How was your 2009 ?

tuned4life

Highs

Finally got my dream Klipsch Heritage system with k horns-Cornwalls- 2 sets of Lascalas and a big stack of amps to. run them

Business rocked after a slow start- I pray that it stays this way

Got a new Tahoe.

Got lots of cool guns

My kids are doing great

Did not lose any family members

Lows

Lost a friend to cancer

lost one helluva bird dog to old age

too busy to enjoy my family and friends

Look foward to the future political landscape with caution- Buying canned food and lots of ammo

I hope we can all revisit this subject this time next year with more highs than lows during 2010.

Still holding out for a turn-around. 3 days left, y'know...

Knees and back feel like Hell. Been toying with upping my life insurance, and making my demise look "unintentional"...I don't think I'm really serious, I just want to be a good provider, which is hard right now, given my extremely physical job/skills (carpentry). I'd be way better off if I lost 80-100 lbs...

Note: Don't worry about ol' fini!!

I must temper these thoughts by saying I have the most beautiful, loving, appreciative wife, and two smart, loving, funny and gorgeous daughters ( 21 & 18 yo). I'd never ever trade them for a good back...

• Moderators

Still holding out for a turn-around. 3 days left, y'know...

Knees and back feel like Hell. Been toying with upping my life insurance, and making my demise look "unintentional"...I don't think I'm really serious, I just want to be a good provider, which is hard right now, given my extremely physical job/skills (carpentry). I'd be way better off if I lost 80-100 lbs...

Note: Don't worry about ol' fini!!

I must temper these thoughts by saying I have the most beautiful, loving, appreciative wife, and two smart, loving, funny and gorgeous daughters ( 21 & 18 yo). I'd never ever trade them for a good back...

Your right, I was lucky enough to meet them and I have to agree there that and more, your a lucky Fini.

Thankfully for me, I've gotten more highs than lows - 2009 overall has been an excellent year for me.

Business is doing EXTREMELY well.

Therefore, had the funds to be able to finally do all these renovations around here that I've been wanting to do - nearly $30,000 worth. The house itself is close to being paid off. Something to be said when I can still live in and enjoy a house that I bought when I was making a third of what I am making now. No mortgage problems here.

Spent an awesome week of skiing at Keystone and Breckenridge in Colorado (this year for 2010, I'll be in Lake Tahoe).

Got to sponser a heavy metal concert - that was totally kick ***!

Got to see plenty of family this summer in Indiana this past July - some of whom I've not seen in years.

Still got both of my parents, thankfully. I love them dearly.

Spent an wonderful Christmas with my brother and his family, then spent a beautiful day of skiing at Seven Springs afterwords.

I figure as along as I got two good legs, I'll be skiing whenever I can.

I just hope the weather that is supposed to be coming through here tomorrow does not turn this area into complete crap, as I'd love to be able to top off the year with spending New Years Eve with some good friends of mine up in PA (and then afterwards - yes - SKIING!)

The only major downside was the loss of my Aunt Susie this past spring. How I so miss her (and my Aunt Shirley that passed way back in 1996, along with my grandparents that I've also lost in the 90s).

I guess the only other bummer is no wife nor kids. After all these years - still single. But at the same time, I actually very much enjoy the independence of not having to deal with or care for kids and whatnot. But who knows, maybe someday, Ms. Right will walk into my life...

I can only pray to God above and be thankful for what I have going thus far. It could all come crashing down so easily these days and I pray everyday that it does not.

SKonopa--sounds like you did have a good year (except for the loss of your aunt). Lost my Mom back in March, so that adds to the mess that this year has been. I'm real glad that things are going well for you--i like hearing good things. If i may ask, what kind of work do you do? Enjoy Tahoe, one of my kids started walking at a cabin in Tahoe. Here's hoping that your 2010 is even better than 2009. Regards, Steve

If i may ask, what kind of work do you do? Enjoy Tahoe, one of my kids started walking at a cabin in Tahoe. Here's hoping that your 2010 is even better than 2009. Regards, Steve

I am one of the senior software engineers at this tiny company that we have here in Virginia. This is one extremely sharp group of folks. I am sometimes in awe at what comes out of there. As to the exact nature of my work, I am not at liberty to say in a public forum (you know, all that top-secret hush-hush crap [;)] ).

When I turned 50 at the beginning of 2009, my father told me not to worry, that his fifties were the best years of his life.

Let's just say that, so far, It's not working out that way for me.

I turned 60 in 2009, and it just keeps getting better and better. Just don't ever give up.

Overall my 09' sucked rocks. My pay was cut 12%, no end of year or Christmas bonus at all, had to take 3 1/2 days unpaid furlough days while my work load literally doubled. I'm usually the jokester of the office but not a lot was coming from me this year.

Given the times I guess the politically correct thing to do would be to be thankful I have a job at all. Sometimes I have a hard time having such a near defeatists attitude like that and I am rarely politically correct anyway. If you saw what I have to live on, paycheck wise, there is no way I could live on my own without my girlfriend's income. Even before all this happened. I ran both the numbers and the logistics and getting any furthur education in the field I finally (after 44 years indecision) chose as a career is not possible.

Sorry for all the negativity.....

This was the best year ever...

1. Amy sent me a new pr of Khorns

2. Business was good so I could actually pay for them.

3. My Dr. found a few easily fixed problems which could have lead to early death or worse --- and we fixed them (please go for those check ups)

4. My business reached new heights for granting micro finance loans. (We are a for profit firm -- but most of the profit is going to charity)

5. We successfully trained our female english bulldog to stop humping visiting freinds

6. A really good passive preamp I thought was broken worked perfectly the last time I plugged it in...

7. I learned how to play squash and tennis with my non dominant hand

8. My last securities audit went well

9. I lost weight

10. I was able to contact a number of lost old freinds