Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

There is a reason as to why the purchase price is so low, but I will let other people who are authorized to speak on that matter.

I just enjoyed a day of installing Klipsch products, and I hope everyone reading this thread will do the same!!

Keep on supporting the product you love!!

David

Well Fred did say he thinks this sale would be good for the long term for Klipsch. He's done pretty well with Klispch over the past 20 years so we should cut the man a little slack. Here's to things getting even better for the Klipsch employees and PWK's long term legacy. [8][8][8][H][8][8][8]

Yeah a large corporationg buying out a "small" family owned and run business sounds kind of scary but the next 2 decades may be even better. Let's hope for the best.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really shocked and saddened by this news!

Klipsch is a quality company, much better than what the masses are giving us today and I fear what it now will become. I've seen so many Group holders buy name companies and strip out all the quality for highest profits possible.

I worked for a company who built a great reputation over the years and was acquired by one of the largest computer companies today and from that day on, every thing went down hill. Our service and products went down, employees loyalties and careers meant nothing and was weeded out over a 2 year period. It quickly became one of the worst companies to work for, and to this day, I do not buy there products with how horrible a company that company is.

I sure hope Klipsch doesn't end up this way!

FYI: from the inside...I see many new projects heading to Hope to be built...thoes guys down in Hope are so busy now that they are working weekends.

So far So good!

Thanks for the good thoughts.

So you know, from a PR standpoint, this would be a really good year to throw the best Pilgrimage ever (in Indy and not June 25th, please? or better yet both Indy and Hope) including really great door prizes. I've attended two. Ya'll built the prototype Jub bass bins into Jubs with 510 and passive xover and some other stuff and the 1st one, some of the incredible new 'phones along with a large pair of Reference, an RT12D, I think a pair of small Palladiums one year. Might quickly improve the confidence in Audiovox's stewardship of the Klispch legacy.

But I think we really owe Fred more respect and confidence given all the growth, and funding for Pilgrimages (including killer door prizes, good food) to think he would just sell out to make a quick buck.

Can't wait to see what new projects are coming from Hope.

And if a full blown Pilgrimage isn't going to happen, the unofficial Friday afternoon tour before Michaels TAMF09 of a couple of years ago wouldn't cost much and still be good for PR.

I worked for a company who built a great reputation over the years and was acquired by one of the largest computer companies today and from that day on, every thing went down hill. Our service and products went down, employees loyalties and careers meant nothing and was weeded out over a 2 year period. It quickly became one of the worst companies to work for, and to this day, I do not buy there products with how horrible a company that company is.

So SkyDover... did you used to work for a company that was started by a little presidential wann be Texan with big ears? Think 5, 4, 19 or were at least acquired by the same Computer company, think 8, 16?

I'm in that boat too but still working for new company. This week anyway. Who knows what Monday willl bring. But a lot smaller companies in question here and Kliplsch is doing pretty well.... and so far nothing's changed.

blsamuel, It's great if your still working for the new company, good luck to you! I'm just saying I've seen way too many come in and preach how great the new company will be and why it will make your company even better and all the promises. I wasn't one of them that was weeded out but for me, it became more of a moral and ethical thing, I'm old school and do not believe in treating people like I was told to do and will not, I resigned my position and moved and formed a new company with 3 other business partners that is doing very well today, because we treat our people how we want to be treated! Klipsch has a great reputation for treating it's people well and offering quality products, I hope that it does stay that way but looking into Audiovox acquired histories, may give us the answer!

It seems like the adversity of change worked for you in a positive way in that you were able to expand your skills and role in your new company venture, which is to be commended. Many people seem to want to sulk about how unfair things are and end up being left behind.

I’ve also been fortunate in various restructuring activities over the years at various companies where I have worked in that I was able to do better for myself and better for those close to me on my next ventures. However, at one point I realized, that in each case, I had to take the proverbial “step back” and ultimately had to upgrade my formal education to take “three steps forward.” Overall, I believe that those that succeeded in each situation seemed to have a common view of “the grass will be as green as I make it” at work and in life. Sometimes life just works in mysterious ways and we never know what that “catalyst” that prompts us to do better for ourselves will be…..I know I’ve always been surprised….

Klipsch changed forever when PWK passed away. It doesn't really matter now who 'owns' the company - nor does it matter if any owner after PWK has the family name of Klipsch, or not. What does matter is the continuing passion of the Klipsch engineers and having enough money to fully develop, then market their ideas...

Glad to hear Arkansans will be enjoying support from the new owners and may look at a expanding future .

Moving forward I hope we do see car audio products and perhaps new Heritage style designs.

Always wanted Klipsch car speakers. I would gladly fill my car with Klipsch product.

Imaging a small pair of LaScala top ends in my rear view now...WOOT!