• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Actually June 2024 already
    • Joe Satriani ??  🙂
    • Great seller who understates the condition of his equipment. Highly recommend. Mike
    • Thanks for the assist guys! I did consider the F8 but I already have the J2 and I think they are closer in sound as opposed to the F3/SIT3. Otherwise would be amazing to try.   I am looking for less neutrality/transparency and more musicality, second order harmonic distortion. My understanding is the F3 is highly rated by members of the forum and beyond for coming close to the tube sound in a single-ended, single-stage config (JFETs) while the SIT-3 is single-ended (not single gain) but uses VFETs in a novel way to achieve a more musical sound.    Those of you with experience with the aforementioned amps are welcome to correct my understanding from having read about them. The J2 was an immediate and wonderful improvement over the MC-252 that was handling HF duty with my Heritage Jubilee speakers. The J2 sounds lovely but I am very curious how the SIT3 or F3 could improve the sound even more. I am fast approaching diminishing returns at this point but my curiosity is pushing me to discover more. It's been so much fun reading about Nelson Pass, exploring the diyAudio scene and diving into amplifier design. 
    • Not Mine, But very close to where I live. If anyone wants them. PM I'll go take a look for you.    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/473346895175205?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Afe447d55-e2e7-4669-b092-d1b03414a2e7
    • Hey Mike did you come over and looked at my 1988 Fortes?
    • I like the bass on my Heresy speakers, not so much the CF3.  They are the newer short ports, and thinking about it, I am leaning in the direction of a big powered sub, plugging the ports and biamping the CF3 with some sort of DSP EQ crossover. Anybody try this?
    • I have a pair of kp301's that are modded for biamp (NOT biwire) use . they sound fine. I've been using them with an electronic over and a 4-ch power amp. It's an easy one-wire-change to make them full range... HOWEVER the woofs are currently klipsch 8-0hm, and the crossovers want an original 4 ohm load or the woof is 3-6dB quieter than it should be, hence the electronic xover. THere's a story as to 'why' which was a fun experiment. I'm north of DC. THese are the original black industrial finish
    • 😂😂😂 Great start on the day!   One Deep River is the tenth solo album by British musician Mark Knopfler. It was released on 12 April 2024.[1][2][3] On 5 February, Knopfler released a behind-the-scenes video on YouTube of him and the band at work on the album. Guy Fletcher, John McCusker, Michael McGoldrick and Greg Leisz are shown to be part of the band.[4   Abby Road Half-Speed Mastered sooo here I go.  FINALLY gonna give it a spin on the big rig!  Stoked cause it's supposed to be great!  50$ it better be right?     Wait a minute?  What?  That's NOT right.  Oh heck no it can't be.  Lemme look at this thing.  Nope, nothing on the jacket.  Nothing on the labels.  Nothing in the fine print that I see but it AIN'T 33.3333333...  Right to the record store.  Yup, SOLD OUT!  So let's look further.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, clear at the bottom of the page:  Mark Knopfler One Deep River Half - Speed Mastered 180gram Vinyl 45rpm 2xLP   Seriously???  Ok, well it's NOW goin down on the Thorens TD-160, into the Mac 4100 and my lil Heresy!  Yes Sir, solid state it is.  Now if I really got energtic I could just move the table to the main rig but where am I gonna put it?  Blah.  The old man can't even rape & pillage right anymore!  Grrrrrr!            
    • For anyone interested in guitar instrumentals that have a very hi-definition sound quality:   Martin Tallstrom Pat Matheny   Bill Frissel  
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    sigward20