I'm gettin' excited...

Marvel

My girlfriend is currently teaching English in China, and we haven't been together since last August when we traveled to Ireland. I'm going to meet up with her in Hong Kong on her birthday this October. This was taken in HK in 2007, from Victoria Peak.

Things are happening, and we are starting the visa process to get her over here. Did I mention we are both pretty excited?

Bruce

post-7149-13819487770136_thumb.jpg

geez, you havent seen her for almost a year, how do you do it.. i will be going crazy and will definitely have my moments. I'm sure October will be one fantastic month for you both.. i dont think you will be doing much sight seeing in Hong Kong [:D] [{][}] [Y]

My girlfriend is currently teaching English in China, and we haven't been together since last August when we traveled to Ireland. I'm going to meet up with her in Hong Kong on her birthday this October. This was taken in HK in 2007, from Victoria Peak.

Things are happening, and we are starting the visa process to get her over here. Did I mention we are both pretty excited?

Bruce

Bruce,

I thought that was your daughter..........[:o] Good luck!

Bruce,

I thought that was your daughter..........Surprise Good luck!

lol, she is a bit older than my daughter. [:#] But I will be the gentleman and not give her age.

Do I hear wedding bells?

Where's the reception gonna be? Gotta start planning where to set up the sound system. Stick out tongue

We are hoping so, since she will be arriving on a fiancee visa. The process is 8-10 months or more.

Let's see... we met over 2 1/2 yaers ago, and chat online with video and audio between 2-4 hours a day. Send text messages back and forth, talk on the phone... We've traveled to be together three times so far, and this October will be the fourth. So... yes, we are very serious about each other. It's been a blast going to other countries, seeing how they live. The Euro was killing me on the last trip when we met in Ireland, but they are hurting right now.. Asia and China are CHEAP! You can live comfortably in the Philippines for about $12k a year. We would both rather live here, but we don't know what the future holds...

Nice shot of Kowloon accross the bay. Was that taken from the top of HK Island?

Taken atop Victoria Peak, looking back across to Kowloon. I was amazed at how clean the city is and how well the transportation system runs. I could live there in a heartbeat. Here's the wider shot I took...I wish I had a filter on this, but it was my little pocket camera.

post-7149-13819487882696_thumb.jpg

USCIS forms... and fees! Today I mailed off a thick packet, with an I-129F. A petition for my gf to be able to apply for a fiancee visa. Now we have an 8-10 month wait. We are both pretty d@mn excited about this. I was starting to obsess over all the details, but knew I just had to get things rolling. [:D] I am actually pretty sure that everything is in order, but it all depends on who you get to adjudicate the first part of the process. They have been known to ask to see the information you already sent in...

Bruce

Bruce, I hope the process goes smooth and quickly for you.

a friend of mine from my coast guard days, meet a filipino lady that was working in China. After a few years of corresponding via phone calls, emails, then web camera conversations--they fell in love. They are now happily married and living in Fort Wayne. But, he told me the process to get her over here legally took a couple of years. He had to jump through hoop after hoop. I live in Southern California and work in an area of very high illegal immigrants living/working there. seeing that everyday and seeing the frustration in my friend as he was doing things the legal way, was upsetting.

But, their day finally came. She is here legally, they are married, and they are very happy. So, don't get discouraged my friend. Keep on top of things though. I sure hope it all goes well for you. --steve--

...But, he told me the process to get her over here legally took a couple of years. He had to jump through hoop after hoop.

A couple of the other Filipinas I know who were also working in China as English teachers, had a pretty quick process, averaging about 10 months. In their favor, they have all been going to the western U.S., and the California Service Center seems to process a bit faster than the one in Vermont where I had to send my forms.

It's now a hurry and wait... [*-)]

Bruce