Colter's Shop of Klipsch

colterphoto1

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very neat shop Tom! I like the shady location and the old pump jack!

Ahhh, nothing like getting organized [:D]. I couldn't take it anymore having tools strewn around a fold-out conference table, so took a little tool box out to the shop today. Also made up two KP201 (Heresy) stands out of scrap OSB and 2x4- I made up sturdy shelves at 28" down from ceiling height and just to the side of the single bay door- this way the little KP201's are up out of the way and give pretty even distribution of sound to the shop area. They can also serve as 'rear surrounds' for if I choose to put a small theater in there (an easy possibility). Dang, it sure is LIVE in there, after turning off the receiver, the music bounces around for quite a while. At least it makes my 'singing' more palatable! LOL

Got most of the rest of the ceiling drywall screwed off today. Tomorrow I'll locate all the lighting fixtures and pull wires through, then it'll be time to insulate the attic space. Gotta make SURE all the wiring is where I want it first though. Probably will load the attic with 12" of blown-in cellulose. Trying to get the ceiling work done prior to 'move in', after which I'll have about 2 tons of speakers to move around if I want to get to any sizeable ceiling area.

Greg sketched me a heating diagram which I think I can follow, so it'l be time to get the heater, pressure tank, pump, and other hardware and get that all assembled. The way Greg makes up the manifold 'boards' is very similar to the artsy layout some of you guys use when designing crossover networks, so I have something to live up to there. [8-|] Thanks mang!

Lastly will be wall insulation, fibreglass batts, so I can get inside if need be and make wiring changes. Ok, then some shelving, building the office space, and more drywall. Is there no end to this project? [:S]

I was really hoping for some more dry warm weather, [H] but with rain last night and today and cold front moving in, [st][um] I may be out of luck for finishing my excavation work for the driveways. It would be sure nice to at least get the drive in gravel and get rid of these piles of materials. I also have to get a small dumpster to get rid of some culvert pipe, old window wells, shrubbery root balls, and some old footing materials. I'll bury most of the unusable limestone under the drive in order to lessen the amount of debris hauled off and to recover more valuable topsoil. [ip]

I got behind on pain meds today and am pretty wiped out, nighty night! [|-)]

M

No sooner do I make plans than they change. Phone rang at 6:55 this am- brother Steve is loading up the John Deere front loader to come over. Update- we're unloading and scheduling the dumpster when Steve notices that the ground is FROZEN! arrrgggh.

Guess we'll go out for some biscuits and gravy and wait for the thaw, eh?

Where's the tv set to watch Orange County Choppers?

JJK

Well....you can't exactly see it, but in the left side photo there's a ladder (temporarily) on the back wall. Just above that and in the center is an outlet that has my cabling for a flat screen TV and I've added an outlet just in case I wanna put a sub on a shelf.

Which reminds me that in the attic I've got a dedicated 20amp outlet. What for you might ask??? Oh.....that would be for that day when I got nothing else to do and decide the workshop needs an IB sub. [:o]

Thanks for the kind words folks.

Tom

And you know your just one of many HUNDRED this weekend to get one too...

It is holiday traffic time.. Seatbelts and Speed matter..

Gotta feed the quotas ..LOL...

These kinda tks are the worst, because you obviously did it to yourself... And I know you too... I am sure your pissed as all get out..

At least your alive.

PS Be sure to pay it too....LOL

That B&G cost us $50- two seat belt violations one mile from home AngrySuper Angry

Sorry to hear about the bummer day...............I didn't realize Indana finally started making Truck occupants wear Seat Belts also.............

Wow............

2 1/2 years ago according to the nice occifer

At least we made a nice mudhole of the back yard using the John Deere- the small bucket size (compared to Bobcat) meant about 3x as many trips with fill gravel. But we did manage to get the main drive excavated and filled.

Tomorrow we'll finish the other small door pad, put all those shrubs, scrap shingles, siding cutoffs, and footers in the dumpster. That should be the end of outdoor work for the winter.

Then I'll have to go finish shopping for the laundry list of plumbing supplies that Greg sent me. Got a $50 Project Card from Lowes so guess I'll buy the water heater from them. Some questions still on valves and manifold parts, but I did find the 007 pump and gauge set today ok.

M

Moved mountains today.

Pile o #58 gravel- GONE

Pile o flume sand - GONE

Rubble from excavation, limestone chunks, culvert pipe, old footings - GONE

Two piles of old shrubbery and root balls- GONE

Drywall and siding cutoffs and scrap- GONE

Pile of shredded tree trimmings for mulch- NEW

Pile of beautiful Indiana topsoil- NEW

20 yard dumpster full, drives excavated and filled with stone/sand

Motor court swept clean, all debris moved, tons of parking available again

Boat is ready for storage, last of the leaves has been mulched and added to compost pile.

whew.. I'm exhausted. Time enough for dinner, some company, then night out with Roger enjoying the guitar noodlings of Michael Kelsey (he entertained at the Klipsch summer picnic and is playing at a club right around the corner from my house).

Probably will load the attic with 12" of blown-in cellulose.

Michael, is there any way I can convince you to double that amount? How about increase it 50%? I would recommend 5000 pounds of cellulose for your attic. It will really save a lot of energy and it will help keep the shop warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. If there's any way you can swing it . . . .

Good progress on everything, keep up the good work!

I got your call the other day but I just couldn't answer, sorry. Are you all set or do you still have a question? I'm going to be on vacation from 12/1 - 12/14, so email me before then if you want.

Greg

Probably will load the attic with 12" of blown-in cellulose.

Michael, is there any way I can convince you to double that amount? How about increase it 50%? I would recommend 5000 pounds of cellulose for your attic. It will really save a lot of energy and it will help keep the shop warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. If there's any way you can swing it . . . .

Good progress on everything, keep up the good work!

I got your call the other day but I just couldn't answer, sorry. Are you all set or do you still have a question? I'm going to be on vacation from 12/1 - 12/14, so email me before then if you want.

Greg

I don't thing the trusses will hold that weight Greg. I don't see putting more in the shop than I have in the house, but 14-16" might be doable. 12" was just off-the cuff. The sidewalls will only have 4" fibreglass, that's it.

I'm not sure about the manifolds and valves. Some parts I could not get at Menards. Most of their manifolds are 1/2 outlets but 3/4 PEX inlets, not sweat fittings. That seems odd.