Facebook question

Coytee

I dunno but that guy named tom on myspace is apparently friends with everyone on there, he must be god.

I believe he is the guy that started myspace and just set it up so that he's friends with everyone...

Btw, you can tell facebook to get rid of suggestions by clicking on the "see all" link right below the name shown on the home page. Once there, click on the X next to the name.

just saw that new adam sandler movie Funny People (don't waste your time or money by the way--by far the worst movie i've seen in years!) One of the few funny lines in the movie is where he is doing stand-up comedy for a MySpace event. He's talking about how the people with the most computer friends are the people with fewest real friends. he said of the guy that boasts 10,000 friends..."so what are you doing tonite?" The guy's reply, "I'll probably be home on the computer."

I dunno but that guy named tom on myspace is apparently friends with everyone on there, he must be god.

I believe he is the guy that started myspace and just set it up so that he's friends with everyone...

Btw, you can tell facebook to get rid of suggestions by clicking on the "see all" link right below the name shown on the home page. Once there, click on the X next to the name.

I was joking, I know who he is and what he did

Watch Ninja Cheerleaders and then tell me how bad Funny People is by comparison.  All in the interest of science of course...

that title scares me.

Would it scare you more if I told you Lt. Sulu (George Takei) is in it?

yes, especially if he was one of the cheerleaders.

OMG !!!

Jay , you just freaked me out ! I know Jeremy and have worked with Jeremy . He now manages a body shop a short walk from my house . I'm gonna head down there tommorow and show him this thread . He'll get a kick out of it I'm sure !

Oh no!

Facebook is going to raise our taxes AND take over health care!

Facebook can't invade the wrong foreign countries or run the countries economy into the ground but it is somewhat evil imo. Think of social networking sites like facebook or myspace as the best possible way to research and understand how different groups of people interact for good or evil. Who knows who literally. What happens if you accidentally accepted someone as a friend who is suspected of terrorism or drug running by a gov organization. You are automatically on a list you didn't want to be on. A good friend had something like this happen to him and he will never join a social networking site again. These sites are great for hypothetical conspiracy theories. They are very useful but like everything they can be used for ill will.

Facebook itself is tricky enough, but many of the third-party apps want to see all your info and your friends' info as well. That puts me right off. These "innocuous" little programs all seem to want more info than I feel like sharing.

Facebook isnt the only thing that "polls" our whereabouts and contacts. Recently I have been searching online for cutlery (J.A. Henckels, Wustoff) and now everytime I go to a site like Yahoo, I see a Henckels or Wustoff banner ad. I do not use Yahoo search engine. Prior to my search I never saw these particular banner ads. It is just like the movie Eagle Eye.