• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• I am on the wait-list for a UFO25 and the CSP325 preamp. I am on page 11 so I have plenty of time to wait. In the interim, I found a used UFO2.1 and purchased from a Decware forum member without too much trouble if I'm being honest. I have it hooked up to Heresy IV's and just like ned says on his reply before, I haven't found the upper end yet.   It's a great amount, I love the sound, and can't wait for the 25th anniversary upgrade when my number comes up. A lot of people spend time complaining about Decware on various boards across the internet. There are a lot of choices out there. If it bothers you that much, don't buy one. Plain and simple.   (This isn't a response to call anyone out on here.... Just putting in my 2 cents)
    • I worked/shopped in a record store long ago that ran everything through a single Klipschorn. It sounded great - like any proper record store would. 
    • This is not scientific, just how my system is now - and I like it.    I have KHorns and Cornwall 4s in my house. I have the UFO2 and a Parasound A23+ in service. I had the UFO on the KHorns for a while and found I was very aware of the squawker. Not in a good way.   The CW has a great mid range whatever feeds it. I know have the SS on the KHorns and UFO2 on the CWs and it sounds perfect. great match for each - I've run the KHorns for 5+ years with the Parasound and I've always been happy. There are posts by me on the subject. I have not found the upper bound of high volume with the UFO2. they can drive a speaker just fine. 
    • I was able to buy Klipsch horns first hand from 1973 and I am very happy with this purchase. Unfortunately, one wooferr is rattling at the voice coil. Question, I have absolutely no experience with Khorns while I know the old LaScala fairly well. How do you remove the woofer from the bass cabinet? There are eight screws, not only 4 like on my 1977 LaScala. The screws from behind are hardly to reach. Then I see these two black metal rods with 2 wing nuts each fixed that obviously fixes the baffle together with the screw mounted woofer to the compression opening? Do I only have to loosen these wing nuts then remove the rods and can I then remove the woofer with the baffle from the side where I have access tp the woofer chamber? Please have a look at the photos. Many thanks for your valued help.        
    • Dr. Bill's (not me) recipe':    *remember fire hazard* BLO heats up as it dries so any rags and whatnot should be thouroughly washed with water and soap and disposed of safely...preferrably outside...   the Drs. recipe' IIRC: 3 parts Gum Turpentine to 1 part BLO...I found mine at Home Depot but should be able to find anywhere...good luck but wanted to share...Do only in a well ventilated area...   Bill
    • I'm guessing you don't drink de-caffinated drinks?    
    • Oldest story in the books, why else is Edie with Paul Simon??   This is supposed to be for that Italian Hot Rod Cappuccino maker that @Full Range posed a couple days ago. Really only the second line fits but I'll take any excuse to post their music!    
    • Wow! Paul. Does it take lots of time for maintenance ?  My Rancilio Rocky grinder, bought after one of the TX guys here talked about his. It takes a little more than I was used to but it will be working `till my last day!   "She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean..." I'll put that tune elsewhere!
    • Crap...it might impart "diffusion". 😉
    • The frugal audiophile speaker stand. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CreatingImages