OT , your late night dinner or snack concoction

sunburnwilly

OK , so I work evenings and rarely eat on a normal for most people schedule . I figured that since I am not the only night owl here maybe this could be a thread that some of you could sink your teeth in .

Show or tell us about your late night dinner or snack concoction .

Being the good host that I am I'll start . Leftovers from last nights dinner . Porterhouse with potato , turnip , carrot , celery , onion , mushroom and jalapeno pepper hash 3 egg frittata . Finished with mozzerella cheese and a drizzle of ketchup and Texas Pete . Washed down with a glass of Black Box shiraz and a Budweiser . Pretty tasty if I do say so myself .

So , what say you my fellow night owls ?

post-18289-13819476395714_thumb.jpg

Kinda depends on the situation for me....

Last weekend I went to a race with some friends who race dirt track motorcycles. Typically, the racing ain't over until midnight, so by the time we load the bikes and all the pit gear back into the trailer it can be 1:00am or later. Last weekend it was almost 2:00am before we headed back. For this scenario there is but only one choice - good 'ol Waffle House. Bacon/cheese omlette with hash browns scattered/smothered/covered. Ahhhh yes, can feel my cholesterol rise as we speak.

If I'm at home and can't sleep, it's the trusty stand-by of some sort of chocolate and milk in a frozen glass.

If I've come home from a night of celebrating, a pie tin of Tostitos (round chips) covered with grated cheese & jalapenos then placed under the broiler will kill the appetite.

Tom

Another jug of wine!

No not really (well maybe some times) but for me it's just a question of rooting around in the cabinets and fridge and seeing what I can concoct. I usually stay away from hot food late at night and never caffeine (unless it's chocolate) although sometimes something might go in the microwave.

God, if all these food threads keep on coming, I'm not going to be able to move.

Best bachelor midnight meal ever created:

1 can Hypower Hot Tamale's

1 can Armor star chili w/beans

1 tbs. chili powder

1 diced white onion

shredded mexican blend cheese/or cheddar cheese

taco sauce

Jalapeno's to taste.

Cooking instructions:

Place 10" saucepan on stove, heat to medium.

dice onion/slice onion, hell throw the dam.n thing in whole.

open can tamale's, dump into pan, pull off papers.

Open can chilli, dump over onions and tamale's.

lid concoction and wait for bubbles.

shake at least a tablespoon of chili powder over pan, more for taste.

spread cheese over concoction, lid and wait for cheese to melt. Better grab a plate now, won't take long (only because the dam.n pan is too hot to set on your lap while you watch old UFC videos.

once cheese is melted, dump pan onto plate, add taco sauce to taste, and enjoy......

P.S. make sure you blow the first few bites to avoid blisters on your tongue.......

Tomorrow morning, make sure the bathroom is available[:$]

Same as every night:

3 scoops Casin protein powder blend (dymatise elite if anyone is interested)

1/2 cup raw oats

1 tbsp flax seed

1/4 cup skim milk

ice water

blend in a blender and voila!!!

Very close to the smoothies I occasionally make except I use whey protien powder and soy milk .

Got home at 12:30 am tonight so nothin' fancy . Burger with provalone cheese , jalapenos , onions , spicy mustard and mayo . Served with Orida Zesties fries and washed down once again with Black Box shiraz and a Budweiser . Caligula seems to approve [Y].

post-18289-13819476404868_thumb.jpg

Since I almost always exercise at night I usually have a glass of milk mixed with a teaspoon of glutamine powder an hour before I exercise. Sometimes I'll have a couple whole wheat crackers with peanut butter on them. After I exercise I have a few glasses of water mixed with a big scoop of fruit punch flavored creatine.

Eliminating eating after 7pm was one of the big factors to me losing 35 pounds in a month and a half. I used to eat an entire meal or down half a bag of potato chips at 10pm. I still get hungry late in the evenings and generally I just drink water.

Probably not the suggestions you were looking for, but oh well. [;)]

Best bachelor midnight meal ever created:

1 can Hypower Hot Tamale's

1 can Armor star chili w/beans

(snip)

spread cheese over concoction, lid and wait for cheese to melt. Better grab a plate now, won't take long (only because the dam.n pan is too hot to set on your lap while you watch old UFC videos.

once cheese is melted, dump pan onto plate, add taco sauce to taste, and enjoy......

P.S. make sure you blow the first few bites to avoid blisters on your tongue.......

Tomorrow morning, make sure the bathroom is availableEmbarrassed

That sounds kinda close to another quickie dish I make.

- Heat up one can of Chili with beans

- On a plate, place a handful or so of Fritos original corn chips (amount is up to you)

- Pour heated up chili on top of Fritos

- On top of chili put shredded cheese (your choice), shredded lettuce, jalapenos, salsa, sour creme

EAT!!

Tom

Same as every night:

3 scoops Casin protein powder blend (dymatise elite if anyone is interested)

1/2 cup raw oats

1 tbsp flax seed

1/4 cup skim milk

ice water

blend in a blender and voila!!!

Very close to the smoothies I occasionally make except I use whey protien powder and soy milk .

I use whey during the day, but there is something about Casin protein that "turns the body off" =and helps you sleep and your body to repair....whey charges you up....

I read the tech stats from a few different sources....maybe its a placebo effect but i do feel the difference.