Anyone ever carry a pair of Klipschorns in the back of a Ford Escape?

pmsummer

I just made the trip to Detroit for two. I don't think it can be done, even if you take the grills and tops off you still need a place to store them. Hindsite I wish I would have rented a uhaul, it would have saved Neal and his son a lot of work [;)]. They are much bigger than they look.

Tom

I have carried two complete K-horns in a 4Runner on a few occasions. It took me some time to come up with the method as it was like a puzzle, but I eventually found a way to make it work and was even able to keep the front seat available. The photo below shows how I did it. The was the only way I could get it to work. Bass bins had to go in first face-to-face, top hats had to go in last exactly as they are positioned. All of this of course was specific to the 4Runner and would vary by automobile, but I never thought I would be able to get two K-horns to fit and still have room for another passenger in front!

Picture-171-small.jpg

When I picked up the pair you see here, the guy told me after I got them loaded that when he saw me pull up in a 4Runner he never thought I'd be able to get them both in. And there was still enough room for my wife to ride back home with us as well. [:D]

And there was still enough room for my wife to ride back home with us as well. Big Smile

Good thing! Otherwise it'd be a new twist on an old punchline! "Wanted: A pair of Klipsch Klipschorn® Corner Horn speakers for my wife." [;)]

WOW! How did you hold the one when putting in the other?

JJK

I happen to be a magician!

Ok ok, I just leaned one speaker on the side of the vehicle while sliding the other one along side of it. When it's that tight of a fit, you don't really have to worry about holding them up, you just have to be carefull not to scratch them up.

Thanks JMON, that info will come in handy sometime. I'm sure my buddy VideoGuy will have to buy a pair of KHorns one of these days (he'll say I made him do it).

We once fit 4 Chorus IIs, 6 KG 1s, a KLF-C7 (boxed), and a small 5.1 non-Klipsch set in the back of my Trooper. It was tight, but we had measured before the roadtrip and had a pretty good idea it would all fit.

My Trooper is also known as the KRV (Klipsch Recovery Vehicle).

Regards,

Art

i put a pair in back of a ford explorer sport (which was the predecessor to the escape) i and the wife in the front seats did roll forward in back, and front seats were puushed full forward uncomfortable ride but they did fit, they were dismantled and the 2 bass bins situated first in was face down, and number 2 was set beside it front facing up so they were kinda interlocking then just set the tops in where they would fit, grills are easy always seems to be a small opening for those, if memory serves i had to tie the rear gate it would not latch closed

Joe

Easy! - I fit a pr of Khorns, some Marantz gear (model 10 tuner, 2 model 15 amps, 7t preamp), and my friend Bob in a Toyota RAV4. We were also given a big TEAC R2R deck but couldn't find a safe spot for it. Everything made it from DC to his home A-OK but I couldn't see through the rear-view mirror which can be a bit disconcerting on the DC and B'more loops. I think we stood the bass bins up and the tops fit nicely behind them on their faces. Have fun!

We were also given a big TEAC R2R deck but couldn't find a safe spot for it.

I think that would have gone on Bob's lap.Cool

That would've been the only place that it'd fit - Bob's R2R days are behind him but he offered anyway and believe me...I considered it but the TEAC was truly big and weighed over 50lbs. It would've been too heavy and possibly painful a few minutes up the road (and home was over an hour away). I figured the deck was better off with the seller than deserted on the side of the road. I thought about making another trip down and the gentleman offered to send it up with his nephew in a couple of weeks but nothing ever panned out..oh well.