Oliva-V

Arturo Fuente-Grand Reserva

Ashton-(Some Maduro)

Rocky Patel-(can't remember)

Cruz Real

Cohiba-(Dominican & Cuban)

Helix-(Love those Conneticut wrapers)

Te Amo-(Another nice Mexican brand)

I'm sure i'm missing a few, this is just from memory.

Jeremy

Partagas # 2

Temple Hall # 625

Fonseca 8-9-8

Fonseca Cubano LTD (various)

Temple Hall The Odyssey (7x45)

Various strays from full boxes and Cubanos accumulated over the years. If your looking for a mild smoke and a GREAT value check out the Temple Hall Odyssey from JR Cigars, a closeout special that is tough to beat: http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=itemDetails&ItemCode=THLE

I bought 3 boxes and gave one to a friend, highly recommended.

HOLY SMOKES! Really this is amazing. Old buckster just died early and in miserable fashion from tobacco and you all are here lauding its consumption. I've said this before but it needs repeating. A single big cigar is the same as smoking an entire pack of cigarettes in one sitting. No, you do not inhale the smoke but your saliva is converted into a toxic brew loaded with all of the terrible things tobacco brings with it. Ever hear of oral cancer? Ever seen oral cancer? Google up cancer of the tongue. Google up cancer of the pharynx. But worse is this insult to OB. Recognize what took his life and how that occurred. Wise up and understand that you have ben duped by big tobacco into risking your life for their income. They don't use their own products and laugh all the way to the bank when you do. Sorry for the angry tone.

HOLY SMOKES! Really this is amazing. Old buckster just died early and in miserable fashion from tobacco and you all are here lauding its consumption. I've said this before but it needs repeating. A single big cigar is the same as smoking an entire pack of cigarettes in one sitting. No, you do not inhale the smoke but your saliva is converted into a toxic brew loaded with all of the terrible things tobacco brings with it. Ever hear of oral cancer? Ever seen oral cancer? Google up cancer of the tongue. Google up cancer of the pharynx. But worse is this insult to OB. Recognize what took his life and how that occurred. Wise up and understand that you have ben duped by big tobacco into risking your life for their income. They don't use their own products and laugh all the way to the bank when you do. Sorry for the angry tone.

I definately agree that the timing of this thread is bad. I don't think people are "duped" by big tobacco though; I think they are providing a product that people are willing to take the risk to consume. I honestly have never met a single person that didn't think that smoking had a negative impact on thier body--they just are willing to take that chance. I've used this statement before and many people disagree; but, education doesn't solve as many problems as people want to believe. (not directed at you oscarsear) but, some people think that education will solve every social ill in existence and that just isn't true. give people all the information available and the majority are still going to do exactly what they want.

Actually, OB suffered from the effects of extended exposure to certain defoliating chemicals used in massive quantities where he was deployed.... As far as the saliva thing.... well.... drink beer when smoking a cigar[Y][;)]. Heck, Winston Churchill lived into his 90's with a stogie firmly clamped and washed down with single malts.... Oh well... If our vices are confined to cigars and a fine brew, etc., then I'd say we are probably the least of the world's worries.

PS.... timing? maybe.... then again, maybe the "timing" is irrelevant. It's what's in the humidor, nothing more, nothing less.

Grooms--I actually do agree with you. I guess my timing comment was more of just being sensitive at the death of a friend. Last week, my son-in law's father committed suicide--when i was talking to my daughter on the phone the following day, i didn't want to ask her details being sensitive to the fact that my son-in-law was probably right there (being thanksgiving day) and I didn't want him to have to hear "the story" all over again.

but, i do agree with you in general--just sometimes emotion gets in the way and makes me look at something more than i should.