New Job for me. I'll be moving back to TEXAS

customsteve01

Well I made it through the first week. I really like the job and its going to be an adventure. I will be in training for the better part of my first year. I head to Oklahoma City on the 21st for a month and then back here till Jan. 12 when I go for another month in OKC.

Its really going to be a change for me to convert my mind over to regulatory compliance when I have had the airline mentality for the past 20 + years.

Just have to keep remembering I am with the FAA and I am here to help you..... lol

Steve

• Moderators

Steve,

Congratulations to you and Caroline! Sorry I didn't say so sooner, seems like there is never enough time in the day.

I hope everything works out just the way you guys want it to. You are both super special people and deserve the best!

So that's it. Sneak out of town in the dead of night without so much as a fare-thee-well. I betcha Caroline put you up to it.

Well it won't work. I'm gonna get me a map of these here Uniteds and I'm pretty sure Texas will be on it. Won't be but awhile or two and I'll be knocking on your door asking what's for supper.

Until then I suppose I have to say for courtesy sake, congratulations on you new job, best wishes etc.. grumble, grumble grumble.

Grumpy Thebes

No state taxes , YEAH !

Don't let that fool you.... they'll get you on the property taxes. Considerably higher here than in Oklahoma anyway, where the do have a state tax. It ends up being a wash.... But at least you won't have to pay taxes on groceries.

• Moderators

Also being this time of year think about how much time you can ride your bike without snow !

One thing about Texas, if you go off the deep end......you Will NOT linger for years on death row ! [:o]

No state taxes , YEAH !

Don't let that fool you.... they'll get you on the property taxes. Considerably higher here than in Oklahoma anyway, where the do have a state tax. It ends up being a wash.... But at least you won't have to pay taxes on groceries.

out here in california, they are trying to tax EVERYTHING--even medical appointment co-payments. As it is now, there are many things that aren't taxed; but, looks like that may change as they try to get out of this deficit. I was paying over $500 per month just in property taxes.

Also being this time of year think about how much time you can ride your bike without snow !

One thing about Texas, if you go off the deep end......you Will NOT linger for years on death row ! Surprise

Two good points,the latter will save a fortune over 30 some years.

Good luck with saving money. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Texas death penalty cases cost more than non-capital cases

... That is about three times the cost of imprisoning someone in a single cell at the highest security level for 40 years. ("Executions Cost Texas Millions," Dallas Morning News, March 8, 1992)