes with their big V-8s will be the best cars to keep for collecting IMO. The BMW 5 series is like floral wall paper in comparision. There is just no way they will be producing these big V-8 420-500+ HP engines in the near future. I am not the type of person who could buy one and not totally enjoy it, but I know in 30 years these will be racking in the big bucks in the Barret Jackson Auctions as we are all driving an electric go carts around that were made in North Korea.

Floral wall paper that will paper the rest. Yes, M5's will be driven, not collected. You have to ask yourself one question: are you a driver or just a collector? something something, punk?

Furthermore, if these thing all become obsolete, just how collectible will that v8 be? How collectible are the carriages that used horses today? For a few maybe, but who really wants one?

As to the Camaro, you'd think they never saw a Mustang before. Tongue Tied The Vette, as usual, looks like a Vette. When will they actually come up with something novel? If not novel, at least different.

I don't know about you Jeff but I find an American production car with a top speed of 205mph a bit novel .

Completely useless like all other supercars on public roads but novel nontheless .

The CORVETTE is King ................... the Camaro's are nice, I like the Firebird better ................ but when you get right down in the mud, The Mustang is more intune with the buyer, just price tag alone ............ that hurt the G.T.O., priced too high ....... if your going to spend Big Dollars on American Muscle, Corvette is the only choice ..........

That camaro is nice. However, I was looking at the big boy Dodge Challenger and I think I would take the Challenger over the Camaro. I saw a black one at the dealer with the 6.1 HEMI, and it sure was a sweet looking ride. Too bad it already had a sold sign in the window. [:o]

Waaaay back in 1993, I bought myself a brand spanking new patriot red Z28 for $19K. It was the first of the new generation with the LT1 and $19K was a great price! It was my daily driver and fun machine at "Test and Tune" night at the local dragstrip. I raced it for a few years and eventually made a few minor modifications that got me to 13.5's at 105mph in the quarter mile. My point being, it was a great car that never failed me. 15 years later, I still have it as my second car (Honda gets better mileage). It needs a new paint job, headliner and could use a tune up but it still runs like a tamed monster. There's was nothing even close to comparable for $19K (and still isn't). I can only assume they're making them as good as they made 'em in 1993. If I had the money, I'd buy the new one in a blink of an eye. What an awsome looking car! I just hope the gas crunch doesn't kill 'em off.