New webpage for my speaker restorations

greg928gts

Guest srobak

Wow..... *applauds* That is some stunning work... and the photography aint too shabby either. Gorgeous colors and some very precise work. AMY HIRE THIS GUY. He is a one-man Klipsch factory (and JBL). :)

Greg,

You are, without a doubt, THE MAN when it comes to impeccable veneer restoration/recreation. Your attention to detail is as fine as I've seen. I would love to visit when you're on a project (maybe I could apprentice! Hey, you oughta do hands-on seminars/workshops!). Oh, and I am extremely jealous of your space/workshop. You keep it very tidy! Can we see a tour of your shop, please?

Oh, and your prices are a bargain. You could easily charge way more. You must enjoy what you're doing!

Thanks guys.

srobak - Work for Klipsch? I thought about it when I was a teenager, just never made it down to see the man. I don't think they could pay me enough now, I'm too spoiled.

Greg - I love my shop, I wish I could work there full time. It's 75 years old on the outside, but brand new on the inside. I'd live there if I wasn't married. Anyone is welcome at the Monster Garage anytime. You can see if you survive the MCM system, and there's always surprises hidden away in other rooms. www.dcchomes.com/MG.html So you think I could charge more huh? Problem is, too much more and people can just buy brand new Khorns.

I put an auction up on ebay today for the restoration of a pair of Khorns. I'm looking for another project to do. A money making project that is!

Greg

Guest srobak

At the prices heritage and the palladium's are going for - they might be able to :) hehehe. Either way - stellar work, mang! And no offense to Klipsch, but "brand new" never looked nearly that good. Seriously.

MCM system? Do tell...

Guest srobak

Dude... that shop is INSANE... gorgeous everywhere. You do awesome work all around - if you want it done right, do it yourself, right? How a real shop should be - stacks and all! I did find this wall o klipsch a little interesting :)

Posted Image

Dude... that shop is INSANE... gorgeous everywhere. You do awesome work all around - if you want it done right, do it yourself, right? How a real shop should be - stacks and all! I did find this wall o klipsch a little interesting :)

The La Scalas are just stored up there. MCM's make a good little shop system [:)]

Still got a lot of work to do on the shop. I need to get my dust collector working, need new windows at some point, going to add a room on sometime, etc... it never ends.

Greg

post-11090-1381940005636_thumb.jpg

post-11090-13819410210618_thumb.jpg

I have built four sets. This set is Walnut. It is a fun hobby. If deside to build some and need some help. Let me know.

I may do that someday. Which plans are you using?

Are you selling them? If so, how much are you getting for them? Where do you get the components?

Greg

When Greg says you can take up his offer to visit his shop, he's telling the truth, as he always does. I live about 10 minutes away and have visited him three times this year and more on the way. He is as good of a guy as his work shows. I can also tell you that he refirbushed his shop with the same maticulous detail he puts in to his speaker restorations.

If you dig Klipsch you owe it to yourself to bookmark his restoration webpage.