A HUMBLE APOLIGY

tim3

I'm sorry to the people I may have offended.I do feel the person who posted all that personal info. on me was way out of line,but that's water under the bridge.I just got a little frustrated because I know my grammar is terrible.The only thing is,my computer skills are ten times worse.It takes me an hour to write a short post.That's why I abbreviate a lot.I really need to take a basic computer course.Like when a member mentioned to just double click the enter button,it would start a new paragraph.I don't know even the simple things like that,not to mention how to cut out & paste,send a link.I have no printer or copier.I bought some of those video professor cd's,but hav'nt sat down to watch them.I really do love the forum,& have noticed a scense of lost even not being off these few days.Again,I apoligize & appreciate all the help so many of you have given me.I'll work on my grammar & computer skills.As far as what Bob mentioned about certain programs I may or may have not got,I have no clue about that either.I hope there's no hard feelings with anyone.If there is,please contact me so I can try to make it right.I'd really like to be able to stick around & still get the outstanding advice that I can not get in any other forum.Thanks,Tim.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

Glad you are still around. It is really a good bunch of folks here most of the time, although some get a bit testy on occasion.

We'll try to help with any questions you might have. We're mostly just a bunch of regular Joes.

The paragraph thing is a bit of a pain, but we'll deal with it. You might try hitting the enter key twice if you want a new paragraph. That might work. You are using a Mac, correct? Safari can be a pain... no matter how nice the Macs are.

Bruce

Don't worry too much about the little stuff, Tim; just enjoy the forum. Sure, it would be nice if we all never mispelled a word and had perfect grammar and punctuation. It would also be nice if everyone always agreed with ME![:D]...but that ain't gonna happen, either!![:'(] So, put on your thickest skin and have fun.

Doug

ps I think I sent you a pm a couple of weeks ago. they're easy to miss.

• Moderators

Welcome back, I would be the last person to comment on spelling or how to make a correct post. [:$]

But that other post was a little hard to read to be honest, your last few are much easier to understand, perfectly fine as far as I care. [Y]

Tim,

Welcome back and don't sweat the little things. You sound like me a couple of years ago. I'm still learnin' too.

Hey, everybody was a virgin once. I'm sure you'll pick it all up as you go. Everybody gets better with a little practice. I personally have worn out the arrow on the backspace button on a couple of keyboards now. It seems to get as much work as any other on my PC.

Harry

Please do stick around and don't be intimidated...and don't feel the need to apologize, we're a bunch of dorks arguing over speaker wire [:P]

the more you post the faster your typing skills will become, and you will pick up little tricks here and there...

Did you break par the first tim you played 18 holes???? well if you golf....most of us have been at it 20 years and can't get close but we get a little better every time...

Just keep your sense of humor about you and don't even bother with someone being confrontational.....not worth raising your BP over someone you'll never meet!!!

Just keep your sense of humor about you and don't even bother with someone being confrontational.....not worth raising your BP over someone you'll never meet!!!

Well you might meet them if you're able to make a Pilgrimage, highly recommeneded by the way. I think I'm going to be able to make a trip to GLA51's compound around Christmas so maybe I'll meet fenderbender if he happens to visit GLA51 around the same time.

I've met some very nice people at the Pilgrimage or through the forum. Most at the Pilgrimage but met JamesV and GLA51 through the forum and then did see JamesV again at the forum.

And a few of the people that some think can't stand one another seem to get along well at the forum. Just some people come across more cantankerous online than in person I guess.

I wouldn't take anything anyone posts here personally. If it sound overly harsh it hopefully means they're having a bad day. I'm not sure I caught why you should feel the need to apologize.

And we argue over rmore than just speaker wire.

So hang around and ask your questions. Yeah. At least one of your posts was all run together and hard to read but so what. We'll deal with it or just ignore it.

I've had trouble on my daughter's McIntosh (Apple) and other times when my computer's been hosed up. If you type with line breaks and you're not showing up, try entering the following with out spaces separating the characters.

< b r > < b r >

Very basic HTML that has worked for me when my editor wouldn't work. I'll add the above to the end of this line. <br><br>But this is the real end of the line and may show up with a line break if all went as I planned.

edit: It didn't work for me, but I'm using the plug in editor but adding <br><br> may work for you. Don't worry if you're not a computer expert or your grammer sometimes isn't the best. As far as I know, an advanced college degree is not required to be a member.

So hang in there. Remember, the really dumb question is the one that isn't asked because if you don't know something, you don't know it. No big deal.

we're a bunch of dorks

Hail the Grand Dork (think Grand Poobah)

ok...maybe it didn't work....

Embarrassed

Coytee, are you calling fenderbender the Grand Dork or trying to take that title for yourself? Didn't I assign you the title of Court Jester in the Land of Klipsch already back in May or June?

Somedays would be a lot better if dork was the worst thing I'd been called.

I'm a dork and proud of it!!! [:D]....I'm also flat out nut's...Just ask GLA51, gotten to know him quite well......

Anyway you slice it...Coytee must, by default be a bigger dork than I, He has Jubs...that puts you into a whole other category of Super Dork!!!!

As for me, I spend my time listening to Jazz, playing with speakers up at GLA's, shooting a manual large format box camera, I get excited when I find a NOS tube on the cheap, I comb piles of crappy lps at the thrift looking for a rare find,and I check craigslist 3 times a day, just so I don't "miss out" on a vintage bargain......Yes I'm a dork....

as for the petty bickering.....folks tend to feel very safe behind their computer screens.......much tamer in person....kinda like someone flipping you off in their car, they wouldn't do it face to face...(well I would...that goes to the nuts part) ....Guy flipped me off on my street and I jammed the brakes, got out and ran to his window screaming if he'd like me to tear that finger off with my bare hands and shove some where!!!!!! I need to stay on my meds!!!