Koa Jube Clones even better than expected....

jorjen

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! Those look great! Did you build the mid horn yourself?

Thanks aj01. I had built some very nice 2" wood Edgar horns that I was going to use. Somewhere along the line I changed my mind and opted for a a pair of the beautiful FC260's that Greg Roberts offers.

YIKES, muy bueno mi amigo. You never cease to amaze me. Best to the family, Patrick

Hey Patrick. How the heck are ya man? Hope the McCarthy clan is forging ahead nicely and the best to them as well.

Thanks for the compliment. But you know you are going to have to see them in person, right? Folks just don't come to Atwater for no reason you know. [;)]

Jorjen please tell me you have listened to these beauties at last......

Believe me Seti I am working on it. Should have 'em goin' by this weekend.

Excellent. There is no doubt in my mind that these will absolutely kick ***! Great tweeter awesome mids and one of the best lf horns around. Congrats!!!! The crossover also looks superb.

VERY pretty! Any idea on how the bass will compare to a k-horn?

Do not know yet TP. I have now and have had Khorns in the past so I should be able to make a fair country comparison when I fire these up.

As long as his dimensions are in the ballpark (no reason to think they're not.... it looks like he's probably got a decent skilsaw [;)]) he'll have more output and as I understand it, 1/3'rd the distortion [Y]

I think one of the first words out of his mouth will be HOLY MACKEREL!

or something like that [8]

YIKES, muy bueno mi amigo. You never cease to amaze me. Best to the family, Patrick

Hey Patrick. How the heck are ya man? Hope the McCarthy clan is forging ahead nicely and the best to them as well.

Thanks for the compliment. But you know you are going to have to see them in person, right? Folks just don't come to Atwater for no reason you know. Wink

Sounds like the makings for a get-together...

You probably screwed up the networks. He should be running an active sytem anyhow. ;)

I definitely screwed them up, I should have used electrolytics to take the bite out of those crappy beryllium diaphragms. :)

I can't repeat the two word review -- the forum software won't allow it.

You know I'm jerking your chain. I don't know why he hasn't come in and said anything, but he's ecstatic. You know how it is -- you get a great upgrade then you disappear off the forum while you're enjoying the new sound. He might still be in the process of dialing things in too.

Yup I know.........then a few months go by...........then you hear a couple of other systems or someone else's Jubs..........then you think maybe I'll get a different amp or two..........maybe I'll try a different tweeter..............maybe I'll try 2-way.............maybe I'll go active..............and the hobby continues as usual.........and the audio world continues to turn.

I wasn't sure what you were saying at first but with all I can see in those pics, I find it hard to believe that those wouldn't sound right. They are totally beautiful.