Not for sale: Horn Stack in my Avatar moved to bigger house

ClaudeJ1

Featuring the rare/expensive/amazing K-402 Midrange horn with Klipsck K-1133 driver and a B&C DE-250 driven "mini me" tweeter on top of a newly reconed EVM-15L woofer in "cheapScala" Peavey cabinets.

Includes passive network, active Behringer unit for the bass PEQ, and 4 channels of 6 Watt Chip Amps, which will play as loud as it's safe four your hearing without pissing off your neighbors across the street!

For an extra $300 (my cost to build), I will let you take my amazing LAB-12 Tapped horn subwoofer, which I highly recommend. Pick up only in Indianapolis.

Asking $1,900 cash for the stack and electronics. Add $300 for the sub (no amp, but you can use the Behringer to create Xover point) OR subtract $300 if your only want the passive stack at $1,600.

Have other Klisch Pro Theater speakers also if interested.

So for the 3-way Big Horn Stack, passive and active Xovers, Tapped Horn Sub, chip amps, Behringer etc. $2,200.

minus the Tapped horn sub: $1,900,

Minus active electronics, $1,600

Cash only. You choose the price/inclusion.

Just remember that the K-402's and the 1133 drivers are worth over $2,000 alone when new. And it IS the best sounding midrange horn on the market, PERIOD.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

Would you be willing to sell the 402 horns without drivers? I already have K-69 drivers, so I would just need the horns.

Also, do the horns come with stands?

Yes, the horns have stands, with variable angle. No I don't wish to sell the horns by themselves. Yes there is another identical channel included, sorry about the confusion. If you buy the stack in my Avatar, you get it's twin for free. LOL. It too is black and fugly.........same mother.

Would you be willing to sell the 402 horns without drivers? I already have K-69 drivers, so I would just need the horns.

Also, do the horns come with stands?

Oh, and the K-1133 drivers go down to 300 Hz. which is amazing, but they drop at 5K which is why I use a tweeter. When I heard the Cinema top end, I much preferred the 3-way to the 2-way with the K-69, which has to be PEQ'd like crazy to work right, plust it beams at 8 Khz, while my tweeters maintain full 90 degree dispersion and crystal clear highs to 18 Khz.

two 402's with 1133's would be tasty.

is there a price option for this or with the tweets minus the bass section?

just curious as I am sure others are.

you should list what other theater line items you might have.

Edited by Schu

how much does a 402 horn cost straight from klipsch or a dealer with no driver? i wonder how this horn would be with one of BMS's high end coaxial 2" compression drivers?

I don't think you can get just the horn(it would be great if you could). But like ClaudeJ1 said the horn driver combo alone was 2000.00 so you know you were getting a steal of a deal.

how much does a 402 horn cost straight from klipsch or a dealer with no driver? i wonder how this horn would be with one of BMS's high end coaxial 2" compression drivers?

I don't think you can get just the horn(it would be great if you could). But like ClaudeJ1 said the horn driver combo alone was 2000.00 so you know you were getting a steal of a deal.

It comes with a K-1133 driver, which uses the same super heavy duty components as the K-1132, which is NOT what my horns come with. the 1133 is for 3-way and the 1132 is for 2-way. The 1132 has a completely different phase plug, and possibly a more fragile diaphragm to get it to higher than 5K. With EQ, it probably gets beyond 16Khz. just like JBL, EV, and all other good 2" drivers for 2-way horn systems.

I'm pretty sure the reason they now use the K-69 is COST. It's a Taiwanese clone of a B&C driver, so it's cheaper to buy and slap the Klipsch label and number on it rather than make their own. The K-1133 and 32 drivers were made by Klipsch in Hope. Not sure if they still offer a K-1132. It's a heavy duty driver, though and both of them make the K-69 look wimpy in comparison.

I will be back in Indy tonight, so I will try and post some photos. Also, I may be talked into selling my "mini MWM" bass horn cabinets, which are custom designed by me and Hornresp for the included EVM 15L woofer. I also have a pair of KPT-100's and a pair of KPT-200's for sale for $200/pair and $300/pair respectively.

All of this stuff is designed and built for use in modern Theater Plexes near any mall in America, so having "real theater speakers" in your home will kick booty all over whatever you have now if you can put up with all black paint.;

Edited by ClaudeJ1