RIP Michael Jackson

Woodog

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money does not provide a get out of jail card up there.

That is presupposing that he hadn't made peace with God before his death. The physical condition of his heart we can know; but, the spiritual condition of his heart was only known by he & God.

Amazing talent.

My personal faves were pre Thriller, though that was great.

Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) and Blame it on the Boogie. I was wearing out those two DJing for HS dances.

It's been sad, strange and scary to see him in a downward spiral the last couple of decades. Haven't known what to make of what has been going on with him.

RIP

Amazing talent.

My personal faves were pre Thriller, though that was great.

Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) and Blame it on the Boogie. I was wearing out those two DJing for HS dances.

It's been sad, strange and scary to see him in a downward spiral the last couple of decades. Haven't known what to make of what has been going on with him.

RIP

Not a fan as well but most of his recordings that I have heard sound fantastic . Peace at last MJ .

• Moderators

Michael Jackson was a master at his craft, whether we liked his style or not. Thriller was one of the most, if not the most popular album of all time.

Most of you that know me at all are aware that I have issues with his personal lifestyle. That being said, we cannot know a person's heart. I pray the demons that tormented Michael Jackson during his life on earth, will not follow him in death.

"There are reports ... Michael Jackson may have died after getting a Demerol injection.

The Sun is reporting shortly after the injection, Jackson's breathing got "slower and slower until it stopped.""

Most 50 year old men don't have 'personal physicians' who regularly shoot them up with pain killers. Hope this guy serves time if it turns out that enabled Mike for years and administered an injection that stopped his heart. Shades of the other King here. Fame takes it's price once again.

In the early 80's I worked at a local stereo (among other depts) store. There was this guy in his early 20's that took 3 city busses from across town just to come to my store to listen to "Billie Jean" play through some 901's and a Carver M1.5t amp (lord knows they needed it).

...........................but for the man, he will be meeting his maker, and he better be prepared. Money does not provide a get out of jail card up there.

I hope they locked up all of the cherubs before he got there.

.....sorry

Suicide by doctor – that’s good, includes Elvis Rich people are surrounded by those who pander to them, with too much medical attention and drugs

I was hoping one more awesome meg-hit album would redeem the sick f**K

The bass on his awesome Thriller album moved me from Fulton bookshelf speakers to Cornwalls, then solid-state, then tubes and Khorns….

No questing the talent factor. I - like everyone else- bought Thriller and played it many times- great Party album. Then when the awful stories began to surface I got rid all my MJ music. Did not want it around anymore. Another case of having money giving one the right to do anything they wish above the law. In this case- pretty creepy.

Looks now like I should have kept the vinyl.

Islander and Old Enough - thank you for your mature points of view.

And before anyone lets go a salvo in my direction, I try to stay clear of moral judgement on threads like this. I'm not defending any actions MJ may or may not have taken during his lifetime.

That is presupposing that he hadn't made peace with God before his death. The physical condition of his heart we can know; but, the spiritual condition of his heart was only known by he & God.

You speak the truth, BigStewMan. Thank you and amen.

My wife was a huge MJ fan in her younger days, and remained faithful until the evidence of his misconduct and "weirdness" became overwhelming. Still, the day after he died it kind of hit her. She was very blue all day yesterday.

I feel bad for him and his family though I was never a huge fan. Having said that, I will confess to thinking he was one really cool and good-looking dude back in the "Off The Wall" days. Wouldn't we all have liked to be that good lookin' and have those moves and that voice, and all that attention of the ladies?

After the news of his passing at such a relatively young age set in, I felt older and more vulnerable than I did before.

FAILED- guilty as charged- I think that this one goes way beyond moral posturing. Having a discussion about MJ without these issues coming up is like having a discussion abut Michael Vick strictly as a football player forgetting that he was a dog killer. Challenging at best. I thought all of the the posts here were prety tame in the grand scheme of events. In any case -I apologize to anyone who was offended by my posts. I am leaving this thread to those who think otherwise. Bad monkey- Off to time out(with a cold beer)