What's this white stuff ?

dtel

• Moderators

Very pretty! Who does your landscaping?

Well we found a couple of lazy bums a few years back and got it cheap ! [Y]

It needs alot of work but those bums are more lazy than they were a few years ago !

We should have given you a heads up, dtel. This was last night about 2000.

The bay area was at a standstill this morning with all ways in and out closed. People often laugh at how little a snow storm can wreak havoc on out cities, but this we gets even to me. It would hardly have slowed rush hour in Dallas/Fort Worth, but Houston is defenseless. There weren't even enough police to handle the closures, much less the 10's of thousands of cars backed up hopeless on the feeder roads not knowing you literally couldn't get there from here. I sat 100 yards from a light for 40 minutes before mounting the sidewalk and driving to the U and returning home.

Dave

post-9494-13819427989248_thumb.jpg

We had about 6" stacked up on our vehicles outside the house this morning. It's the most that it has snowed since I've lived here in Beaumont (28 years). Every overpass I crossed on my 20 mile trip to work had skid marks and damage to the retaining walls. One still had pieces of different vehicles on the overpass shoulders. Heres a clue, SLOW DOWN WHEN IT SNOWS. Especially if you've never driven on the stuff before.

Snow

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Part of the Nature series on

Weather

Seasons

Spring · Summer

Autumn · Winter

Dry season

Wet season

Storms

Thunderstorm · Tornado

Tropical cyclone (Hurricane)

Extratropical cyclone

Winter storm · Blizzard

Ice storm

Precipitation

Fog · Drizzle · Rain

Freezing rain · Ice pellets

Hail · Snow · Graupel

Topics

Meteorology

Weather forecasting

Climate · Air pollution

Weather Portal

v d e

"Snowfall" redirects here. For other uses, see Snow (disambiguation) or Snowfall (disambiguation).

Snow is a type of precipitation in the form of crystalline water ice, consisting of a multitude of snowflakes that fall from clouds. The process of precipitation is called snowfall.

Since snow is composed of small ice particles, it is a granular material. It has an open and therefore soft structure, unless packed by external pressure. The METAR code for snow is SN.

North of the Maison/Dixon line it is commonly referred to as S***.

• Moderators

I bet Buddy loved seeing snow! Big Smile

Tell him Michael said hello and that I have the Bob the Builder ornament on my tree. It's one of my fave ornaments, and I somewhat resemble Bob this year.

M

He was smiling when I told him, he said he's glad you like it.

This is what it looked like this evening.

post-11804-1381942802757_thumb.jpg