Way Off Topic: Any 1911 Shooters on the Forum?

Deang

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol! Well, I've got speakers in the background, you just can't see 'em.

Who makes that one Bob, I don't recognize it.

Right Harry, it's a S&W. The fit and finish is really A1, and the only thing in the case that looked as good was an $1800 Les Baer. S&W has done a couple of interesting things with the design. Notice that it has external extractor -- I consider that an improvement. The second thing they did was to get rid of the Series 80 FPS. Instead of working with the trigger, it works off the grip safety. The trigger is very crisp, and feels like a good Series 70 trigger pull -- no creep/breaks very clean. I have a concern about the design though, and won't be able to render a verdict until I get a few thousand rounds through it.

Dean,

You'll like the S&W. Black the rear dots and you've got a quick pointer. Second shot acquisition very good, quick control, good rosewood grips for float and control.

Improvements needed: Mags are weak on top. Not an issue as there's dozens of replacements available. I don't like the new Wilsons. They'll come apart when they hit the ground on ejection. Bottom cap is held on by tension only. McCormick is a good clip. as are the military surplus. solid and dependables.

Front sights tend to slip across the slide. They need peened.

I've got one. Good shooters and very cost effective.

Good choice. Thumbs up from Indy.

Harry

That is Michael's gun. I am not very good with it. Doesn't feel exactly right to me. We we working out on coke cans at 25 feet awhile back. If the bad guy can hide behind a coke can, he is safe from me. Now with the same gun, middle son, Todd, would blow him away trying to hide behind a coke can, so it is not the gun that is at fault. I am better with my Taurus 357.

Bob

We were working out on coke cans at 25 feet awhile back. If the bad guy can hide behind a coke can, he is safe from me...I am better with my Taurus 357.

Bob

lol! If you're used to guns that have the barrel down more in line with the grip, those type guns will give you some trouble. I always suspected this was my trouble with the Sigs -- my first shot is O.K., but all of my follow up shots are terrible.

Nice looking Beretta's there Bruce.

Bill, looks like you figured out how to get your pic up -- I dig that Super .38.

Harry, yeah -- I should get that front sight tacked down. I'll probably wait a while and then send it off to Robar, where I'd like to a have a couple of other things done too. The mags actually look pretty good to me -- nice Italian made Novak's. I can see where they might cause feeding problems with hardball since they are designed for hollowpoints. I had already planned on picking up some other magazines for hardball ammo.

Thanks Dean...you may want to try Cobra Mags from Tripp Research...supposed to hold the round a bit higher for flawless feeding...I converted most all my mags to the CobraMag...they sell a follower and spring kit...my original SiG mags were poorly sprung...cured with the CobraMag at a drop of one round to the traditional 7...the Super 38 is special...I like the cross hatch checkering on the hammer spur and trigger face as well as the "cursive" writing and serial number...the serial number brings it to one of the first years mad...that S&W looks sweet and the lifetime warranty (though I doubt you'll need it) is nice too...

Bill

be sure not to carry it with you to a bar and then impress your friends by shooting yourself in the leg.

no doubt, what a maroon.

Burress' latest self-inflicted wound came after he was initially turned away from the LQ nightclub in midtown because he was packing heat, police sources said. Burress, 31, who was sporting flashy jewelry and carrying loads of cash, told club management he needed the gun to protect himself, sources said.

The mercurial Giant was waved inside the crowded Latin-themed club on Lexington Ave. about midnight. He downed several drinks, making already jittery security guards more nervous about his weapon.

As Burress was being led into a VIP area, with a drink in his hand, the gun slipped down his pants leg. He reached for the weapon, but fumbled it and it went off, sources said.

• Klipsch Employees

133T.jpg

Dad had one of these blue. He could drive 16 p nails at 25 steps. He has taken down at lest 2 deer with it. My Sisters boy has it now. He guides hog hunts in the Ozarks around Mena, Ark. You need the knock down of the 44 Mag for hogs.

One thing I know for sure is that you had better get a good hold on that thing when you pull the trigger.