DEEP PURPLE

BigStewMan

Taking a trip down memory lane. I remember way back when having the albums Machinehead and Burn; but, I'd forgotten how good these guys were. That song Lazy is totally awesome! As I write this I'm listening to-- Come on, Come on, Come on...Space Truckin

Any other Deep Purple fans in the forum? I've talked to many of you before, so I'm not afraid of "dating" myself. I lived in the greatest decade of Rock-n-Roll and I don't think I'll ever tire of listening to the rock of the 70s.

I'm Deafinitely IN. DP, Blackmore, Rainbow, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover (Elements), Jon Lord (Windows and Geminii), Glenn Hughes/Trapeze- I collect them all!

Saw the reunion show here in 85 in MSA and met Glenn Hughes at a Tommy Bolin Archives concert in Denver Co. Great fellow!

Always liked the Fireball and WDWTWA albums from the olden days. Recently I'm favoring Abandon and Battle Rages On.

Michael

Anytime I've got a DP fan over I have to put on the dvd-audio version of Machine Head.It sounds so fresh and dynamic you could really believe you are right there with em' listening for the first time.

I've been buying some of the remasters/reissues on CD. Roger Glover was making a point of releasing them on the 25th anniversaries of the original release date. I have:

DP

Book Talisyn

Shades of

Fireball (with outakes including The Noise Abatement Society and other remixes of album track)

Machine Head (double disc with remasters and remixes- different guitar solos)

Made in Japan (features all three nights-3 shows on 3 discs)

"Highway Star" belongs on every driving/road tape out there. "My Woman from Tokyo"and "Hush" are part of the soundtrack of my youth. If possible they were actually an underated band, far superior musically than other heavy metal bands that were accorded more acclaim.

I always loved "Child in Time" too and "Space Truckin". Seems a band I played in long ago played "Pictures of Home".

Ahhhh, the days when you were dumb enough to actually load a Hammond B-3 in a van. Leslie and all.

Somewhere I have a solo Ian vinyl album "Child in Time" I'll have to dig out.

Has anybody seen the DVD Gillian's Inn? In April 2006 Gillan released a CD/multimedia project to document his 40-year
career called Gillan's Inn. Tony Iommi, Jeff Healey, Joe Satriani, Dean Howard, as well as current and former members
of Deep Purple such as Jon Lord, Roger Glover, Ian Paice, Don Airey and Steve Morse are featured on this 2006 CD and DVD. The project includes a re-recorded selection
of his Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and solo tracks.

I might have to hunt that down.

Thanks for the reminder....

Okay I'm not done. This got me ponderin ....

1968, I am sure, since I had no alcohol/drugs in my body to impair long-term memory formation, being about 12 years old and all, that my 3 favorite songs were -

Heavy Music - Seger
Journey to the Center ... - Amboy Dukes
Hush - DP

Uh huh, I'm pretty sure bout that.

Those probably had replaced

Snoopy and the Red Barron
Along Comes Mary
Possibly something by the monkees

Yes, I led a sheltered life until I fell off the cliff of nomalicy and created my current state of self delusion.

Then I found

The Who
Zep
Floyd

And eventually KHorns.

Okay done now.

Those probably had replaced

Snoopy and the Red Barron
Along Comes Mary
Possibly something by the monkees

Yes, I led a sheltered life until I fell off the cliff of nomalicy and created my current state of self delusion.

Then I found

The Who
Zep
Floyd

And eventually KHorns.

Okay done now.

Don't feel bad--nothing wrong with a little Royal Guardsmen in your past--I, too, had the Snoopy-vs-Red Baron album. And, I had most of the Monkees albums too; in fact, i have about 20 Monkees songs in my itunes library. If you want a trip down memory lane, listen to Tapioca Tundra--a Mike Nesmith song--not ashamed to say I like that song a lot. As i said my favorite Deep Purple song is Lazy--that tune is so addicting. Great job on the keyboards--yes, i'm giving credit to someone other than Rick Wakeman for a change (although RW remains the best!)

My favorite of the DP catalog is Made In Japan, but the Anniv Edition of Fireball is excellent. Kind of lost track of them after Ian Gillan left,

and after Burn came out, didn't really care too much for the Coverdale era. However, I have managed to rack up a pretty good collection.

NP - Roxy Music - Country Life

My favorite song by Deep Purple is "When a Blind Man Cries".

Now you know the secret behind my user name.

EMI/Electrola catalogue # 1 C 188-94 865/66

Made in Germany

Purple Records, Ltd.

Deep Purple Mark I&II

composed by: Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice 1972

"If you're leaving close the door.
I'm not expecting people anymore.
Hear me grieving, I'm
lying on the floor.
Whether I'm
drunk or dead I really ain't too sure.

I'm a blind man, I'm a blind man and my world is pale.
When a blind man cries, lord, you know there ain't no sadder tale.

Had a friend once in a room,
Had a good time but it ended much too soon.
In a cold month in that room
We found a reason for the things we had to do.

I'm a blind man, I'm a blind man, now my room is cold.
When a blind man cries, Lord, you know he feels it from his soul.
"