World's Number one Audiophile

SWL

I'm speechless. I feel like a kid with a boombox...

I wonder if he gets any girls?

Dave

Did you see the SIZE of his music collection? Surprise Oh, I am sure he gets Girls!!!!! Devil

Dennie

Actually, I don't know what I was thinking. He can afford Wilson's. Girls are CHEAP, comparatively.

Dave

Wow. But what I want to know is: you can only have 1 system on the private island, what do you bring?

Peace,

TommyK

Perfect custom built room

50,000 CDs, LPs, 45s, and 78s

Jubilees Walnut veneered from factory with 402 plus TAD drivers with passive xovers.

Cambridge 840CDP

Garrard 301 TT

Marantz 7C tube preamp

Stereo VRDs

Magic pebbles to make everything sound nice.

Wow. But what I want to know is: you can only have 1 system on the private island, what do you bring?

Peace,

TommyK

Perfect custom built room

50,000 CDs, LPs, 45s, and 78s

Jubilees Walnut veneered from factory with 402 plus TAD drivers with passive xovers.

Cambridge 840CDP

Garrard 301 TT

Marantz 7C tube preamp

Stereo VRDs

Magic pebbles to make everything sound nice.

Works for me, but I'd also want the old SS United States re-fitted to my specifcations so I could get out and about from time to time and do a bit of shopping.

Dave

Much to his credit, this fellow also likes to share the high-end audio experience. From Page 2:

"We had finished the tour of Mr. Li's house, but there was more. Mr. Li had set up a hi-fi club in a nearby building for the benefit of anyone interested in high-end audio. The club was a large space with about 40 seats and a system consisting of classic Westlake loudspeakers driven by Gryphon monoblocks."

"All this gear is put to good use; Mr. Li opens his house to anyone who wants to come and hear music. He's extraordinarily passionate about music and high-end equipment, and shares that enthusiasm with anyone who's interested. Similarly, the club is open to the public so that ordinary people can come and hear great music wonderfully reproduced. What a wonderful gift to the people of Yang Jiang."

Yeah but bands take breaks so you would need a DJ to fill in the rough spots or maybe two bands on a revolving stage.

Not only that, sometimes bands take off with your girl. Remember when Margaret Trudeau, the wife of Canada's Prime Minister, Pierre Trudeau, spent the weekend with the Rolling Stones in 1977? Pierre Trudeau was a pretty cool guy, but that was more than he was willing to put up with and a divorce came soon after.

Yeah but bands take breaks so you would need a DJ to fill in the rough spots or maybe two bands on a revolving stage.

ARGGGH MY EYES MY EYES the professor lives! Now don't you and Trey be getting all sexified photos like Miss Amy, da guys don't need to be seeing dat!

I'd have a 40 acre revolving stage!~

't

Holy crap! I have no idea what the majority of that stuff is, other than it's unbelievably expensive audio gear.

I'm so glad that my inexpensive, lousy gear makes me smile. My $65 vintage sansui sounds freakin awesome through my Fortes. I never want to visit any of your homes for fear that I will instantly hate my stuff and go insane replacing it. In fact, my stuff is such absolute rubbish that I get away with using the AC current coming out of the wall to power it. Man, I am such a loser!

Well, maybe I could listen to systems below 10 grand. Are there any?