Pilgrimage Postponed Until Further Notice

• Moderators

Sad news, folks. Because of these precarious financial times, Pilgrimage 2009 has been put on hold.

We had a good meeting about the event yesterday (before the bad news), and interesting ideas were tossed around, but some needed more time to develop...which now we have.

Stay tuned for bigger and better (and brighter) things to come!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger and I talked about this today. We'll probably arrange something for the gang sometime this spring or summer. My workshop should be fully outfitted by then, perhaps I can get Marshal to come up and give a veneering demonstration, we could do an outdoor theater if the weather is nice. I think between Roger and I we have enough speakers to have a fun-filled weekend for y'all.

Damn the economy, it may never 'recover' during my lifetime, but let's have some fun anyway, mmmk? It's only money.

Michael

she could cook too....

AND clean up after us....

"Oh Amyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....another round of cold refreshments please....and make it snappy!!"

Oh yeah.... I can feel the cold cast iron skillet across my head right now...[:S]

Amy said.....there's nothing that says you guys can't organize something on your own.

We just might in the spring or summer.. I chatted with Michael today about this.. hmmmm

Would
be in Indy though.. I am so sorry those on here never had a chance to
see what Trey and Klipsch pulled off a couple of years ago in Hope.

It was fantastic, IMO.

Roger

One of my favorite audio gatherings was arranged by the Arkansas Klipsch group about three years ago in Hope. Trey and Colter came down from Indy and several of us came up from the Dallas area for the weekend. We did get a surprise Klipsch plant tour (thanks to Trey), but the event was not a Klipsch sponsored weekend.

We would be a pretty lame bunch of Forum members if we couldn't do something ourselves. I know we all appreciate the extraordinary hospitality that Klipsch has shown us the past few years, but much of the reason I keep coming back is to see my Forum friends and learn something new to improve my audio experience.

If we could get someone in Hope to reserve the Farm House for a weekend, we would have a place to set up listening events with members bringing the gear. I'm sure we could pursuade some of our members with technical expertise to present tutorials on speaker design, tube amp design, etc. - or we could even set up a SET vs. Push Pull demonstration [:|].

she could cook too....

AND clean up after us....

"Oh Amyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....another round of cold refreshments please....and make it snappy!!"

Oh yeah.... I can feel the cold cast iron skillet across my head right now...Tongue Tied

I think you can get the same result by playing a recording of that sound and sticking your head inside of one of the uglies powered by a 500 watt amp....

Who says you don't need power.......[<:o)]