Music is my dope

jdm56

Do you ever wonder if some of us become addicted to music? Because it seems to me to have certain drug-like effects. Not necessarily any music on any system, but once a threshold has been reached in terms of how much I like the music and the quality of reproduction, it definitely can do...something, to or for me. And I need my fix almost every day! I crave it and look forward to it. Just the thought of getting home and getting comfortable in the man-cave with some music washing over me...I'm definitely on dope here! But I don't want to get off of it. I just wanna get off on it!

Very true! But unless it is interfering with the rest of your life (work, family, grocery bills) it is ALL good. No side effects. Increased levels of melatonin and serotonin... relaxing you and clearing your thoughts of the day... gotta love it! Gotta have it!

I'm sure we are prolonging our lives, preventing disease, and making ourselves smarter every day!

But unless it is interfering with the rest of your life (work, family, grocery bills) it is ALL good.

Hm...I guess that would depend on who you asked.[^o)] According to my sweet, domestic queen it is interfering with the rest of the day. (There's been a ceiling fan sitting in it's box outside my oldest son's bedroom for a month or more, waiting for someone to put it up.) But from my point of view, it's the domestic goddess doing the interfering -in the rest of my day !

(There's been a ceiling fan sitting in it's box outside my oldest son's bedroom for a month or more, waiting for someone to put it up.)

I have had the experience of putting up several ceiling fans....leave it in the box and crank up the tunes.

[:)] Yup, me too. That's why it's been setting there so long![:D]

Do you ever wonder if some of us become addicted to music? Because it seems to me to have certain drug-like effects. Not necessarily any music on any system, but once a threshold has been reached in terms of how much I like the music and the quality of reproduction, it definitely can do...something, to or for me. And I need my fix almost every day! I crave it and look forward to it. Just the thought of getting home and getting comfortable in the man-cave with some music washing over me...I'm definitely on dope here! But I don't want to get off of it. I just wanna get off on it!

You would be my kind of neighbor... We could feed off of each others habit.... and stay close to home.

Jdm, a question arises.You seem to be very knowledgeable about he affect of drugs on the pleasure centers of the brain.

How come?

Youthful experimentation in college?

You read certain tracts circulated by the Reverand BlusterandFluster describing the devil inducing effects of drugs that he had to overcome in order to find happiness with his six wives?

Thinking you were in a line for unemployment benefits, you spent several hours in the company of folks who were actually lined up for a methadone clinic?

Me, I can quit anytime I want to. Pretty much. Sorta. Maybe...

Nothing like aural Reefer Madness!! I travel far too much in pursuit of the almighty dollar and when gone I have horrible DTs and slip into a miserable funk. My iPod offers little solace. My car stereo just a tad more. It's pathetic.

Then when I return, I just piss off my neighbors with my hideous addiction. I like to combine music with plenty of alcohol and cigar smoke for the ultimate speedball.

One day I'll build a suitable man-cave out in the sticks or line my domo with lead. Till then I have to temper my addiction.

Jdm, a question arises.You seem to be very knowledgeable about he affect of drugs on the pleasure centers of the brain.

How come?

Youthful experimentation in college?

You read certain tracts circulated by the Reverand BlusterandFluster describing the devil inducing effects of drugs that he had to overcome in order to find happiness with his six wives?

Thinking you were in a line for unemployment benefits, you spent several hours in the company of folks who were actually lined up for a methadone clinic?

Me, I can quit anytime I want to. Pretty much. Sorta. Maybe...

None of the above. When I was 15, it was discovered that I had a small pre-cancerous polyp in my bladder. In the hospital, before I was taken down to have a cystoscopy I was given a shot in the butt with ...something fine. I mean WAY fine. I never felt better in my life. I had no muscle control whatsoever, but I didn't care. And it wasn't just physical. Everything in the world was just absolutely golden! I just plain...felt...GOOD! I never did learn what was in that needle and it's probably just as well because I would have wanted more. It was so good that I still remember it and it's been thirty-eight years ago!

Everything in the world was just absolutely golden! I just plain...felt...GOOD! I never did learn what was in that needle and it's probably just as well because I would have wanted more. It was so good that I still remember it and it's been thirty-eight years ago!

In the mid 70's I went to a dentist that gave me some kind of gas (Nitrous?) and had head phones and the nurse would put on what ever music you wanted. I thought I would change it up for the occasion and listen to some classical. It has never sounded soo good. And then they would let you drive home!

Everything in the world was just absolutely golden! I just plain...felt...GOOD! I never did learn what was in that needle and it's probably just as well because I would have wanted more. It was so good that I still remember it and it's been thirty-eight years ago!

In the mid 70's I went to a dentist that gave me some kind of gas (Nitrous?) and had head phones and the nurse would put on what ever music you wanted. I thought I would change it up for the occasion and listen to some classical. It has never sounded soo good. And then they would let you drive home!

i chose panama by van halen, and they turned it up as loud as you wanted. the non nitrous van halen doesn't hold a candle. [H]