Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

As for new vs. old...have you heard the LS II? I have owned many pairs of LS and a pr of LS II...the LSII sounds better. (IMO) The same could be said for the other products in that line. Oh yea...PWK was there and involved when the shorthorn, Rebel, Forte, Chorus and others were built...KG, Tangent...so yes, Paul understood that the Khorn, as good as it is, is not the speaker for everyone...True, any company that does not move forward fails.

Amen. The LS II is awesome as is the Heresy III. It is hard for me to pick which of the two were the most improved out of the Heritage line. Both are bargains in the Hi-Fi world.

Yep I've got to agree. Go buy some NEW Heritaga and support the cause. Besides for all those thinking the sky has already fallen it won't be around long but I doubt that will be the case.

I'd love to own a HT with the larger Heritage speakers but their cost is prohibitive to me...When I had the money I went to Indy to audition them (the only place I could find that had them to audition) and couldn't justify the cost over my Reference based HT.

I think I like the Heritage better. Maybe > 40 (nearing 50) hearing. I've heard both and both are spectacular. Our house really isn't big enough for full Heritage HT so smaller reference maybe or Reference or Ultra TXH in wall / in ceiling. Now if my checking account would improve a bit. So I'm trolling for the mythical $40 Cornwalls or LaScalas until my financial situation gets back on track... then who knows. I think my first need is a sub to augment the Heresies so that may be good for DIY just because it's fun. Some fully horn loaded designs available that can be built relatively inexpensively.... but I'll first have to stock up on Bondo and duct tape given my modest woodworking skills....

I have tried to stop the rebuilding of Klipsch product for as long as I have been with the co. As a company, we have tried to go out of our way to make all our customers to feel like family. Many of you on here know where many of us live and have our presional numbers.

Good luck as many think they can make it better. Tweaking their own. No problemo. Selling their own. Just not right. We do feel like family.

A couple of numbers yes. Maybe only 1 but probably out of date. I could probalby beg and get yours but you'd probably give it to me if I were to ask with good reason.

we should all remember the people invloved and continue to count each other as friends. Even if we all loose our place here, it will not kill us...we will pick ourselves up and move on. I see none of us taking a nose dive off the roof over this.

It's only a job. I'm sure mine will go away soon..... but I thought that 4 years ago. And I'm still employed but new company, who bought the former, has worked harder to get rid of me... much harder.... [:#]

Past all that, there should be some great chances to get into product lines that the company now has not been able to break into. Maybe your next high end car will have Klipsch audio system in it...or your next MP3 player comes with Klipsch headphones...

Maybe. But I already have Image x10 and Custom 2. So Klipsch is now a headphone company to some. LOL.

The one thing you can count on is that if it has the Klipsch name on it, the people here will do all we can to up hold that name.

We're counting on it. I want to be able to buy pretty new Klipschorns (or Jubilees) or LaScala II's some day.

Speakers were easy for Paul, putting up with bullshit was not.

The bigger the company.... the deeper the BS. So be sure to keep hip waders and a shovel handy. Or watch out for BS coming your way. From all directions. Hopefully, should this go through, Klipsch will be left alone but maybe with improved distribution channels into new markets. That's what I'm hoping for.

As far as DIY. Klipsch employees are very helpfull without revealing patents of course in helping people just wanting to tweak / rebuild their Klipsch or build crazy cool things (80hz Tractrix bass horns come to mind). Or getting the Pro Cinema Jubilee's into the home and dialed in for home use. Or addint a K69 / 501 horn top end to a LaScala bass bin. Things that the company might like to pursue some day.

And who knows what kind of cool things await us at Pilgrimage 2011. I'm counting on there being one. Just not on June 25th weekend. Please.

Believe me, I was extremely upset last summer when my flight to Little Rock got cancelled and prevented me from attending the pilgrimage. For all intent and purposes, I might as well missed my actual family reunion.

I know what you mean. Some of my family members who live within 10 miles of the family reunion location for 20+ years now and on the 3rd Sunday in July for over 30 years don't even bother to come. Some of said family members may have even scheduled Church picnic at the church our common anscestors helped build on the 3rd Sunday in July.

Might be worse missing the Pilgrimage than family reunion given the effort by some family members. That said, except maybe this year, we normally have a contingent from Rockford Illinois. I remember that we went to Rockford when we had the reunion there when I was but a wee lad.

The current location is perfect. It's I kid you not, the old horse barn where my Dad and other family members went to school and graduated from. The school's long gone but the old horse barn converted into volunteer fire department who added on more space for the fire department and kept this as a community building. Finally added AC a few years back (thank God) heat is really hard on those 70 - 90 year olds. We used to have it at a lodge on the outskirts of the same "town" it has a post office and maybe 100 - 200 residents. Maybe 50. I think the grocery store / gas finally closed down but the lodge quit renting out their space when they installed AC.

All that remains of the school is the old bell one of my graduating classmates sons built a nice stand and marker for where the school used to stand.

The thing that makes it perfect though is that a lot of class and other pictures from the old school are on the wall including a few relatives and Dad's 1937 class picture. A few others as well.

Many of these people won't come to our daughter's wedding next June. But many will. I'm inviting a good many as I'm getting tired of only seeing some of my family members at funerals. Probably a waste of time and money to send invitations to some but worth it if one or two actually come.

I'm inviting a good many as I'm getting tired of only seeing some of my family members at funerals.

You should even mention that in the invitation. Might make them feel guilty if the don't show up.

Bruce

and it had to be the ONE post in all the internet where someone agreed with me. Figures.. :P

I agree with that!!

Now Amy, is that showing Thaddeus love?

Hmmm maybe I better go check his posts to see if I agree with any.... jk

Ummmm, no, she pulled his post (and all reference to it). She may or may not have agreed with it but it was pulled.

• Moderators

and it had to be the ONE post in all the internet where someone agreed with me. Figures.. :P

I agree with that!!

Now Amy, is that showing Thaddeus love?

Hmmm maybe I better go check his posts to see if I agree with any.... jk

Ummmm, no, she pulled his post (and all reference to it). She may or may not have agreed with it but it was pulled.

I was agreeing that it was the one post on all the internet that someone agreed with him.

[:)]

And yes, I pulled it, but only b/c it contained a quote that was no longer on the forum. It was confusing.

Sorry for the drama.

Too bad! I hope none of the employees don't lose their jobs.

You hope they're all fired? Sorry, I knew what you meant. Especially Amy, Trey, Hunter, Delgado...Our family!!

Sorry, I shouldn't have drinks and type........now edited.

Gregg.... Don't forget Mark aka Professor Thump!

Thanks Ben...

I don't know how to respond. I have plenty of opinions as you may know. I realize that most of my opinions could jeopardize my job, but I also feel like we need to start talking about the future and how things will improve. You have not been given any facts from the company because there are no binding agreements in place. Once they are then Audiovox can respond with their new strategy.

I don't think we are in a panic zone here folks. There will be change. That is a fact. Many changes will be bad and many will be good in the public's eyes. But know this... Klipsch engineering as we are now have not changed. We are still striving to give you the best audio for a competitive price. We take pride in our American heritage and production in Hope. I hope that continues. Audiovox has purchased a cash cow. We are highly profitable, which is different from the rest of the audio companies to date. Management recognized that value, and should, since it pays the bills.

I may be working for another company if it is written in the cards. It is not my plan at this time, but plans can change as the time passes. I hope and pray that Klipsch Employees are intact after the transfer of power. Only time will tell.

Please know though that I plan on continuing the effort to design great sounding kick *** products at Klipsch in the future.

• Moderators

We are highly profitable, which is different from the rest of the audio companies to date.

Sounds like it's time for a Klipsch Blue Light Special (ex. Buy One Get One Free). [:P]

Maybe you could have a deal like Lowes did this year as a Pre-Black Friday online event from their Facebook Page. First ____ people to email them got an item at 90% Off. Cmon Klipsch, you know you would love to share the love with your loyal Klipsch fans. [:D]

Maybe you could have a deal like Lowes did this year as a Pre-Black Friday online event from their Facebook Page. First ____ people to email them got an item at 90% Off. Cmon Klipsch, you know you would love to share the love with your loyal Klipsch fans. Big Smile

Todays Deal: First five people to order a pair of Palladium P-39F's and Youthman pays 90% of your bill. Klipsch has Youth's credit card on file and are ready to start taking orders. [;)]

Sorry to bust your bubble Rich Guy but we cut up our credit cards about 6 years ago. Don't think I could swing the P-39F's on my debit card. But thanks for thinking of me. Stick out tongue

Yes but Amy opened up a special platinum edition Klipsch/Audiovox Mastercard in your name, best of all it has a low 28% interest rate! [:P]