OH NO, WAF!!!

tommyboy

My boss came over just now to have a "listen" to my system. I had him over in an attempt to steer him clear of those Bose cube things. So of course I put in Hellboy 2 on Blu Ray! We didn't listen to any music...... He absolutely loved the sound of my system, which costs right around the same amount of the Bose he was lookin at, (minus my Sub 12). But........ he said he doesn't think his wife will go for speakers that big. She wants him to get the bose cuz they're "cute". Cute??? Are you kidding me? Who buys audio gear, if you can call Bo$e audio gear, due to "cuteness"? I fear that I have lost this battle..................... The things some guys do for their wives. Uhhhhhhh, maybe that's why I'm divorced[*-)]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CUTE??? CUTE???,,, I,m CUTE and I,m bigger than a BOSE... Tell her that.. In fact just pull all the Cute wash machines and appliance out of the kitchen,, She will be too buissey slaving away to mind what you have as audio equipment.

Thank God my wife can't stand cute.

Maybe the boss should have his wife listen to a good system? Who knows, maybe she'll come to the conclusion that cute just doesn't cut it when it comes to speakers. Maybe have him check out the Icon models. They're all quite narrow if not compact and the wood ones are very attractive.

Maybe try the approach that some nice looking pretty speakers are required to try to keep up with his ravishingly beautiful wife and how the **** would just look too out of place.

So after a long day at work, and me giving him a bunch of ****, Bose is like a spreading disease! A few co-workers over heard us talking home audio, and jumped into the conversation..............."What's wrong with bose?" I think they're awesome.............. if I ever invest any serious money into a house system, it'll be bose. I was totally out numbered, so I didn't answer or debate with any of them. I simply told em all to get a GOOD bose setup, get it all hooked up/ calibrated, listen to it really closely watching their favorite movie, then come on over to my house and watch a movie with me!!! I give up...........[:'(]

Yes, while our friend PWK was hammering away at perfecting one of his many horn-loaded designs, Dr. Amar Bose (or more likely, his sales team) was realizing just how powerful mass-market advertising can be.

The most profound aspect of working at a big-box retailer is observing just how brainwashed people become after being subjected to constant messages from one source. I know exactly what tommyboy is talking about when he says "bose was spreading like a disease."

It may not be the greatest injustice in the world, but how far can one company go in blinding people from true accuracy of reproduction??

True story...

While on vacation in Naples, Florida we come accross one of those discount malls where BOSE has a store...

I take my family in to do the (hidden) BOSE theater experience...

So me.. my daughter at that time.. six...and my son 4 1/2.

It was good.. not excellent but good. You immediately see the marketing 100%. Simple easy to use.. Small spaekers and a sub and turned up loud, a pretty good demo...

The guy turns to my kids... "Well kids, what did you think?" (Kids always tell the truth...right...) Roger at 4 1/2 yells out, "Daddy's is better"... Emma goes, "We have this room, like a movie theater.... and Daddy's sytem is awesome.... Roger goes, "Yes Awesomeme (screwing up saying awesome..LOL) The guy turns to me and said "what do you have?" I said, "Those big old horn enournous La Scala speakers...From Klipsch" His co worker who was older laughed..But in a good way...(I think he knew what I had too..lol) As he tried to gain my wife on his side, he goes," Well as a wife, does it bother you to see those big expensive speakers in your room? My wife said, "He hid them behind a cloth and it doesn't bother me at all, actually it is pretty cool at home."

Yep, I was proud... a 300k specifically designed room just for the Bose products was ok, but in no way outshined my Klipsch HT at all.

Score one for Klipsch!

post-5910-13819426845014_thumb.jpg

We all love BIG speakers here.

But I'm pretty sure even the lowly Quintet setup would be considerably better than a **** setup and not that much bigger. SRP $549 add a SUB10 or SUB 12 and it's probably a killer system to most people. Or some really small Synergy bookshelves.

Synergy Quintet III http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/quintet-iii.aspx

quintent 3

Synergy B2 http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/b-2.aspx

Synergy B2

Or size wise, or maybe more higher style, move up to the Icon series I believe the smallish bookshelf speakers are pretty compact. And can be had in wood veneer (I think the wood have real wood veneer). The WB14 shown. It's really pretty and not that big. http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/wb-14.aspx#photos

WB14

(when Sound and Style matter)

Next up in size or maybe not would be smallish Reference bookshelves or Palladium bookshelves. The Reference bookshelves only come in the woodgrain vinyl but still prettier than a small plasitc box IMHO. And the Palladium are stunningly georgeous and in real wood.

RB 10 this may be smaller than the WB14? http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rb-10.aspx

RB10RB10

Palladium P17 http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/p-17b.aspx

Palladium P17

For HTIB Klipsch offers the CS-500 and CS-700 and I'm sure they'd blow away the **** 3-2-1 system.

CS-700 http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/cs-700.aspx

CS700

So, WAF doesn't have to be the total deal breaker. Shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Consider some of the smaller Klipsch speakers. They're available in all price points and I doubt than any little cube speakers can keep up with any of them.

And when you get into the wood Icon or Palladium (or the larger wood veneer Reference and Heritage) they're very pretty to boot. The little cubes are cheap looking plastic. Ok, the Synergy Quintents probably aren't much prettier but they do deliver better sound.

So if they just can't stand the huge boxes, the smallest Klipsch products will definitely out perform if not flat out CRUSH the little cubes in sound qualtiy. And the wooden ICON and Palladium (like anyone considering **** is going to get Palladium) are absolutely gorgeous.

**** WAF over Klipsch. I say [bs] If you've got room for the little cubes, you've got room for some of the smaller Klipsch. Why they may not quite keep up with the larger Klipsch, they have something the little cube speakers have never had. Stunning sound quality.

New marketing slogan: Klipsch - When The Sound Matters or maybe Klipsch - When You Care About The Sound