• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Hey Mike did you come over and looked at my 1988 Fortes?
    • I like the bass on my Heresy speakers, not so much the CF3.  They are the newer short ports, and thinking about it, I am leaning in the direction of a big powered sub, plugging the ports and biamping the CF3 with some sort of DSP EQ crossover. Anybody try this?
    • I have a pair of kp301's that are modded for biamp (NOT biwire) use . they sound fine. I've been using them with an electronic over and a 4-ch power amp. It's an easy one-wire-change to make them full range... HOWEVER the woofs are currently klipsch 8-0hm, and the crossovers want an original 4 ohm load or the woof is 3-6dB quieter than it should be, hence the electronic xover. THere's a story as to 'why' which was a fun experiment. I'm north of DC. THese are the original black industrial finish
    • 😂😂😂 Great start on the day!   One Deep River is the tenth solo album by British musician Mark Knopfler. It was released on 12 April 2024.[1][2][3] On 5 February, Knopfler released a behind-the-scenes video on YouTube of him and the band at work on the album. Guy Fletcher, John McCusker, Michael McGoldrick and Greg Leisz are shown to be part of the band.[4   Abby Road Half-Speed Mastered sooo here I go.  FINALLY gonna give it a spin on the big rig!  Stoked cause it's supposed to be great!  50$ it better be right?     Wait a minute?  What?  That's NOT right.  Oh heck no it can't be.  Lemme look at this thing.  Nope, nothing on the jacket.  Nothing on the labels.  Nothing in the fine print that I see but it AIN'T 33.3333333...  Right to the record store.  Yup, SOLD OUT!  So let's look further.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, clear at the bottom of the page:  Mark Knopfler One Deep River Half - Speed Mastered 180gram Vinyl 45rpm 2xLP   Seriously???  Ok, well it's NOW goin down on the Thorens TD-160, into the Mac 4100 and my lil Heresy!  Yes Sir, solid state it is.  Now if I really got energtic I could just move the table to the main rig but where am I gonna put it?  Blah.  The old man can't even rape & pillage right anymore!  Grrrrrr!            
    • For anyone interested in guitar instrumentals that have a very hi-definition sound quality:   Martin Tallstrom Pat Matheny   Bill Frissel  
    • Thanks for the plug Rich.   My F8 is probably the best SS amp I have owned and can't imagine it getting much better for our Heritage Klipsch.   I have used it to drive my La Scalas as well as running the K 402 in my active system. It excels in both applications!  
    • Can't get that bored in the am when the B-complex supplement counter effects that coreg for a couple hours! That's why I folded the laundry did half the S's and found I was still logged in  
    • Gonna rain and Imma feelin it.  Guy behind me seems to be on vacay.  Someone's letting his 3 dogs out and the woman mowed the other day soooo.    Oopsie...  1030 and I hear a mower?  I'm ON it!  A pile is calling my name!  😂  
    • Looking at the last post you were right.   Marked him as spam
    • There's a budget?  Please tell me more.    Rain coming in this afternoon but doesn't look too bad then off we go into summer.  Looks like about 5-6 days of low to mid 80's and tons of sun.  Blah.  Mah Speedos, mirrors and some power tannin!  😂   Grand showed up for a few hours yesterday to  basically kill time.  Got out lucky it only cost me $20 for "cleaning" and planting flowers in the front planter.  Just 8 plants for across the back of the 24' planter.  Should have gotten 16 but at 8 for 9$ that was enough considering the 50 i dropped in 6 others.  Gonna get wild!  Kinda maybe.   Spacing the 8 across the back was a pita until Grandpa pulled out the 50' tape.    She already had them all spaced out and ready to go until...  Then came the math AND the mumbles to go along with it.  😂  End result?  Perfection once again.  Much to her dismay.  lol    I'm still scratching my head over the 6 Swiffer pads she said she used on the kitchen floor.  That's not computing cause it still looks the same.  Imagine that!    Next up?  The grandson.  MIGHT get this power conditioner, that's been sitting here for a year, up and running.  You think I'm crawling around pulling and re-plugging 853 plugs?  Blah.  Already paid him about $50 in advance and it's yet to happen so maybe.  Jusssst maybe.  Throw him a 20?  Perfect!  10$ a plug.  😂   See, perfect timing the coffee's done and I'm a hapy boy.  You, on the otherhand, are bored stiff being kind and curteous reading along shaking your head.  If ya ain't been there yet ya will be.  Just a matter of time.   Duckburg?  Blah.  Four days of Little League on the dance card thru Sunday.  Quit it!    
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    sigward20