My new company name

greg928gts

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if Garvolti is your last name you should go with it . I mean it may not sound catchy at first but neither did Klipsch , actually Klipsch is still not catchy . I also think it would be a good idea to leave out audio in the name . When I see so and so audio I immediately think electronics , maybe it's just me . Maybe Garvolti Loudspeakers , keeping your name in the mix puts your stamp on the brand .

I think that if Garvolti is your last name you should go with it . I mean it may not sound catchy at first but neither did Klipsch , actually Klipsch is still not catchy . I also think it would be a good idea to leave out audio in the name . When I see so and so audio I immediately think electronics , maybe it's just me . Maybe Garvolti Loudspeakers , keeping your name in the mix puts your stamp on the brand .

Yeah, I hear ya. I don't really even like "Audio" being in the name, but I don't know if "Speakers" or "Loudspeakers" is right either. What if I do get into selling electronics?

Just "GarVolti"? I don't know.

Garvolti is not my last name. Greg A Roberts - Volti means to turn a new leaf.

ViGAR Products Unlimited

Ugggh.

VG Plus

Greg

gAr reminds me of GWAR. People will sign up expecting you to
shoot koolaid out of a cannon while in some sort of 'where the wild
things are' costume.

Of course, there might just be a market for that somewhere. :-)

gRa-volti audio rolls off the tounge a bit better than gAr-volti, and IMO sounds more italian. (understanding, that;s not the goal, but if it's going to sound like something... might as well go for it)

Greg Roberts Audio GRA may also be a prefix, romance-languae wise, meaning 'greater'. (may)

No googling done.

My friend Karl came up with Katahdin Audio Works

I've been thinking about the second part of the name and if I want to use Audio, Stereo, Speakers, Loudspeakers, or nothing, but I hadn't thought about Audio Works. If it's the right name, I think maybe nothing after it. Most of the audio company names I can think of don't use anything after their name.

Came up with Sebago Audio today, another Maine reference, and also Killer Audio, but I soon dismissed that one.

I appreciate all the ideas, no matter how strange they may seem. One of these times, something's going to click.

Greg

Conservation Audio

Tree Hugger Speakers

Cold Dead Hands Audio

Ohm's Lava

Volta Motion

Veneer and Far

Infinite Baffle Audio

Low-End Ecstasy

Cornered Market Audio

5 Watts Up

Tweek Max