Yard Sale Finds Today (Updated)

Guest davidness

Guest davidness

Every Saturday I cruise around my small town to see what might pop up. A couple of months ago, I scored an Adcom GFA-535 (2-channel power amp) for $5. Sounds almost as good as my Latino ST-120 Tube amp.

A couple of weekends ago I scored a GREAT collection of 171 CD's. Great Jazz, Blues, not your average-Joe's stuff, but from somebody who really loved music. Lady wanted $2 bucks a CD, I offered $80 for all. Mine.

Today I ran across these three pieces; (1) AudioSource AMP One (2-channel power amp), (1) AudioSource AMP Two (2-channel power amp), and (1) Adcom GDA-700 DAC (Digital-Analog Converter). Excellent condition, with boxes and manual. Everything works! This will be my first experience playing around with a standalone DAC (comments/suggestions are welcome).

Total Retail $1800. My total cost for all three... $20.

post-38614-13819616724442_thumb.jpg

post-38614-13819620749882_thumb.jpg

Today I ran across these three pieces; (1) AudioSource AMP One, (1) AudioSource AMP Two, and (1) Adcom GDA-700 DAC. Excellent condition, with boxes and manual. Everything works! This will be my first experience playing around with a standalone DAC (comments/suggestions are welcome).

My total for all three... $20.

Davidness,

Great find. If you don't like them you could sell them and probably make back 10 times your investment.

Isn't this fun?

Bill

Guest davidness

Okay, it's only Friday, and I work, so I could only hit 2 yard sales this morning on the way to the office:

How about 150 cd's, with racks... $40! (Click image to zoom in and see some of the titles).

post-38614-13819616834556_thumb.jpg

post-38614-13819620833848_thumb.jpg

Guest davidness

Must be the cheap B&W speakersWink

Actually a pair of B&W DM305, which are the large tower member of this line. I have the whole 5 speaker set:

These are the speakers I used until I upgraded to my current set (RF-7, etc. See profile). If anybody wants to try these B&W's I'd sell the whole set for, oh, say $650 + shipping.

post-38614-1381961683743_thumb.jpg

post-38614-13819620836168_thumb.jpg

Must be the cheap B&W speakersWink

Actually a pair of B&W DM305, which are the large tower member of this line. I have the whole 5 speaker set:

These are the speakers I used until I upgraded to my current set (RF-7, etc. See profile). If anybody wants to try these B&W's I'd sell the whole set for, oh, say $650 + shipping.

Check his sig he was yanking yer chain :-)

Guest davidness

Most weekends, I find nothing. But like Woody says, "Eighty percent of success is showing up.", or something like that. But I am having a lucky week. I still have NEVER run across any kind of Heritage Klipsch, or any tube amp or tube anything. I'm still dreaming of that first McIntosh score.