Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

I'd have thought a bunch of guys smart enough to own Klipsch speakers would have some confidence in the brand's ownership. I've been proud of their products for fifty years and look forward to listening to them when I'm dead and in hell (OK, hell is an eternity of Bose; I promise to be good.).

I've got to agree there. After the initial shock we're kind of insulting Fred and Judy (and anyone else who may have an interest). Though I think the Klipsch employees volunteer their time for the Pilgrimages, that really says a lot about the company culture, Klipsch has ponied up the dough for some pretty seriously nice door prizes, some tee shirts and the like for everyone (THANKS!), and even fed the faithful a very nice lunch and dinner.

Fred has also taken time out of his busy schedule to field questions. And we're making him out like a traitor. I hope he's not offended but at least I'm sure he appreciates the passion. We've ran off and declared doomsday and don't really know the facts. Or if the sale will go through. The bomb has not dropped yet and it may turn out to begin a new golden age for Klipsch (how's that for optimism, Amy? :) ).

Now we can arrange a session with (rhymes with hose) in the Klipsch dungeon in the land of Klipsch. And please, (rhymes with hose) is a 4 leter word, or maybe really an acronym), so be careful in it's use, innocent children may be reading these posts.

Things like this ACQUISITION always end up being ruined by the bean counters... those little fellows are always under pressure to increase margins. what is the first thing to go when increasing margins? Quality.It starts out, well this won't hurt the product very much... then it's this little bit here doesn't seem to effect the sales... next thing you know, it is a completely different item based simply on costing. I try to be positive, but the track record for such business decisions does not bode well for the end users that have come to know and love a brand. Branding is really a difficult thing to build... what klipsch has can not be bought. UNLESS you are Audiovox.

this is take years, and there will be some positives that come out of it, but slowly the juice will be squeezed out... the lemon will run dry and the rind will be tossed out with the trash, or sold off once again... in name only.

In name only is all we will have left after this purchase goes through.

ANSER ME THIS: HOW DOES SALE OF KLIPSCH GROUP, TO AUDOVOX, CHAING THE SPEAKERS YOU ALL READY OWN 1 EYE-OATA//////

I DONT' GET IT

SORRY FOR ALLCAPS

• It doesn't change the speakers we already own, but if we blow a tweeter, we hope Klipsch will have a replacement for us to buy.
  • I really hope they keep making the Heritage line, and continue to make small (or large) upgrades in Heritage. If they continue to offer these upgrade kits, many of us will continue to buy them. IMO, as far as immediacy, liveness, and dynamics are concerned, Klipschorns are still the best speakers I've heard (except for, in all likielyhood, two I haven't heard, the Jubs and the big Palladium).

After thinking about it, it boils down to the Klipschorn. No Klipschorn, no legitimate legacy of the Legend. Even if the rest of Heritage should be DC'd, as long as the Klipschorn is built and offered as per PWK's Cardinal Rules, Klipsch rules.

That's my story, and I'm stickn' to it.

Dave

After thinking about it, it boils down to the Klipschorn. No Klipschorn, no legitimate legacy of the Legend. Even if the rest of Heritage should be DC'd, as long as the Klipschorn is built and offered as per PWK's Cardinal Rules, Klipsch rules.

That's my story, and I'm stickn' to it.

Dave

You are absolutely correct, Dave.

Dave

it'll will be called the Audiovoxhorn and >>>>>>> > > >> > > >>>.......... .. . . . . . . . . it be made out of plastique

Will it be called the Scheißehorn instead? or the Billigpfeife? maybe the Müllwürfel? (keeping with the German theme)

I guess it's time to buy a set of Palladiums while I still can ...

From TWICE:

Though Klipsch will operate as a stand-alone company, said Audiovox president/ CEO Patrick Lavelle, "we see many opportunities to leverage distribution, global brand development, and brand
expansion in areas such as OEM automotive and professional audio."

I guess this means we'll soon see the Reference line at Sears and Palladiums at such high-end establishments as Best Buy and Amazon.com

Klipsch also "provides an outstanding new distribution channel for our company to reach the home and commercial installation markets," Lavelle said.

Sounds like we'll be seeing Klipsch branded universal remotes and low-end cables with pretty connectors, all of which bear a striking resemblance to their AR counterparts sitting on dusty warehouse shelves at CompUSA and Circuit City.

Wow, $166 million seems like such a low price, no wonder Audiovox bought them. It would have been nice to see a hifi-centric M&A group buy them instead.

I am seriously disappointed. I hope it turns out to be for nothing, only time will tell.

Seriously guys? How many of you were just rushing out the door anyways to buy NEW klipsch products? The shit you already own isn't going anywhere and this acquisition likely has no change whatsoever on your equipment in the foreseeable future. I'm just as responsible for this happening - all of my Klipsch gear was purchased used. Everybody is really waving the banner about brand identity and the loyalty of Hope, but how many of us have actually been going out there and supporting their bottom line?

but how many of us have actually been going out there and supporting their bottom line?

Me[6] For one.

Lets see, I've bought 12 new Reference speakers, a set of headphones, 1 subwoofer and a H3 kit, all new from Klipsch. I have purchased 4 used speakers however. I'm sure that there are those on this forum that could make my purchases look paltry by comparison.

EDIT: I think you're forgetting how important people like you are to Klipsch staying in business however. If no one had ever bought my sperkers from me that I had purchased new, I wouldn't have been able to purchase more new product from Klipsch.

While I have only been llucky enough to only have Heritage products, my zeal has caused the college where I work to purchase a few pairs of the C800T speakers to install in classrooms and another staff member to buy new Klipsch for his home system. I'm feeling pretty good about it.

If I could afford it, I would still be buying some new Klipsch gear. This forum has been great for me, with support for all that has gone on in my life.I don't know fo another company that can claim that title.

Bruce