How is the center speaker suppose to keep up with the main speakers?

Kain

The max output for the P-27C is 115 dB and the max output for the P-39F is 126 dB (for 2 speakers which means for one speaker it should be 123 dB). So, now we have 115 dB vs. 123 dB. At high volumes, how is the center speaker suppose to keep up the main speakers?

That's not what I meant. I'm talking about the capability of the speakers. The main speakers almost have the ability to play twice as loud as the center speaker. At high volumes, the center speaker is going to run out of steam while the main speakers will have no problem.

Individual drivers are often attenuated so that the FR is flat. My guess is that this is done in Heresy's (and like speakers) so the high efficiency mid/hi horns don't overpower the sealed bass. The lowest efficiency driver sets the overall efficiency. The same concept applies to using multiple speakers.

• Like 1

When you play at 126dB let us know.

I take it you listen to your speakers from 1 meter away.

I sit back 11 feet from my main speakers. Reference level requires you to hit 105 dB on the main channels from your listening position. The max output for the P-39F at 11 feet away is 112.6 dB. This is much higher than the required 105 dB for reference level so I guess they are fine. However, the max output for the P-27C at 11 feet away is 104.5 dB. This is UNDER the required the 105 dB for reference level. Basically, the P-27C can't hit reference level at 11 feet away. Get my point smarty pants?

Get my point smarty pants?

You didn't state you wanted to hit reference level at a particular distance in your first post. Any time you want to put ALL the information needed to answer a question into your question, I'm listening, smarty pants. Get my point, smarty pants? Now rephrase your question, smarty pants.

Get my point smarty pants?

You didn't state you wanted to hit reference level at a particular distance in your first post. Any time you want to put ALL the information needed to answer a question into your question, I'm listening, smarty pants. Get my point, smarty pants? Now rephrase your question, smarty pants.

Go away? LOL, who the hell are you to tell me to go away? You seem to be editing your post multiple times, seems you can't organize your thoughts in one go. How about YOU go away till you know exactly what to say then come back here and post.

I'm just curious, not trying to be smart here....are you looking to actually buy these or are you just wondering?

Just wondering. I used the Palladium speakers because they are the only speakers that have the max SPL listed on the Klipsch Web site. However, I'm sure the same is true for the Reference speakers with the center speakers having a lower max output capability than the main speakers.

• Moderators

I'm sure the same is true for the Reference speakers with the center speakers having a lower max output capability than the main speakers.

Yeah, not sure myself if other systems are the same way. I wonder if sometimes we can get hung up on numbers and not focus on real world scenarios. I've never once thought that the RC-64 had any trouble (at any volume) keeping up with the RF-83's. I assume this would also be true of the Palladiums. They will go loud enough for your ears to bleed. If you need them louder than that...you might want to save up some money for some new ears. [:D]

• Moderators

Go away? LOL, who the hell are you to tell me to go away? You seem to be editing your post multiple times, seems you can't organize your thoughts in one go. How about YOU go away till you know exactly what to say then come back here and post.

No offense to anyone, but that just cracked me up. Let's all try to be civil here. MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY NEW YEAR (note the Merry and Happy). [:P]

I didn't tell you to go away. I suggested you ask a proper question. However, with each post you reveal an inablility to do so. Hence, why should anyone attempt to help you?

My opinion, the best thing you can do is get matching speakers across the front. I don't know their rating but I once had three Academy's. I used one for the center. The store where I bought it said specifically, the Academy was the best center channel I could get for my LaScalas. (I don't know why I didn't think about a third LaScala)

I was NEVER happy with that mismatch. To answer your question on "how does it keep up", in my case, the practical answer is it coudln't and I have since sold the Academy's.

Today, I've got the Jubilees which will be my main left/right. I've got a LaScala for my center however, I'll be modifying the LaScala and putting a K510 on the front of it in lieu of the K400. Mating it with a K510 will allow it to match seamlessly (or as close as I can) with the K402's on each side. If in the future, I put a screen up instead of my TV, I will probably swap the K510 out and go with a K402 so I'll have them three across.

Now... let's everyone sing Kum-By-Ya for today & tomorrow and have a great Christmas!!!

[:D]

Now... let's everyone sing Kum-By-Ya for today & tomorrow and have a great Christmas!!!

[8] kum-by-ya [8] [:D]

i agree, ideally 3 of the same speaker for front stage would be ideal but would totally love to afford 5 belles, heck i would love to afford 1 belle [:'(]

in saying this i have reference speakers and have rc7 with 2 rf35's upfront. i turn the centre down by 1db so not an overkill on mains and to me it sounds unbelievable. though I am using a power amp also which helps.

so yes how is the centre supposed to keep up, i believe by having the best centre you can afford that is preferably timber matched or 3 of the same speaker.. preferably belles [:D]

I used the Palladium speakers because they are the only speakers that have the max SPL listed on the Klipsch Web site. However, I'm sure the same is true for the Reference speakers with the center speakers having a lower max output capability than the main speakers.

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/klipschorn-specifications/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/la-scala-ii-specifications/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/cornwall-iii-specifications/

Looks like all the Heritage series do as well.