End Of an ERA.

ZAKO

Twistedcrankcammer,,,,, I remember when WalMart,, stated in there ads "made in USA",,, Sam Walton lived only 5 miles from here He wasnt a greedy SOB,,, As far as throwing stones,,It wont be long before we all will be eating stones.

[bs] Sam has been dead since 1992! Rob is responsible for connections with the Clintons, forcing rubermade into bankruptsy because they would not move to China, taking out life insurance as part of the hiring process of any elderly greeters who wanted a job, bringing in more products from China then anyone else in th USA, shutting down more mom and pop stores then anyone else to replace those jobs with more jobs below the poverty level then anyone else in this country, while their family is the richest in the entire world. NO THEY"RE NOT GREEDY.... They have stores in 17 other countries besides the United States, you think they give 2 shites about blue collar workers?? They have caused more harm to the working man then anyone else, and it was by design not accidental. If you knowingly buy foreighn, you are as guilty as those who moved their buisenesses. They did it to make more money, you do it to keep more money in your pocket, but in doing so, you reward those who moved those jobs, and help put american dollars into foreighn dept.

Roger / Gadfly

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you only buy 100% made in the USA with USA materials I suspect you will be walking around barefooted in newspaper diaper.

And again I say, if you bought things outsourced to other countries such as buying from WallMart, that we are as guilty by supporting the manufacturers who moved out as the manufacturers are themselves. It is no different then Nelson Mandella standing up to the oppression in his own country, yet after being released and becoming president, how corrupt was he at his post. Similarly, I state by the act of buying from wallmart, that we have so little consciousness about affecting our fellow countrymen that you would surely do the same and move your own buisenesses, if you had them,to China to put more in your own pocket if you were in the same shoes. It is very easy to speak of being pro USA, it is quite a differant matter to walk in those shoes.

The problem is finding certain products made here now. Like clothing. Check your labels. Maybe this is tmi, but there is underwear in our house made in the usa from way back that still works with elastic that still stretches! We have thrown out newer purchases which have already lost its functionality. Union made in the usa quality versus what I have coined as a generic term "crap from the orient" (not to single out just one other region of the world for the purposes of this discussion.

Well, look at the bright side. Now most of the workers won't have so far to travel to work. [^o)]

(commuting from Mexico to Northridge and back) (its a joke) (ha ha ha)

"That sad situation started back in 2001. I had a bunch of JBL-4311's and 4312's from back in the day. All of the woofer and midrange surrounds had started to detriorate,"

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Studio%20Monitor%20Series/4311B.pdf

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Transducers%20Parts%20List/Transducer%20Parts%20List.pdf

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Transducer%20List/Transducer%20List.pdf

I guess you got the wrong person on the phone, the parts (while expensive) are still available.

Parts list for 4312A:

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Systems%20Reference%20Charts/Studio%20Monitor%20Series.pdf

My point was we don't have the opportunity to buy most things made in the USA, period. I don't care who is selling it. Walmart or whoever. Its all from overseas. Around these parts we don't get a choice of made in the USA on most of the things we buy. Heck, even Captain Ds gets their fish from the middle East now, we asked!

Its all about supply and demand. We demand lower prices and those prices are met by manufacturers in other countrys. Squeal all you want but America has priced itself out of America.

Hand tools: Even alot of Snap On tools now comes from overseas. Go look at Craftsman tools in Sears and check out country of origin. It ain't all Walmart, far from it.

My point was we don't have the opportunity to buy most things made in the USA, period. I don't care who is selling it. Walmart or whoever. Its all from overseas. Around these parts we don't get a choice of made in the USA on most of the things we buy. Heck, even Captain Ds gets their fish from the middle East now, we asked!

Its all about supply and demand. We demand lower prices and those prices are met by manufacturers in other countrys. Squeal all you want but America has priced itself out of America.

Hand tools: Even alot of Snap On tools now comes from overseas. Go look at Craftsman tools in Sears and check out country of origin. It ain't all Walmart, far from it.

We are doomed, and until the whole house of card comes tumbling down (much more than right now) nothing will ever be fixed. Nobody is willing to do anything except try to reap short term benefits.

Look at Japan post WWII. A total mess that caused a major paradigm shift. Made in Japan used to mean the same as "Made in China" does now, but they did move to manufacturing and exporting, now Made in Japan is almost a badge of quality.

And yes, I am just as guilty as everyone else as far as not buying American. Quite honestly, I really do not know what I buy that is American anymore. Food, electricity, water, insurance. Can't really think of anything else, sad very very sad.

Well, look at the bright side. Now most of the workers won't have so far to travel to work. Hmm

Well, it made me laugh out loud!

My BIL, now retired, sold industrial knitting needles (for doubleknits, hosiery, etc.), and over his lifetime he watched textiles in the U.S. parctically disappear. He also had a customer up inthe northeast, who was importing socks from overseas. His customer showed him some, and they were perfect. They weren't samples, but box after box of prefectly made socks. He could import them cheaper than he could make them. He had high quality equipment and skilled employees, but could not compete.

BTW, the knitting needles were made in Germany.

China just passed Germany as the worlds largest exporter.

My point is that it is a FACT!! WalMart imports more goods from China then anyone else does. Who does the most is the most guilty and that IS WalMart.

My second point is that you were probably buying non american before it became hard to do so so you could afford more stuff, and by doing so, you would be just as guilty of greed as those who moved the manufacturing jobs in the first place.

I used to work in a union shop when I was younger, and I saw the membership vote out retiree benifits to keep their own high level of health coverage. Buying cheep goods from oversees has left future generations without manufacturing jobs. In essence you screwed over your grandkids future to pad your own lifestyle with stuff and by saying that America priced itself out of a job is the exact same mentality that those who sit on their duffs and moved those jobs to make more money, because both parties have an inflated estimate of their own self worth in the scheme of things. Just as in if we waved the magic wand to make everything go where it could be made best, your job would not pay what it does.

I do not see how people can be so stupid to not realize that nobodies pay grade is safe because once enough manufacturing jobs go, nobody will be able to pay the inflated market value of the white collar worker and professional job rate.

Roger / Gadfly

That aluminum engine avatar sure is pretty. Where was the ignition system made and where were the electronics sourced?[;)]

How bout the instrument cluster and those related electronics?

"My second point is that you were probably buying non american
before it became hard to do so so you could afford more stuff, and by
doing so, you would be just as guilty of greed as those who moved the
manufacturing jobs in the first place."

My goodness, now you think you know me personally.[8-)] Lets see, I have been to Harbour Freight tools once in the last 3yrs. (they opened one about 45 miles away.) Is that enough to confirm my greed?Oh but wait a minute, I didn't buy anything.

Dangit, I'm sitting here in my underwear and T-shirt. My T-shirt says Carhartt which I thought was USA but nope made in Mexico. Now my underwear is Hanes but no country listed. Pair of Craftsman cutters on my desk, China. 2 flyreels both USA[<:o)] My watch, Japan. I got a Fluke 87V here made in the USA!!! Its all a mixed batch I guess.

And Tropicana orange juice is no longer 100% made in the USA. They also source some of their concentrates from China. McCormick spices also sources many of their ingredients from China. My local supermarket has sweet chili peppers from... you guessed it, China. Read your labels and buyer beware. I don't know, they f---ed up dog food and poisoned baby formula; I wouldn't buy any food product from there, but that's just me.

I believe some of the Union websites still list items made in America. The list gets smaller every year. It's a sad time when we have to hunt for items that are made in our own country. Did'ja ever think what would happen if there was another World War and all our overseas supplies were cut off? Could we survive on the goods made by all the paper shufflers in their corner offices? I think not.

Well Mexicans are people too and they need to eat....

Too true,,,but at the expense of American workers??

So it's better for the Mexican workers to go without jobs? Or pick any country of your choice...

I simply can't agree with the notion that someone is better or more qualified based on where they live, or where they were born.

So then everyone should sell everything and give to everyone ???

If we don't take care of our own who will >>> Mexico ? China ? Japan ?

Add "Once upon a time "

Buy McIntosh!

made in usa is becoming very rare .. I dont know whats happening to this country

Like the Romans did ....Entertain the people... feed them .... then do what you want.

Give me my beer, pizza and the Superbowl... The politicians will look out for my well being....

McIntosh might be assembled here, Klipsch ...Heritage only, Isn't the rest of the stuff made overseas China ????

We should all try very hard to buy American and get tarrifs put on cheap imports supported by other governments.

.... the meds are kicking in again...

bye

Well, look at the bright side. Now most of the workers won't have so far to travel to work. Hmm

Well, it made me laugh out loud!

I thought my comment back on P. 1 was pretty funny. Just want everyone to have a chance to see it...

That aluminum engine avatar sure is pretty. Where was the ignition system made and where were the electronics sourced?Wink

How bout the instrument cluster and those related electronics?

"My second point is that you were probably buying non american before it became hard to do so so you could afford more stuff, and by doing so, you would be just as guilty of greed as those who moved the manufacturing jobs in the first place."

My goodness, now you think you know me personally.Roll-eyes Lets see, I have been to Harbour Freight tools once in the last 3yrs. (they opened one about 45 miles away.) Is that enough to confirm my greed?Oh but wait a minute, I didn't buy anything.

Dangit, I'm sitting here in my underwear and T-shirt. My T-shirt says Carhartt which I thought was USA but nope made in Mexico. Now my underwear is Hanes but no country listed. Pair of Craftsman cutters on my desk, China. 2 flyreels both USAParty!!! My watch, Japan. I got a Fluke 87V here made in the USA!!! Its all a mixed batch I guess.

My orriginal point is aimed at all of us, including myself. People want to complain about american companies rush out of the country, but we are just as guilty and have supported that action by buying cheap products. Until we stop yelling at the companies that bail by stopping on our own foreighn purchases we are just as guilty of it happening and have no buiseness pointing fingers at these companies. It is like somebody protesting hunting and the killing of animals, yet they go to the supermarket and buy meat and pay for someone else to do it, or like buying stolen property and saying I didn't steal it and if I didn't buy it someone else would have. It is hipocritical and shifting the blame from our own responsibility in the matter.

As for the all aluminum 427 SOHC Ford, thanks for the compliment. The ignition will be a new prototype 4 coil ignition with crank trigger and no dizzy all made in the USA. Have not gone as far as instrumentation but may use 1967 OEM Ford with rev limiter in ignition and a shift light. I have been into drag racing for a long time and have yet to see anybody shift a fast car on tach. The main thing a tach is good for is to see how high you were reving when it came apart.

As for me pointing fingers, four of them point back at me when I point my index. I have Nakamichi amplifiers, a micro seiki TT, and I bought my parents Klipsch Reference.

Roger / Gadfly