PEEEEEEEPS!!! I Miss My Klipsch Men!

meagain

I'm BAAAACK.. Missing all you wonderful Klipsch peeps. And um.... Missing my stereo and ready to do some sprucing to get music back in the house! (Do I hear a collective sigh?) :)

Hope everyone is well. Anyone want to give me a cliffnotes version of what's been happening the last 7-8 months?

Anxious to see what Deano is working with, and whatever happened to the BEC horn creations, and Mark's & oh so much to learn.

OK - Now where's my BFF Craigers? ;p

Hey Lisa.

You haven't missed a thing. Mark retired and spends his days discussing politics on other forums. Dean has bought, dismantled and sold 16 different pairs of speakers over the past year. Craig moved to the country and isn't heard from much anymore. We still argue over which upgrades sound best. About a dozen of us (including me) have lost our jobs recently and speaker prices are at an all-time low. If you're ready to get back in the game and have some expendable cash, look around for a deal. There are plenty!

Welcome back.

...and let's not forget GotHover's Fastrac horns which are a drop in tractrix replacement on the LaScala's k400's, nor his very nice aluminum motorboard with transition, with design help from Al K. Oh, and Al posts once in while now - nice to see him on the forum again.

..AND Greg's V-Trac offerings for the K-Horn top hat, including a tractrix with 2" throat.

So some very nice upgrades are being offered thanks to the efforts of our fellow forum members.

Are you SERIOUS? Mark retired? I'm stunned. I'm looking at the site right now. :( Maybe this will change at some point? Gosh - I sort of wanted to swap out my original Peach faceplate for the black one. And look into any other mods available. :o What a shame.

I assume Craig moved to Northern Michigan where he told me he wanted to be some day. I wanted to talk to him about my VRDs. I'm at his site now and see he's still going to be 'working'. But yipes.

Sorry to hear people lost their jobs. :( Does this mean Dean doesn't have Jubes anymore?

There's an Image S4i for the iPhone coming soon..... $100 MSRP. I think you wanted an Image X10 (the original IMAGE) for the iPhone. Maybe time to start begging in the Headphones section. Professor Thump has been busy.

Welcome back!

Hi Lisa & welcome back!

Regarding the blac face for your Peach...you might contact Mark. He had a couple extras (maybe only one for all I know) but...I sent my Peach back to him and he changed it over to the black face. I also nabbed his last Walnut dovetailed case although it's still in the box in the closet [:$]

Dean has indeed, sold his Jubilees. Though Craig has still never heard them, he's turned his tune around and is now telling everyone how they are the most fanstastic things on planet earth... [^o)]

Trust me... would I lie to you? [:|] [:^)] [bs]

(true story on Dean. His Jubilees are now in Oak Forest, near you!)

Hey, Lisa: What's shaken? I happen to be driving up to Craig's tomorrow to pick up my EICO ST70 that he just finished rebuilding fo me. I'll let him know you're back and maybe he'll log on and give you a shout?

Silversport is correct: There wasn't an "Official" pilgrimage this year, but there was still a nice one hosted by IndyKlispchFan (Roger) and Michael Colter. Klipsch even invited us over on Friday to share in one of their employee appreciation days, complete with a tour, auditions and beer. On the Saturday, we set up a pair of Colter's huge MCM systems in a city park to allow young musicians from the Indianapolis area to come and play like the big rockers do. The show ran from 11 am until 7:30 pm straight and some of the groups were actually pretty good. We were all really pooped after the teardown.

For photos and a full report, please refer to my thread: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/121051.aspx

Welcome back! -Glenn

No Pilgrimage this year. But Colterphoto1 and Indyklipschfan had their own Indyfest09 that included an afternoon tour with Professor Thump at Klipsch headquarters along with some free brews, sodas, and elephant ears as they were celebrating something...

Got a demo of a smallish Energy 5.1 system though was hoping for the comparably priced ($500) Klipsch HD 500 (something like that) and I forget all what else except a 7.1 demo of the new Theater HD (or whatever it's called) using a full Palladium setup. STUNNING. I've determined that I'm now a Jane Monheit (spelling?) fan.

Back to Indyfest09. Michael provided sound for TAMF09 (Teen Arts And Music Festival 2009) in Broadripple park.

A completely Klipsch (except for 1 large JBL horn with a K-69 driver per side) that was incredible.

MCM stacks (minty and totally refurbished), the aforementioned K-69 on the large JBL horn, 2 pair of KP362, a pair of KP682 (?) with power out the wazzoo... and Klipsch monitors.

I think Jim Hunter had a big smile on his face when I saw him listening.

Professor Thump helped Michael get his PA up and running as well as some help from Customsteve01 with roadie assistance provided by Frywr, Nola, Customsteve01, Picky and Verna, myself, and I'm sure a few others. Michael also provided a small KP250 based rig for the small "acoustic" stage where I spent most of the day.

I think the first band up was a bunch of 15 year olds that had never played together in public ... and they were at least pretty good. Some where VERY GOOD. Frist gig and I'm sure the most KICK ARSE and best sounding rig many will get to play through for a long, long time and maybe the best sounding they'll ever get to use.

All the details here including the people I didn't include above .... http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/116595.aspx

blsamuel - Yes, I heard about the S4i. I did buy the X10 last year or so and still wish I could send it in for the switch/mic slapped on it. I have the 3GS iPhone now.
I bought my hubby the Custom 3's but he keeps stealing my X10's constantly. Takes them on biz trips for a week, etc. I DO wish Amy would again post another "big sale" on the things so I can get him his own X10's. I wonder what the weight of that S4i is and the actual size. Not sure how it would work with the light X10's but boy - to have that feature would be kick!

Coytee - Hugs! :) How does the black face work for you in comparison? I already have the Walnut case so that's a good start. Maybe I need to email Mark quickly. Did you tweak it in any other way? I recall Mark had some mods available last I checked.
NOT HAPPY about Dean selling the Jubes. I might've had a go at them. What an opportunity. And further annoying that they went to someone so close to me. God I wish someone would've emailed me.

So far this thread is a big "bag of hurt".

Picky - Yes, Please tell my BFF Craigers I said Hi and I need to hook up with him. I'm sure he'll be very pleased! ;)
I am CRUSHED I missed this Indy bash. I truely hate me right now. I'm a moron for not checking in.

Oldtimer - I basiclaly walked away from my audio stuff when there was a loud buzz/hum not too long after I fired up my VRDs after recapping. I think it's from my Jolida CDP and it was the last straw. Been running the AV receiver just for TV. Haven't sat and listened to music for ?? 1.5 years? 1? IDK, but it's sad. Took care of my last Siamese in renal failure 24/7 for 8 months. Amazing how with care, one can turn around a situation. Best 8 months of his life but he took a very sudden turn. Stuff like that. Slew of unfortunate events and trying to get organized, and moved into other projects too.

I need to read how these Palladiums are doing for folks!