Hi everybody!

Stockholm650

Welcome, theres alot of people around here that can help with just about anything. It seems theres no dumb questions around here, you can ask almost anything and everybody around is nice enough to put in their input. Have fun.

nick

• Moderators

Welcome.....and yes there are dumb questions [:o] but feel free to ask them because i have already asked 95 % of the dumb questions and got the answers, I may have missed a couple so go for it ! [Y]

I just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone. I am a new member and new owner of a pair of Cornwalls. I grew up listening to KLF30's which should tell you how young i am. I really like the forum site and i'm eager to learn from all of you guys.

Welcome to the madness that is the Klipsch forum. Nice on the Cornwalls (still looking for a pair myself). Since you are in right there in Indianapolis, I would HIGHLY recommend you check out the 'Pilgrimage' section, most especially this thread.

What you got hooked up to front those Cornwalls. Tubes? Solid-State? playing CD's? Vinyl? Got a music server with serveral thousand tunes at your fingertips? After all, you gotta be feeding them something, otherwise they would be just glorified plant-stands or end-tables. Will also be curious to hear your thoughts, especially compared to the mighty KLF-30s (you want to talk about a ROCK-n-ROLL speaker!). Also curious as to how your musical tastes run. Jazz? Classical? Good'ol fashioned rock-n-roll, or even like me, who is a serious metal head (but with a strong classical streak - funny how one evening, I'll be at the symphony enjoying a spectacular performance of some piece, but the next, at the local heavy metal club head-banging away with the rest of 'em!)

They are hard to compare for two reasons. One, it has been prolly a couple years since i listened to the KLF30s and second, i'm new at this and I really don't know the right termonology to express what i hear. With that being said the 30's are straight up rock and roll speakers. At higher volumes they sounded a little more barbaric than the Cornwalls. In my opinion the cornwalls sound more life like. last night i was listening to a Linda Ronstradt LP and my wife turn to me a said, "it sounds like she is singing right in our living room". But all in all, both sound great. If i had to choose, i would pick the cornwalls.

Welcome Stockholm650, good to have you back as part of the Klipsch family. It sounds like your wife enjoys the cornwalls too, that is a good thing! Do you think she would like a pair of tube amps also? [^o)] LOL Stick around for a while and you'll be asking her the same question! [:P]

Dennie

With that being said the 30's are straight up rock and roll speakers. At higher volumes they sounded a little more barbaric than the Cornwalls.

Now that's something I didn't expect. I don't have a lot of seat time with Cornwalls but they were/are a thought of getting a pair of CW-III's and reassigning my 20's to my study.

Yeah, She likes listening music just about as much as i do. The other night i asked her if she wanted to rent a movie and she replied with ,"let's go to the record store". I can't complain. The connection to Sweden is family heritage.

I am in Love! Does she have a Sister?????

Dennie [;)]