Cornman the Scrouge

Cornman

I have reposted these comments here as well as in the Garage so as to assure everone interested sees it.

Ok guys, I did not have internet acess this weekend, & I just saw
all the controversy regarding sale today. This subject has been hotly
debated here before & proably will return again. In the intrest of
good will with all, & hopes that I am not perceived as some Scruge
who is out to scalp ever one I woud like to state this deal as I see it.

First
off & formost there was complete diclosure. I told the story of the
thrill & excitmenet (& work) & cost in procuring the
Lascala's. All so note in the originall post "I took a chance in buying
because I could not hear them play.These could have easly turned into a
bottomless money pit of repairs. As it turned out I only had to replace
a diaphram in one tweeter, which I did myself. I also patched a few
holes some one had placed in the cabinet.So I had $200.00 invested +
$30.00 diaphram & assorted types of labor. If I had not disclosed
my purchase price I doubt there would have been any grumbling, because
as best I can tell $400.00 is a very good price as the new owner (Steve
- Maxsdad) stated in this thread If Steve had of passed these there
were 3 other partys waiting for an opporyunity to buy. So in the end
most items will only bring what the maket will bear.I woud never ever
miss represent an item I have for sale & that is all I have asked
from various folks on ths forum that I have purchased from. I never
thought or asked what a seller had payed for there sale item. My only
consern was it a fair market price & as described.

The
purchase of the Lascalla's allowed me to personally compare (Priceless)
there sound to my Cornwalls. And yes Colter I do love all things
Klipsch, but unlike you I do not have the space or enough money to
afford to keep a collection. The profit that was made went right back
into this hobby (New caps in my Bat amp.)

So, have no fear of the Cornman. I will never miss lead or intenionally do any one harm. [:D]

Cornman

You sold a pair of industrial LaScalas for $400. I can find no fault in that.

The buyer was happy enough to make the purchase. It would have been tempting for me, too.

Don't sweat it that some forum members might begrudge the financial details of the two transactions. (when you came to posession and then sold) Heck, we have forum members who find vacuum tubes and amps dumpster diving. No one expects that they be given away upon resale.

If anyone should count their time and effort as worth anything reasonably substantial, you'd have gone in the hole at this price.

I'm glad you are part of this forum. I'd be pleased to do business with you anytime.

I second Daddy Dee's comments. You sold a pair of speakers for a very fair price and no-one can ask more than that. The price you paid is irrelevant. If you had got them for free, would someone expect you to give them away? Not likely, especially after you had to go get them and put in some parts and labour as well.

$75 La Scalas, horribly dinged (think square inches of plywood outer veneer missing,) covered with lumpy black paint, and terribly mis-wired (two drivers in each were out of phase, hence the price.) Sold for $500, delivered from S.E. Mass to New Hampshire on Easter day, and the buyer was thrilled to have such a supurb sounding set of speakers at that price for his (sizable, according to him) home gym.

None of the above has been witheld from this community (or the buyer for that matter) and I bear no shame.

That said, I don't think anyone bears any grudge for not sharing a windfall... Sounded like (reasonably) good-natured ballbustin to me! Had they been mint LS or Ks, acquired for free and sold for $1000 (or $2000 respectively) to a forum member then people might have cause grumble!

I hear ya. I have an amp that I don't even want to post in the Garage Sale for fear of being tar'd and feather'd. $400 La Scala's can't go wrong there.

The big most important question is how was the cap upgrade on your VK60. That is a classic.

I hear ya. I have an amp that I don't even want to post in the Garage Sale for fear of being tar'd and feather'd. $400 La Scala's can't go wrong there.

The big most important question is how was the cap upgrade on your VK60. That is a classic.

Hey Seti, C'mon give us the heads-up on the amp you wanna sell.[:D]

Hey Seti, C'mon give us the heads-up on the amp you wanna sell.Big Smile

Last week I sold my Electro Voice Aristocrats which were back loaded horns on Craigslists for $150. They sold in under 2 hours and went to a great home.

You still did not tell Oldenough what amp your selling! To busy bragging about that Aristocrat sale I see[:P]

Cornman is a straight up dude and I can tell you from my own experience I got my Indy Las cabs for free from Queman but it required picking them up in the Scottsdale Az. area and getting them back to Little Rock. $900.00 in parts (Daddy Dee, Joe Sportster and Michael Crites) and I'm rocking a nice old pair or according to IB Slammin' a pristine pair[:D] Doubt I would ever let the babies go for less than $1200.00 and I consider that reasonable and fair so Cornman's were a straight up bargain for whoever[Y]

New caps in the VK-60 eh, do tell?????

Honest deal. Honest guy. Honest buyer.

Honestly, I have no idea why anyone would find any objection, especially when so many get there nose out of joint when I dare question the bonifides of some of the pure peddlers that show up in the Garage section.

Honest deal. Honest guy. Honest buyer.

Honestly, I have no idea why anyone would find any objection, especially when so many get there nose out of joint when I dare question the bonifides of some of the pure peddlers that show up in the Garage section.

I gotta be honest with ya Thebes, I agree.