My New Avatar

ClaudeJ1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Mark and Claude, you guys are not normal, those are way to big for any house, that's just crazy ! [:$]..........................................................................[:P] I am jealous...can't wait to hear something similar

• Moderators

Mark, that picture you use for your avitar I have copied and use it as one of the pictures I rotate from time to time as a backround on the computer screen, this another.

Where and when was the "Listen Up" photo taken?

Travis

I have no idea I stole/ borrowed it from somewhere on the forum a while back ?

Hey Claude ... Seems that I have landed in this frigid state of Michigan for an unexpected stay. Came home for the holidays and my wife went into preterm labor. The doctors are not giving us a hall pass to travel back to CA .... which leaves me very far from my Klipsch gear ... I am beginning to get the shakes.

If I may be so bold as to try to weasel a listening session some time over the next month or so .... I am currently passing the time up in Holly at my inlaws place, my wife has been prescribed bedrest. I will most likely be here for a few months (may have to get to Cali to work .... but the baby's will be born here... yes twins).

Send me a PM if your going to have a session and would not mind the intrusion.

Glen

Claude,

Nice stacks. I'm sure those MWMs rock the place.

Since you and I sold our Khorns about 1 week apart and found these VERY rare MWMs bins in different countries (also using superior/cheaper woofers for home) that kinda make us twin sons of different mothers, eh? LOL.

That being said, they key to the whole thing in my mind (and ears) is in the MB-1 midbass horn, where 160 Hz. to 1.2 Khz. is reproduced without a Xover point. Piano, guitar, vocals, sax, drums, etc. all a much greater definition than ever before. I only use one capacitor per driver and let the natural rolloff occur and I cross well inside at the flat portions of the curve after careful driver selection. So, it's, perhaps, the antithesis of EQing the heck out of everything and just letting the drivers do their "natural thing." However, the year is young. My next move is to start playing with DSP on this thing, so watch out!!

Mark and Claude, you guys are not normal, those are way to big for any house, that's just crazy ! Embarrassed..........................................................................Stick out tongue I am jealous...can't wait to hear something similar Idea

OK, smar aleck. You got the same disease, but unlike the rest of us, YOUR motivation comes from the females in your household! So, go make some sawdust and let's see your photos soon, OK?