MET MY HERO TONIGHT

BigStewMan

Brian May, Guitarist for Queen. Shook his hand, talked to him, got an autograph. I'm a huge Queen fan for over 30 years, so this was incredible for me. He is also a Doctor of Astrophysics. I met him at the Griffith Park Observatory in Los Angeles. Sadly, they were very restrictive on camera use--no flash photography except for a brief moment when he was introduced. Before the show, he walked right past me, and I rushed to get my camera for a photo--it came out blurry.

Brian May, Guitarist for Queen. Shook his hand, talked to him, got an autograph. I'm a huge Queen fan for over 30 years, so this was incredible for me. He is also a Doctor of Astrophysics. I met him at the Griffith Park Observatory in Los Angeles. Sadly, they were very restrictive on camera use--no flash photography except for a brief moment when he was introduced. Before the show, he walked right past me, and I rushed to get my camera for a photo--it came out blurry.

Stew,

Did you ask Brian to "ride your bycicle"? Of course you have to be careful these days as I here it can lead to "another one biting the dust", and given the chance, I'm sure he's "gonna get you too", but certainly if Brian was too buisey, you could have found a "fat bottomed girl" to "ride your bycicle" [+o(]

Roger

• Moderators

Stew,

Did you ask Brian to "ride your bycicle"? Of course you have to be careful these days as I here it can lead to "another one biting the dust", and given the chance, I'm sure he's "gonna get you too", but certainly if Brian was too buisey, you could have found a "fat bottomed girl" to "ride your bycicle" Ick!

Roger

[:o] Your just not right, but funny. [;)]

Good deal BSM, that pic is not that bad, looks like he has a glass of milk and is eyeing up that young lady walking with him .

Actually, you know how when you met a real hot chick, you always say something stupid? That's how I was tonight. He's signing an autograph for me, and the conversation goes like this:

Me: Incredible presentation, i really enjoyed it. Thank you for coming.

Brian: (says thank you or glad you liked it). Then reaches out to shake my hand.

Me: I saw you 30 years ago.

Brian: Oh Yeah, where?

Me: You were playing at the Forum.

Brian: Oh, nice.

Me: That was a long time ago.

Brian: Yeah, well...

Then i walk away telling myself, "he's a fricking astrophysicist--he knows how long ago 30 years was." My daughter was right when she told me "you're such a dork."

Don't feel bad. I don't think that was anything to fret about. I'd say on the scale of dumb things said to celebrities by fans, that's pretty close to the bottom.

I had no idea he was that well educated. Something of a renaissance man, eh?

I'd like to see them do an instrumental album. Maybe a progressive-rock kind of thing. I love that old 70's Queen sound, though.

actually, he said that he carried around a stereoscopic camera during all of this Queen days. I'd love to see some 3D concert photos. he said, "maybe another book sometime about that" but, it didn't seem that it was even on his radar at this time.

I had no idea he was that well educated. Something of a renaissance man, eh?

Brian dropped out of his PhD programme when Queen started to become really successful. More than 30 years later, he completed his PhD thesis, with some updates to reflect more recent knowledge, in October 2007.

He officially graduated at the postgraduate awards ceremony held in the Royal Albert Hall on the afternoon of Wednesday 14 May 2008. (from Wikipedia)

very interesting story reading about his Red Special guitar that he built with his dad. spare parts around the house...that DIY project has sure paid off.

That's for sure! However, the guy playing has a lot to do with it. I read an interview with Steve Vai recently, in which he said he met Brian May many years ago and got to play the Red Special. He was surprised and maybe a little bit disappointed to find he still sounded like Steve Vai, not like Brian May.

very interesting story reading about his Red Special guitar that he built with his dad. spare parts around the house...that DIY project has sure paid off.

That's for sure! However, the guy playing has a lot to do with it. I read an interview with Steve Vai recently, in which he said he met Brian May many years ago and got to play the Red Special. He was surprised and maybe a little bit disappointed to find he still sounded like Steve Vai, not like Brian May.

Now that's funny.