Klipsch Southern Spring Gathering

CIGARBUM

Chris, you have to be here to test the bottle of McCallan 25 I have stashed away, just to make sure it's OK to drink.

Mike, give this to Lee, Get Out Of Jail FREE card, She'll let you come. Picture I took this morning from the front porch, you can just see the top of Chimney Mountain.

post-32367-13819539275018_thumb.jpg

post-32367-13819554727984_thumb.jpg

post-32367-13819567581958_thumb.jpg

Cigarbum, 25 year old Macallan is the finest single malt whisky I have ever had and I have tried more than my share. [;)] You are a most genorous host if you are pouring that for your fellow forumites. The only other beverage I would put in the same league would be the 20 year old Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve bourbon. Good luck with the gathering.

Bruce, are you down/back same day or considering staying the night?

I've been jumping back/forth on if I think I can make it or not. Having driven down/back in the same day once, I'm here to tell you that it's a workout of a drive going through the forrest. Zero time to look at the scenery since there is a hairpin turn in another 200'.

Is anyone bringing something like a K510 (is there an interest in a K510?) I could possibly bring a K402 if some wanted to hear that. Sorry about the bottom half though, they're not terribly mobile.

Give a chance to hear the 402 on the Belle's or other creations, compared to some of the other horns?

Just throwing spagetti on the wall to see if there's any interest.

and the opportunity to listen to a lot of speaker components

Having done this once or twice with some friends, let me maybe remind you that if you add up the components you might want to compare, you can end up with quite a bit of combonations.

Add in appropriate time for some good listening....add in some time to equipment change...add in some time for questions/answers and some side-bar BS moments... heck, maybe add in some time for shooing the bears away? and all the sudden you might find out that you have too much on your plate and too little time.

I don't know what all is on your menu list to compare. I just think if you want to give some deeper comparisons to "this & that" then you might want to make sure the menu isn't too deep. Don't forget the KISS principle.

[:D]

Richard - we could plan one day or two, it is up to you - certainly the drive should be better if we go together? I would love to hear the 402, but without the crossover, it wouldnt work, right?

I ttend to agree we need to keep it simple - but I am really looking forward to the cigars and whiskey as much as the music (of which I will enjoy in abundance)...So I am up for whatever... ;)

Bruce

Richard. There are no "engineered settings" for any of the bass bins at his house. He has dbb's, Belles and Khorns. I believe he also has Cornwalls too. But the only K402 or K510 official "home" settings are with the jubilee, MWM, and la scala (and some more cinema bass bins).

I have the K510's and K402's and love em'....but not sure how too mix them into this gathering with simplicity.

jc

Bob, just on the off chance I get to schedule the trip for training that weekend what is the general cost and availability of lodging around the Helen area during that time frame? Is it busy? How soon does one need to make reservations? Based on what I know very early on, I would be in class Thursday until 5:00 PM or so and would need to fly back NLT Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...